Deleted

Question Help! I wanna start playing a rogue

So i recently got into wow again and I have chosen to boost a rogue to lvl 100 and I have casualy leveled her to lvl 110 got a bit of artifact knowledge and so and so forth.

But I feel that I am slooging through the games content and I need some help learning legion and all the little quirks such as artifact, questing areas, dungeon & ilvl. Basically your newbie lvl guide to rogues in legion.

Thank you

Deleted

Main tip is to not worry at all about artifact power or knowledge. Youll be boosted up to where we all are in a week or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekroman View Post
    Main tip is to not worry at all about artifact power or knowledge. Youll be boosted up to where we all are in a week or 2.
    Not if they don't have a main with AK40. If this is an alt yeah sure don't worry about AP.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

I am currently struggling with Rogue alt, not my favorite class so I'm as much newbie (long periods of time not playing it) as you, OP.

But few things I observed that may help:
    1. unlock Broken Shore part
    2. run invasions whenever possible - lots of nethershards and 850 ilvl gear is 400 shards a piece. 2 full invasions and scenarios afterwards should net you enough for full set
    3. participate in Broken Shore rare elites (green skulls), apart from shards they drop sometimes 850 gear tokens
    4. hunt WQ's for relics. You can have good gear but with low or no relics you will plain sucks. My Warrior alt suffers from that (850+ in gear, 750 in weapon, nearly 3M HP and barely 150k dps as Fury...)
    5. complete Broken Shore dailies - they grant 25 resource per one, 100 is required for donation - this gives you AP token (16M at AK40) and a container (gold, garrison resources, sometimes gear token, actual gear piece, relic, rare chance for legendary)
    6. run Legion WQ's for AP (if you don't have it already maxed AK wise), gear. Rogues don't have (in class hall research) option for an instant WQ finisher, which is shame (other classes can trade 100 resources for a token that finishes any regular WQ - I've got few "free" 880 ilvl pieces this way, especially valuable for relics)

Above will give you fair base for applying builds/rotations guides.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...All the finishers (rupture, envenom) are DoTs, right? ...
    Envenom is mainly direct dmg like Eviscerate (also buffs poison hit chance)...just reread the tooltip

As a rogue you need to pray to the legendary gods for the shoulders :3

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hmmkay..."Finishing move that drives your poisoned blades in deep, dealing instant Nature damage"....(and after that it says how long it last and how much damage it does over time)
    Envenom is not putting any DOTs on your Enemy. It's just giving a higher chance of applying poison(which is DPS increase), but it's still used as a pure DMG ability.

Envenom :

Finishing move that drives your poisoned blades in deep, dealing instant Nature damage and increasing your poison application chance by 30%. Damage and duration increased per combo point.

That's instant dmg not dmg over time. the duration refers to the poison application chance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    As a rogue you need to pray to the legendary gods for the shoulders :3
    also this... I found mine in a random chest under a waterfall >.>

I had to make due with a dreadlord's cape till then. (not gonna lie FoK/ShS hitting harder than 6pt finisher crits is hilarious though)