Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Canada's Trudeau Sounds Alarm About Illegal Immigrants

Source: http://insider.foxnews.com/amp/article/57518

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is sounding the alarm on the growing flood of immigrants entering Canada.

"Canada is an opening and welcoming society, but let me be clear. We are also a country of laws," Trudeau said in remarks after a meeting in Montreal with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar.

"Entering Canada irregularly is not an advantage," the prime minister doubled down. "There are rigorous immigration and customs rules that will be followed. Make no mistake."

Illegal border crossings to Canada spiked in July, reaching more than triple June's 884 crossings. Most immigrants enter through Quebec.

President Trump in January put a hold on refugees to the United States and barred travelers from several countries infected with terrorism. In the wake of the president's move, Trudeau offered assistance and asylum to refugees.

"To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith," The prime minister tweeted. "Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada."

Now, however, the prime minister is concerned about the growing number of mostly Haitian illegal immigrants leaving the U.S. in response to Trump's tough immigration policies.

"Our rules, our principles and our laws apply to everyone," Trudeau warned.

Earlier this year, Fox News reported from the Canadian border, talking to authorities about the influx of illegal crossings by those seeking refugee protections.
    Huh?! Honorable PM Justin Trudeau should be more welcoming!. Canada is supposed to be a shining example after all ! It doesn't fit for a world's shining example of diversity and inclusion to turn down poor refugees !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Huh?! Honorable PM Justin Trudeau should be more welcoming!. Canada is supposed to be a shining example after all ! It doesn't fit for a world's shining example of diversity and inclusion to turn down poor refugees !
    We can welcome everyone and still expect them to go through the proper channels.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No one fleeing the U.S. Is a real refugee there's no reason they should be allowed to stay in Canada real refugees should be.

So Canada is against illegal immigration. It's funny because they condemn the US for it
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

oh great, you're back.

Strangely, it will be the same trolls that trashed the US for enforcing our immigration laws that will be the first to say this position from Canada is different because, reasons. I think this is probably the only intelligent statement that I have ever seen published from the Canadian PM, I hope for the sake of the taxpayers in their country that they are able to rein in the illegal immigration problem before it becomes as much of a burden for them as it is for us.

* edited typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    When America sends people, they don't send their best.

Build the Wall!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    Strangely, it will be the same trolls that trashed the US for enforcing our immigration laws that will be the first to say this position from Canada is different because, reasons. I think this is probably the only intelligent statement that I have ever seen published from the Canadian PM, I hope for the sake of the taxpayers in their country that they are able to rein in the illegal immigration problem before it becomes as much of a burden for them as it is for us.

* edited typo
    I have simplify for Mexican illegals trying to get into the U.S. Because of how crappy Mexico is I can't say I feel the same way for people trying to get into Canada from the U.S. As the U.S. Isn't at all comparable to Mexico.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

You just look at words and define them any 'ol way you want, eh? His statement conforms to a policy of open arms for immigrants, just in case you actually cared.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So Canada is against illegal immigration. It's funny because they condemn the US for it
    We don't condemn you for enforcing your laws. We do sometimes poke fun at you when your proposed laws are silly (ex. banning everyone from randomly selected countries), or your planned enforcement strategy is to build a giant mirror along your border.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Funny how the Canadians seemed to not have this stance, when Europe was invaded by millions of illegal economic immigrants

Does this mean Justin Trudeau is a racist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Or worse... a Nazi?!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Absolutely.

What does Tennisace think about his racist PM?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Funny how the Canadians seemed to not have this stance, when Europe was invaded by millions of illegal economic immigrants
    Oh you think? Or did you just rely on that poor excuse of a PM's words?

Former US Somali refugee in Canada.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-08-22 at 06:12 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Yeah, i am pretty sure the international community shits on us for this exact thing, but Canada doing it is totally fine

Let's see if he appreciates what Europe's been experiencing for a good few years now. I hope for Canada's sake their politicians aren't as hilariously inept as many ruling west European politicians that refuse to enforce their policies and stop signaling to the world's poor that Europe is heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I have simplify for Mexican illegals trying to get into the U.S. Because of how crappy Mexico is I can't say I feel the same way for people trying to get into Canada from the U.S. As the U.S. Isn't at all comparable to Mexico.
    You seem to be missing the point of what his statement was.......

"Canada is an opening and welcoming society, but let me be clear. We are also a country of laws," Trudeau said in remarks after a meeting in Montreal with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar.

"Entering Canada irregularly is not an advantage," the prime minister doubled down. "There are rigorous immigration and customs rules that will be followed. Make no mistake."

It isn't about where you come from its about respecting the laws, regardless of where you come from if you are in Canada (or the US, cough cough) illegally you are a criminal. You are not respecting the laws and your should have no protection to keep you in the country, immigration enforcement should be able to show up and just show you out. No trial, just the door.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    You seem to be missing the point of what his statement was.......

It isn't about where you come from its about respecting the laws, regardless of where you come from if you are in Canada (or the US, cough cough) illegally you are a criminal. You are not respecting the laws and your should have no protection to keep you in the country, immigration enforcement should be able to show up and just show you out. No trial, just the door.
    I wasn't really talking about his statement with that post more so how I feel about it.

But where you come from has 100% to do with his statement crossing the boarder illegally to claim refugie status has been a thing for the longest time look at people fleeing cube. The problem is the U.S. Isn't a war torn country or being ruled by a dictator like Cuba was which is why no one coming in from the U.S. Has a leg to stand on when it comes to crossing and claiming to be a refugee.