Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if people would care if it was puppy's saved then eaten later as pigs are as smart as dogs.

@Mall Security I wouldn't be able to eat animals I bonded with, either. Although the firefighters likely weren't around them enough to develop a strong bond.

Not knowing details about the situation, I bet not all of them were enthusiastic about the gift as claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I wonder if people would care if it was puppy's saved then eaten later as pigs are as smart as dogs.
    If puppies were a common source of food in the West and said puppies were being raised as a source of food, then no i don't think people would care.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    i, for one, would not have eaten those piglets. period.
    and no, i'm not vegan or vegetarian.

That was a nice gesture.

Pigs are actually more intelligent than dogs, and piglets playing act just like puppies. It is one of the reasons I keep going back to vegetarianism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    What if we substitute the words piglets and sausages with carrots?
    I am not being facetious but it matters for context.

I guess that would depend on how they viewed the carrots if they were Vegans and felt Carrots were alive and accepted certain accolates for saving carrots as opposed to the farmers barn or couch.

Is that acceptable?
    This isn't about what is acceptable I am not saying punish the firefighters, I am just saying it's dickish to be proud of something I am sure they are smart enough to see for the tactless new story it is.

Food is food
    True which is a big reason my critique is not about that.

The piglets were being raised for food, they were gonna be sausages either way so why does it matter who eats them?
    It wouldn't so why isn't this story about the Fire Chiefs throwing a BBQ minus the part about having saved the main course month earlier.

COME ON MAN
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    If puppies were a common source of food in the West and said puppies were being raised as a source of food, then no i don't think people would care.
    What does being raised as food have to do with any thing that doesn't change the fact that there smarter then dogs.

They were always going to be sausages. I get sausages from a farm regularly, they lead good happy lives and then they are turned into sausages, bacon, gamon, pork.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

What does being raised as food have to do with any thing that doesn't change the fact that there smarter then dogs.
    he is saying he does not care if they are as smart or smarter then dogs. If dogs and pigs switched places in american society, it would be fine to eat dogs. I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    @Mall Security I wouldn't be able to eat animals I bonded with, either. Although the firefighters likely weren't around them enough to develop a strong bond.

Not knowing details about the situation, I bet not all of them were enthusiastic about the gift as claimed.
    Ok maybe I'll take it back then ot possible all the firefighters aren't dicks. You made some good points. But yeah I am not condemning them for eating food. or at all over all, but dude eat your bacon have your BBQ, it really is not needed to know that this meal comes from their efforts to save these specific animals.

It's silly, and my guess is that more than anything peeks the interest value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    None, I just think the firefighters are dicks. I think posing for this story and receiving meet from a group of piglets is pretty fucked up.

Right Endus you saved my life man, I think you might be that special one, I would like to offer my body to you

No.. Probably not, is there any favor I can do for you, like decorate my body in a tattoo?

No Not every gift should be offered or accepted for you doing your job.

Yeah well I wouldn't be getting married to anybody unless you saved my life. Yeah I get it, I am not having a problem with the process per say of how pork products are produced.

I understand that life goes on he is a pig farmer great. That has Zero to do with my position on the firefighters or this story.

I thank firefighters too but donating to their causes like charities such as for better equipment or fund raised for some that are injured.

No problem he did what he does and he could do, fantastic, I have no problem with him or what he does per say as it relates to this

Yeah I was just participating, to it being brought here and the fact it's a story nothing more nothing less.

Nope.
    No on that too.
    No and I also eat meat and bacon

What he was thankful with yes, and what they accepted, Yes

Yes, now that you brought it up, good point.
    Man, are you one of those guys who gives the kids during halloween, pennies instead of candy? Maybe toothbrushes?

Also, why do you take issue with the firefighters receiving a gift of appreciation for doing a job that requires risk of life? Its human nature to be thankful after you or your property was just saved. Would you have been okay if the gift was money? or a gift basket filled with cheese and beef jerky?

Lets rephrase that title:

Fire Fighters save part of a farmers goods, part of it is given to them as a reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not being facetious but it matters for context.

I guess that would depend on how they viewed the carrots if they were Vegans and felt Carrots were alive and accepted certain accolates for saving carrots as opposed to the farmers barn or couch.

This isn't about what is acceptable I am not saying punish the firefighters, I am just saying it's dickish to be proud of something I am sure they are smart enough to see for the tactless new story it is.

True which is a big reason my critique is not about that.

It wouldn't so why isn't this story about the Fire Chiefs throwing a BBQ minus the part about having saved the main course month earlier.

COME ON MAN
    What if the sausages were from another batch of piglets not saved by the firefighters, but still owned by the pig farmer? Would you have issue with it then?

Deleted
    It is what it is, but I am not going to pretend it isn't a dick move because it is, and obviously I am not the only one that agrees, because someone ran a story about it so.
    tbh, i wasnt sure if should have laughed or be a little concerned.

so i laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    i, for one, would not have eaten those piglets. period.
    and no, i'm not vegan or vegetarian.
    That's a fair choice to make but doesn't make the firemen dicks because they chose to eat the sausages.

As The Oblivion said, it doesn't matter to me that pigs are more intelligent than dogs. That is also not very relevant to this news story. We eat pigs, they were pigs and not dogs. They were bred to be eaten. People were outraged that these pigs were eaten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which? Posing for a news story about them (good PR)?
    I don't see it as being good PR. But fuck me right.

Or eating pork?
    No I eat pork too, I mean I never named it or tried to save it's life and was recognized for it, doesn't strike you odd in anyway huh

This is why you're catching flak. You're targeting the firefighters, who had the gall to A> be appreciative of a gift given to them in thanks, and B> ate some pork sausages.

So your issue is one of those two points.
    Well I am targeting the firefighters not for appreciating a gift, I am pointing out the problems with their actions on this news piece and the fact going to what you said I am responding to in quotes, the over all (PR).

I mean if they saved an Apple Orchard do you think if the Owner gifted them tasty apples it would read Apples rescued given back to firefighters to make desert?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What if the sausages were from another batch of piglets not saved by the firefighters, but still owned by the pig farmer? Would you have issue with it then?
    LMFAO if they were another batch of piglets this wouldn't be a story that is my point.

or

Decisions, decisions.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I once helped a Friend free one of his Cow's Calves which got tangled in a barbed Wire fence. A year later the Cow was turned into Beef Jerky, that we ate.

Saving a creature from an uncomfortable untimely death in a Barn fire does not suddenly make the animal unable to be consumed later in life.

@Mall Security I think one of the reasons this story gained traction was because the fire fighters received criticism from offended people (like yourself, apparently) and were obliged to take down their appreciative message / picture from Facebook.