Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Jurassic World Evolution

If it's anything like Operation Genesis, sign me up.

Edit: On Xbox, PC, PS4.
    Last edited by BarelyLegalBear; 2017-08-20 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Jurassic park tycoon game? I can dig it.

So, Operation Genesis, but hopefully not crap.

Cool.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post

Appears to be only on the Xbox One X but i'm hyped for this. If it's anything like Operation Genesis, sign me up.
    No, it was just announced at a Microsoft event ... and it isn't just for the XBox One X ... it will work on any XBox One.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Appears to be only on the Xbox One X but i'm hyped for this. If it's anything like Operation Genesis, sign me up.
    "Steam, PS4 and XBONE at the end of this trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWagBjDMwTU

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not exclusive it seems. Lets not turn this into another Monster Hunter world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    "Steam, PS4 and XBONE at the end of this trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWagBjDMwTU
    Didn't see this trailer, one on the Xbox channel was the first to come up. Thanks for this, edited the OP!

Operation Genesis had so much potential to be good but it was extremely limited in pretty much every regard which is what ruined it, even though I had fun with it for a while. Hopefully this is much improved.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    If you didn't like Operation Genesis, then you're either 30+ or have no taste in games, because that game was fucking awesome.
    I remember being a little kid and playing it on the PS2, spent so many hours in that game. And from the looks of it, there's a lot of people who did the same as the announcement is already gathering a lot of excitement from the old Operation Genesis crowd.

Looking forward to this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty solid, most likely will give this a buy
    Just hope we can mix and match dino dna to produce some real big dinos(I-Rex?)

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's anything like Operation Genesis, sign me up.
    Same, I played that game a shit ton when I was a kid.

10+ Year Old Account

Looks fun enough, but i'm still waiting on the modern tresspasser. A first person bioshockey not quite horror exploring an overgrown, half finished park full of superpreadtors before it all got revived in World.

10+ Year Old Account
    release date 12th June, priced 60€/60$ (PC/Xbox/PS4)

gameplay with Turps
    Spoiler: 

That's looking pretty good, hopefully they can nail the management side of things for the later game.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I am still excited for this, I feel like it is still missing attention to detail. One thing that really captured me when I played JPOG when I was younger, was the fighting between dinos.
    For instance:

Another:

Little details like this really made the game different. In Evolution, you see the dinosaurs attacking space and not really interacting with the others. In JPOG, you could see them eating meat, actually watching them fight each other. If you watched the videos I linked, the way the dinosaurs actually put something in their mouth whereas with evolution, it's space. The little details. I don't know what i'm trying to make out of this, but I just feel like it's missing something. It's the little things that always made these types of games enjoyable for me.

Kind of like LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth. Watching the orcs stir more orcs, the training you'd see in the buildings. Farmers actually farming. That kind of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they include the "classic" design of the Jurassic Park visitors center and amenities as well as the "Jurassic world" style ones.

Also digging that Jeff Goldblum has a narration role in the game as well.

I love planet coaster, loved RCT3, (from the guys who are making this game) and loved JP:OG. Hopefully this can pull together all the best things from them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I watched Quill18's playthrough on YouTube. It looks good, but I'll probably pass. Too much micro-managment and not enough customization, and the maps look really cramped. It's still early, though.