Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    what? nothing would be deleted or restricted? lol quit making shit up
    I like how you ration your bullshit double standard out OH NO it's not censorship because of unpopular speech.

The only one making up shit is you
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well NO, not especially, since the problem isn't with them eating or consuming meat, as much as it is with the fact these specific animals were rescued by the fire fighters and turned around and made into lunch.

It is what it is, but I am not going to pretend it isn't a dick move because it is, and obviously I am not the only one that agrees, because someone ran a story about it so.
    It doesn't matter. The pigs presumably were bread and being raised for the purpose of tasty pork and pig meats. What does it mater if a firefighter rescued it when it was a piglet? The good news is that the fire fighters potentially saved the owner of the pigs livelihood because they probably needed the revenue from selling the pig / butchering the pig when it grew to size, and they thanked the fire fighters with delicious food instead of money.

Because this is a story and it is a story exactly not because of saving the piggy's it is a story because they are proud of receiving them as gifts after they wasted tax payers time money and effort.
    No they fucking didn't, seriously are you high or intoxicated?

They responded to a friken genuine call about a BARN on fire. Idk where you're from but usually a barn implies a house being nearby. They didn't go to 'save the piglets' they went to extinguish a fire that could of spread and was a potential danger to everyone in the friken immediate vicinity, the surrounding area if it bloody spread.

My parents are self employed and make preservatives for a living, if they had a fire in the storage shed and the fire fighters put out said fire and as a result saved the strawberry jam stock, then my folks gave them farm house pickle which needed maturing for a few months as a thank you, would you still consider that a waste of tax payers money?

I can't believe you just typed that pile of shit. I can't even fathom how that even came into your brain in the first place

I like how you ration your bullshit double standard out OH NO it's not censorship because of unpopular speech.

The only one making up shit is you
    dude, you are just saying random things now. nothing would be censored in the scenario i provided. its not censorship because its just a number of upvotes or downvotes, not deleting, editing, or stopping your post in any way. nice try though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What, exactly, is your issue, here?

The firefighters saved the farmer's property when there was a fire. That property included the piglets. Doing so is literally their job.
    The piglets were always going to be raised and slaughtered.
    The farmer continued to raise them, and slaughtered them as was planned. And gave the sausages to the firefighters as thanks. Which he'd promised to do back when they rescued him. This was the farmer's way of thanking the firefighters.
    The news picked it up because this particular journalist is a fan of clickbait; check their other articles.

So what is your problem, that the firefighters did their job?
    That animals are raised for slaughter?
    That people eat meat?
    That the farmer was thankful and donated to the firefighters?
    That this one journalist is a bit of an ass?
    For once, i can completely agree with Endus. Well said sir.

I don't know why people are getting upset. Do we even know what the firefighters are thinking about it? It seems too many people have some inherent need to be offended on others behalf. Maybe we should wait for their side of the story before condemning the farmer for using his livestock as he sees fit.

Unless I missed it, nothing was mentioned about the firefighters on how they view this.

10+ Year Old Account
    It reeks of trollish post count obsession. I have a hard time believing anyone can be so obtuse and disconnected with reality on accident or by nature. So much desperation in the attack and subsequent self defense that it has to be fake.

Anyway, good for the firefighters. It may have taken a while, but at least they got some appreciation for saving that product. It probably only amounts to 1/4 of one pig, but it's all about the gesture. Hopefully it keeps them strong so they can save and eat more product in the future, when they're not busy saving people and other businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I don't know why people are getting upset.
    It's not people. It's person. And he, clearly, has some sort of backwards agenda to push, but it's so stupid that he can't articulate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No they fucking didn't, seriously are you high or intoxicated?

They responded to a friken genuine call about a BARN on fire. Idk where you're from but usually a barn implies a house being nearby. They didn't go to 'save the piglets' they went to extinguish a fire that could of spread and was a potential danger to everyone in the friken immediate vicinity, the surrounding area if it bloody spread.

My parents are self employed and make preservatives for a living, if they had a fire in the storage shed and the fire fighters put out said fire and as a result saved the strawberry jam stock, then my folks gave them farm house pickle which needed maturing for a few months as a thank you, would you still consider that a waste of tax payers money?

I can't believe you just typed that pile of shit. I can't even fathom how that even came into your brain in the first place
    This is bloody exactly what i was saying in my post above haha. Well said. I'm in shock as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, pigs raised to be slaughtered for their meat, are turned into sausages, which are given to the firefighters, as a reward.

Is there something I'm missing, here? I don't understand why this is news worthy. The pigs will die, no matter what. Either to the fire, or on someones plate. Would it have been more acceptable if the sausages went to a local supermarket, instead?
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-08-23 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Unless I missed it, nothing was mentioned about the firefighters on how they view this.
    The fire fighters were very grateful for the gift and said how tasty the sausages were

The delighted firefighters said the sausages were "highly recommended" and thanked the farmer "for her generosity".

