Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Rescued piglets given back to firefighters who saved them, as sausages

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah these guys are a right bunch of Dicks fire fighters regardless, but I mean it is a pig, they get slaughtered and killed every day, granted not by the very people that were supposed to save it, but in this case it was going to be made into exactly what they turned it into.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why only wait six months tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah these guys are a right bunch of Dicks fire fighters regardless, but I mean it is a pig, they get slaughtered and killed every day, granted not by the very people that were supposed to save it, but in this case it was going to be made into exactly what they turned it into.
    I guess you didn't read the article?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Title of the article: Rescued piglets given back to firefighters who saved them - as SAUSAGES in the link

I support pig in all its many flavors.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Why are they dicks?

Why are the firefighters dicks?
    Were they killed/slaughtered by the people (firefighters) that saved them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Why are they dicks?
    He didn't read the article apparently, just the title.

Those sausages looked mighty tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Those sausages looked mighty tasty!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7903431.html

10+ Year Old Account
    that was very apparent. im just going to post it for them .

A group of firefighters ended up eating the piglets they rescued after they were given them back as sausages.

The baby pigs and two sows were saved from certain death when the barn they were living in went up in flames in February.

But six months later they ended up on the barbecue when they were handed to the firefighters who extinguished the blaze – as organic bangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Why are they dicks?

I am surprised this has to be explained

A group of firefighters ended up eating the piglets they rescued after they were given them back as sausages.

The baby pigs and two sows were saved from certain death when the barn they were living in went up in flames in February.

But six months later they ended up on the barbecue when they were handed to the firefighters who extinguished the blaze – as organic bangers.

Fire crews had extinguished the fire at Lawn Farm in Milton Lilbourne, Wiltshire, owned by Rachel Rivers.

She said: “This was just a token gesture to the fire service. They were over the moon with them.
    - - - Updated - - -

Why are the firefighters dicks?
    Were they killed/slaughtered by the people (firefighters) that saved them?

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't read the article apparently, just the title.
    Well I would say you probably didn't read the article, but knowing you ya did, and you obviously don't see what the problem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised this has to be explained

- - - Updated - - -

Well I would say you probably didn't read the article, but knowing you ya did, and you obviously don't see what the problem is.
    So its a "dick thing to do" to eat an animal meant for human consumption just because they rescued them as piglets?

Please take a course in logic 101.

Deleted
    Nothing to see here, just an OP who can't read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So its a "dick thing to do" to eat an animal meant for human consumption just because they rescued them as piglets?

Well NO, not especially, since the problem isn't with them eating or consuming meat, as much as it is with the fact these specific animals were rescued by the fire fighters and turned around and made into lunch.

It is what it is, but I am not going to pretend it isn't a dick move because it is, and obviously I am not the only one that agrees, because someone ran a story about it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

You're arguing with a vegan. What did you expect?

Mmmmmmmm sign me up!

What's the problem here?

Fire fighters saved the farmers goods. Farmer gifted those goods later on after they were processed.

Sounds alright to me.

Oh, what? You don't consider animals to be goods? Sowwy

Having family that lived on a pig farm, I can tell you that as children my cousins would pick out "their" pig and name it. As a pet sort of thing, but only in the nature that you pay attention to their day to day well-being and kind of remember the history of their life. Gimpy, for instance, was one with a limp that my youngest cousin had named. When it came time for slaughter, Gimpy still got eaten, and they typically kept the named ones to be specially butchered and sent back to the farm family for consumption. Livestock raising is not for the easily attached.