Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    True although you still need financial backing to actually get into a good studio, as that equipment is still expensive. Entry level record is without a doubt easier to make You can now get for a couple of thousands equipement due to it all being digital now what used to cost 10's to hundred times more.
    A lot of these self-producing bands set up their own studios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I absolutely love this about the industry today. Recording is more cost effective, available, and time manageable now than ever before. Putting out an album is sooo easy in the digital market, and getting your name heard is easy as well with the use of social media.

The only part that I can see where a manager would be useful is to book shows for the band. But even that is easy enough if you have the time.

Being a musician today is wonderful! However, it is sadly very competitive still though. So having marketing skills is extremely useful, if not down right necessary.
    I see from your Location you are no doubt familiar with the Works of one Mr. Devin Townsend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    A lot of these self-producing bands set up their own studios.

- - - Updated - - -

I see from your Location you are no doubt familiar with the Works of one Mr. Devin Townsend
    I am a huge fan. He is basically my idol, lol.

My new band is actually setting up an album similar to Ziltoid the Omniscient. Different content obviously, but it will be a narrated concept album.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because even though she had a few radio hits, that poppy/rock/folk genre had a very niche following. They used to play some of her hits at the skating rink.

Perhaps its because she came out when grunge was popular... so when came to our senses all of our CDs from that era were thrown out... including her, and she was forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Because even though she had a few radio hits, that poppy/rock/folk genre had a very niche following. They used to play some of her hits at the skating rink.

Perhaps its because she came out when grunge was popular... so when came to our senses all of our CDs from that era were thrown out... including her, and she was forgotten.
    Applying elitism to a specific music era merely points out how little you know about music and how selective your knowledge is. Both 90's and 00's had good artists and downplaying a certain genre merely shows your bias on top of your inability to appreciate music outside of your "zone".

Alanis is kind of a more edgy folk singer than anything else, and folk singers have a tough time being in the mainstream spotlight.

One of my favorite musicians of all time, Ani DiFranco, is best described probably as a folk singer, and she had maaaaaaaybe a half year of mainstream success with Plastic Castles and 32 Flavors - but I've been following her music now for almost 30 years.

I think of Alanis in very similar terms - they're just in a genre that doesn't receive much attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Applying elitism to a specific music era merely points out how little you know about music and how selective your knowledge is. Both 90's and 00's had good artists and downplaying a certain genre merely shows your bias on top of your inability to appreciate music outside of your "zone".
    Or maybe its just your inability to take a joke and your general unpleasant demeanor and outlook on life? Seriously the hard on you have toward me... getting a little creepy... point it some place else please. and. lighten. the. fuck. up.

Obviously I liked that music if I owned their CDs... herp derp, should have been pretty obvious no? Whatever reason I had for throwing out those CDs... it wasn't actually stated here. But you being the ray of sunshine you are, you assumed the worst.

The biggest irony in Ironic is that not much of it is actually ironic, if any of it.

Rain on your wedding day. Only ironic if you happen to be a meteorologist for instance.
    A death row pardon 2 minutes too late is a tragedy.

Song should be called Unfortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe its just your inability to take a joke and your general unpleasant demeanor and outlook on life? Seriously the hard on you have toward me... getting a little creepy... point it some place else please. and. lighten. the. fuck. up.

Obviously I liked that music if I owned their CDs... herp derp, should have been pretty obvious no? Whatever reason I had for throwing out those CDs... it wasn't actually stated here. But you being the ray of sunshine you are, you assumed the worst.
    I pointed something out you disliked that i get that, however me having a hard on for you while i responded what once towards you? That's some real paranoid behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pointed something out you disliked that i get that, however me having a hard on for you while i responded what once towards you? That's some real paranoid behavior.
    I accept your apology for behaving obnoxiously and contemptibly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I accept your apology for behaving obnoxiously and contemptibly.
    Hey, you like to assume and see things where there is nothing don't let me ruin that for you now. Would like to know your dealer for your supply of psychedelics since they seem to be high grade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, you like to assume and see things where there is nothing don't let me ruin that for you now. Would like to know your dealer for your supply of psychedelics since they seem to be high grade.
    Why is it so hard for people to own up to a mistake. You came at me with your panties in a bunch because you THOUGHT I insulted an entire era of "good" music. But rather than simply apologize for jumping to conclusions and behaving like a totally loathsome human being... you continue to reveal your true nature to onlookers. You're making a scene now... walk away and stop projecting.

Stay on the topic at hand please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Is it ironic?
    No, it's coincidental.