"We can tell no porkies, the sausages were fantastic," a spokesman said on Tuesday.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-41012135

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is bloody exactly what i was saying in my post above haha. Well said. I'm in shock as well.
    I'm still banging my head against the desk after reading that stupidity.

Deleted
    humans... can't get much more macabre than this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    uuurm.. dunno how i'd feel about that. Sure pigs get made into sausages regardless if they get saved or not, but I dunno if I'd want to know the sausages I'm eating are the piglets I saved half a year before.

That said.. can you imagine this as a childrens book.
    Basically my views too.

I mean, if they enjoyed it, good for them...but I think I would feel extremely sick trying to think of how I saved them and now they're food in front of me.

I don't eat pork anymore since pigs are just as capable (or more so) than dogs when it comes to intelligence and emotional capacity. But, swearing and/or yelling at pork eaters probably isn't going to change their minds.

It would be better to just keep reminding them that the animal they're eating can have the intelligence of a three year old human and is more capable than many other animals that they would never eat like cats, dogs, chimps, dolphins etc...

Getting people to stop eating intelligent animals like pigs won't happen overnight or by trying to shame them. Just keep working on getting them to see pigs the way they do dogs.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2017-08-23 at 08:44 PM.

This post makes me hungry, that was a nice thing that farmer did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well NO, not especially, since the problem isn't with them eating or consuming meat, as much as it is with the fact these specific animals were rescued by the fire fighters and turned around and made into lunch.

It is what it is, but I am not going to pretend it isn't a dick move because it is, and obviously I am not the only one that agrees, because someone ran a story about it so.
    What if we substitute the words piglets and sausages with carrots? Is that acceptable? Food is food, the piglets were being raised for food, they were gonna be sausages either way so why does it matter who eats them?

10+ Year Old Account
    What, exactly, is your issue, here?
    None, I just think the firefighters are dicks. I think posing for this story and receiving meet from a group of piglets is pretty fucked up.

The firefighters saved the farmer's property when there was a fire. That property included the piglets. Doing so is literally their job.
    Right Endus you saved my life man, I think you might be that special one, I would like to offer my body to you

No.. Probably not, is there any favor I can do for you, like decorate my body in a tattoo?

No Not every gift should be offered or accepted for you doing your job.

The piglets were always going to be raised and slaughtered.
    Yeah well I wouldn't be getting married to anybody unless you saved my life. Yeah I get it, I am not having a problem with the process per say of how pork products are produced.

The farmer continued to raise them, and slaughtered them as was planned. And gave the sausages to the firefighters as thanks.
    I understand that life goes on he is a pig farmer great. That has Zero to do with my position on the firefighters or this story.

Which he'd promised to do back when they rescued him.
    I thank firefighters too but donating to their causes like charities such as for better equipment or fund raised for some that are injured.

This was the farmer's way of thanking the firefighters.
    No problem he did what he does and he could do, fantastic, I have no problem with him or what he does per say as it relates to this

The news picked it up because this particular journalist is a fan of clickbait; check their other articles.
    Yeah I was just participating, to it being brought here and the fact it's a story nothing more nothing less.

So what is your problem, that the firefighters did their job?
    Nope.
    That animals are raised for slaughter?
    No on that too.
    That people eat meat?
    No and I also eat meat and bacon

That the farmer was thankful and donated to the firefighters?
    What he was thankful with yes, and what they accepted, Yes

That this one journalist is a bit of an ass?
    Yes, now that you brought it up, good point.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

As a Firefighter, I would be very glad to have this happen. Fires at Hog Confinement's are a huge fucking mess and are a huge loss to the owner, the fact that they were able to save them is great, the fact that the owners were grateful enough to give them the fruits of their labors later on is sweet.

The owner of the farm, and the person who gave the fire fighters the sausage, told them what would happen to the piglets when the rescue happened.

The intent was always there to turn the pigs into sausages and the owner even told the firefighters that they would get the sausages (at the time of the rescue, as inferred by the article) and the firefighters were HAPPY about the outcome, especially after they tried them.

No one was being a dick here so I'm not understanding why this was a "dick move."

10+ Year Old Account
    None, I just think the firefighters are dicks. I think posing for this story and receiving meet from a group of piglets is pretty fucked up.
    Which? Posing for a news story about them (good PR)?
    Or eating pork?

This is why you're catching flak. You're targeting the firefighters, who had the gall to A> be appreciative of a gift given to them in thanks, and B> ate some pork sausages.

So your issue is one of those two points.