Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I am healing on my druid in main spec. Why? I have been always playing feral, i dont have time to play in guilds espesially realm top and feral is simply very bad dps + it's easier to find group as healer.

It's same about monks imo. WW is very bad dps so what's the point to play something that is bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Tanks had 25% threat increase in TBC, and DPS/Healers had Blessing of Salvation (-30% threat). Melee didn't take aggro until 110% and ranged at 130%..

Back then, threat was an issue that needed management for all in the raid...... Just like it needs to be again.
    It was an annoying mechanic and I'm glad it's gone. Having to stand around doing nothing because you were close to overaggroing was really annoying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Hello everyone, I've got a question for you,

What would make you MAIN a tank or healer? Not tank on an alt, or heal with an off spec, it's the only thing you do to progress your character.

The vast majority of the playerbase, as evident by the occasionally massive queue times when queuing as a damage dealer, love big dick damage numbers, juicy crits and extra thicc deeps, what would make you switch permanently?

More accessible mechanics? More interesting perhaps? Visuals not exciting enough? Classes and specs not exciting enough thematically? Is it due to the community? Is there too little reward for a lot of effort? Is it because healers and tanks are treated poorly? I'm curious!

For me, it's a matter of class and spec selection, I don't necessarily have anything against the roles in question, I simply play a mage and love it, if the class had a Battlemage spec or Chronomancer healing spec, I would absolutely switch, especially due to the fact that I am never able to compete anyway in terms of damage output, so I may as well make myself useful in another way.

I would give Blood DK a go, or a Holy Priest, but I have neither class levelcapped, and the journey to max level is just too tideous.

EDIT: Another thing that could make me want to play a tank would be if WoW had a combat system like that of Wildstar, if every single attack a boss made was a telegraph on the ground that could be dodged to avoid damage completely, or if an actual blocking or parrying system was put in place, rewarding perfect timing with taking significantly less damage from an attack, although I do realize that it would require a complete overhaul of WoW's tab targetting combat system
    I main a tank and have done for a few years (since MSV in MoP if I'm not mistaken) so I know I'm already not your target audience. Anyway the thing that really made tanking enjoyable for me was vengeance (not the new dh spec the old buff we had). Having a boss hit you like a truck and you responding by hitting him back like a truck was definitely fun. I understand why they removed it since you could technically if it was not for berserk timers solo some raid bosses ( I remember our raid wiping on Galakras in SOO and me soloing the last 40% of the boss just because I could...and bears where OP purely because of the numbers I could put out due to vengeance).

I find your idea of more actively dodging and evading boss abilities very interesting. I can see how it will be complicated when it comes to parrying melee swings but something simple like the boss smashing or stomping the ground in front of him/her and you having to dodge I find that more engaging than "x ability is coming, use mitigation or you get nasty dot". What I'm talking about has been done before (Think it was in Skyhold in WOD? the construct with the beams and you had to see which hand was up so you know whether to dodge left or right) and that was more engaging.

To answer your thoughts on trying tanking if you cba to level a blood dk then why not try tanking with a DH its closer to level cap (if you dont have one already) and it's similar in playstyle to a blood DK assuming you take certain talents. It's not as powerfull but still very strong in certain senarios and HELLA-FUN in m+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    I am healing on my druid in main spec. Why? I have been always playing feral, i dont have time to play in guilds espesially realm top and feral is simply very bad dps + it's easier to find group as healer.

It's same about monks imo. WW is very bad dps so what's the point to play something that is bad?
    WW is very fun to play and can pull decent numbers. We have one in our raid group and he constantly gets to keep his spot. WW is by far bad at DPS especially in sustained DPS. It might lack burst which is what most people enjoy to see big dick numbers in a 30 sec window but its not as bad as the community thinks. Monks are just under-represented because most associate them with pandas.

7+ Year Old Account
    t for not going fast enough. people pulling extra mobs and healer complaining they are bored pull bigger....then when i pull bigger i die and i get kicked. as a dps this doesnt happen to me. so no more tnaking for me.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

As a DPS or Tank you're allowed to use your full potential when questing through the story. As a Healer, you can't do that. What are you going to heal, yourself? Instead of healing those afflicted by the enemies you encounter, you're expected to dispatch the enemies... not heal allies. So, what, being a healer was just a big joke choice then? There isn't any gameplay option to "experience the story as a healer". No, you're just going to be a worse DPS. And that kind of ruins the experience for me. Maining a Tank I've done. But maining a healer I won't do until I feel I can experience the story "as a healer".

Quote Originally Posted by Cremic View Post
    There are many different thing one can do to spice up tomb a bit as a tank, Solo tank Goroth, tuant swap at higher stack if that bleed from harjatan or avatar, solo soak the hammers from maiden and yes I mean in heroic
    Those feel far less challenging, to be honest. And solo soaking maiden was what we did from the start for my guild, we consider that the norm =/

Even the fights I mentioned for Nighthold lost their spark when we began out gearing it within a couple weeks.

Same falls to ToS, except that was out geared almost right from the start for us. KJ was interesting until we could pool enough RP to just Death Strike after every Fel Claw with VB up every time. (My co-tank was also a Blood DK.)

I already main a tank. It's primarily a control thing. I'm happy to dps in calmer situations but when the shit is flying and things need a tight grip I want my own hands on the wheel.