LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lets see what happens at Gamescon first

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Lets see what happens at Gamescon first
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Historically Blizzard has always announced the end of a PvP season 2 weeks prior to a patch dropping and gave the precise date 1 week prior. This time the end of S4 was announced two weeks ago but a precise has not been given today. The end of S1 was also announced 3 weeks before it actually ended but a date was given at the end of the 2nd week. Right now it's already too late to give a date this week so the earliest we could get 7.3 is the 5th of September. There's no release candidate on the PTR either.
    But Blizz themselves said, that pvp seasons in Legion are no longer tied to patches.
    Aug29th is still possible.

Here we go again with the "haha, nerd"
    its not about being a nerd, we all are nerds... No way you play wow and you are not a nerd. Though you need to realise that life != wow

ITT people forgetting patch 7.2 release date was announced only 5 days before it's release

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So when everyone is back at university/college etc...?

Is this because of that stupid Destiny beta? I never understood why they're helping those guys out. They're competing for WoW's customers, do blizzard really want to abandon this game that much? First it was Titan, now they're hoping it'll be Destiny 2.

That said I think we'll get the release date at the reveal ceremony later today. Expecting August 30 release date.

Deleted
    already 1 time on legion we have only the ending soon pvp with not a specific date
    already 1 time s3, pvp starts on patch day.

so who knows and 7.2.5 was rc on ptr days before patch not weeks

Meh, would've been nice had it been on the 29th, but I'd rather they put it out when they're ready rather than rushing in order to satisfy the people playing the game in the same way that a fat kid eats a cake.

It's just a pain when Blizzard keeps holding out on us. No one wants a major content patch when it's September and everyone has to go back to work / school.

The only reason they are delaying the end of the season and the release of 7.3 is because they want it to be this "big" thing they'll announce at Gamescon. At this point Blizzard cares more about their PR stunts than customer satisfaction.
    Kek.

Speak for yourself, not all of us. I'm perfectly fine with a patch in September. Work and school is a part of people's days for the majority of the year and it seems to have worked for 13 years.

And newsflash: PR "stunts" are always kind of a big deal for any company. Saying Blizzard cares more about it than actually having people wanting to pay for and thus play the games they put out, is retarded, plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Is this because of that stupid Destiny beta? I never understood why they're helping those guys out. They're competing for WoW's customers, do blizzard really want to abandon this game that much? First it was Titan, now they're hoping it'll be Destiny 2.

That said I think we'll get the release date at the reveal ceremony later today. Expecting August 39 release date.
    ... I'd take this post as a joke, but knowing the history of the poster...

Yeah, they're totally hoping that a game which they have no involvment in, will steal their players so that they can abandon a 13 year old game that pulls a billion dollars per year and has 2 more expansions planned that we know of.

Yup, totally logical, no idiocy involved in that reasoning...

10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny 2 PC Open Beta begins with Preorder Access on August 28th & than August 29th - August 31st is Open Beta.

So even though next week is 77 days since 7.2.5, 7.3 could likely be the week after cause having 7.3 & Destiny 2 on the same day is just asking for trouble for Battle Net servers being very congested & maybe even DDOS sadly.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2017-08-23 at 02:30 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I thought the rule was no new patch after labor day? Or was that something else perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    ITT people forgetting patch 7.2 release date was announced only 5 days before it's release
    This.

Also, it seems sort of useless to make a thread about this, as we'll have the true answer in literally hours.

We'll know after blizz's presentation at gamescom, but it wouldn't be too unbelievable that they break normal practice in order to save the release date announcement specifically for gamescom. I mean, they announced release dates on their developer Q&A's before, but this would be the first time that they would be announcing a patch via something that is completely out of their control regarding date and time, so honestly anything could happen.

Think about it this way, if 7.3 is on 8/29/17 then they'll only be a day late on their 1 week end of PvP season precise date announcement and popping a release candidate on the PTR would spoil the whole surprise of the announcement at gamescom, so they could easily have not marked it as a release candidate in order to avoid that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did do a blue post on the 8th of August here, but no date when it's ending.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...4-ending-soon/

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Destiny 2 PC Open Beta begins with Preorder Access on August 28th & than August 29th - August 31st is Open Beta.

So even though next week is 77 days since 7.2.5, 7.3 could likely be the week after cause having 7.3 & Destiny 2 on the same day is just asking for trouble for Battle Net servers being very congested & maybe even DDOS sadly.
    why would they hold back 7.3 for a beta release date? I could understand if the game itself was coming out, but no way they're gonna hold back a patch for a beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I created a thread myself.

They ALWAYS been doing a 4-5 week warning. First 2-3 weeks is "hey guys, season is over soon". After 2 weeks, "hey guys, the season is over the Xth" = new patch.
    This is just plain wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    If you are going on summer vacations and all you can think is patch 7.3 of wow, then you have a serious issue and you should look it up.
    People have more time during summer vacation. Doesn't mean wow is the ONLY thing people will do is play wow just means they have more time to do so....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Is this because of that stupid Destiny beta? I never understood why they're helping those guys out. They're competing for WoW's customers
    they are the same company, at least for the shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    People generally seem to think it'll be out in September. Blizzard have kept to their 77 day content cycle throughout Legion, I haven't heard many people suggest 7.3 would come out next week. I hope they release it in three weeks.
    Next week is the 77th day you're talking about, and majority is saying it's coming out on the 29th, not September.

Deleted
    it will be announced today at gamescon at 18:00 cest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    exactly this. this is when the pvp season end was told too. not one week

The ONLY indication that you could say it's not coming next week is that it's not in a release candidate in PTR.

But everything else points at it coming next week. 77 days, season notice, a week before Destiny 2 release (wouldn't do it after). It just makes sense