Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Should be the townspeople choice what to do with it, thou they might wanna move to a museum cause I can just see some "sjw" from out of town coming to trash it now that's it's been in the paper
    Possibly, yeah. Especially since it seems to be the edgy thing to do right now to destroy historic monuments etc.

Those are actually british private company swastikas from way before ww2. They had a research about the ship a couple years back when they found them, if i remember correctly that sideway swastika was actually a symbol of good luck.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-08-24 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Those are actually british private company swastikas from way before ww2. They had a research about the ship a couple years back when they found them, if i remember correctly that sideway swastika was actually a symbol of good luck.
    Aye... I love how people are ignoring the simple fact it's from a ship that predates WW2/Nazism... or the fact it's flat instead of diagonal, which is the warped Nazi swastika...

"These women were all Nazis...!" -- Moron

(1922, British Colombian hockey team)

Ignorance is bliss.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-24 at 01:31 AM.

It belongs in a museum!!!!! /Indiana Jones

I mean I knew that people were eager to have some "made in Germany" on their products, I guess it works for "made in nazi-germany" as well, I just never imagined the brand-recognition was that strong . Jokes aside, while the historical significance is there..it's also kinda strange why they display a random anchor as well, if the article is be believed about it's origin. Either way, the eagerness to destroy historical artifects atm is kind of disturbing, these fuck-wits have pretty much fallen to the same level of ISIS in educational department..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-08-24 at 05:17 AM.

I'm pretty sure some Americans believe this is enough to grant an invasion of Canada. They clearly need more Freedom(TM)
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

There are swastikas at the town square of where I live, too, perhaps I should take a picture.

Its not even the hitler version of a swastika. Where is the problem?

Hint: one of these is not like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    I'm pretty sure some Americans believe this is enough to grant an invasion of Canada. They clearly need more Freedom(TM)
    Nah, just Quebec. They need to learn what being free means.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Nah, just Quebec. They need to learn what being free means.
    The government has yet to order to remove that ancient British trade ship swastika from the park, sounds pretty free to me.

The government has yet to order to remove that ancient British trade ship swastika from the park, sounds pretty free to me.
    I meant the american brand of freedom.

EDIT: Actually, make that Team America's brand of freedom.

I meant the american brand of freedom.

EDIT: Actually, make that Team America's brand of freedom.
    Dunno their freedom comes with cities with murder rates higher then that entire province lol. Not sure people would want such "freedom"

Dunno their freedom comes with cities with murder rates higher then that entire province lol. Not sure people would want such "freedom"
    It also comes with a smug sense of superiority at no extra charge. You should try it, its great.

To avoid confusion, the mayor of Pointe-des-Cascades says the town will put up a plaque that better explains the context of the anchor.
    this seems like the ideal solution. it's foolish to try to remove the symbol from history just because it was adopted by nazis for a comparatively short period

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    People need to stop trying to erase the past.
    My thoughts exactly. Preserving history, and what 'we', as local, national, and/or international communities have learned about it, does not equate into promoting hate from the past.

A "piece of history", huh? Nazism is also a piece of history, and I see everyone under the sun rightfully eradicate every sign of it.
    actually Nazism is displayed in many war museums and history books along with full explanations of what it was, what it stood for, who stood against it and so on
    there is absolutely nothing wrong with displaying a complete Nazi uniform, flag, etc if is very clearly not an endorsement of nazism. people even dress up as nazis without being neo-nazis or supporting nazism in any way, shape or form. they're called actors. practically every WWII era movie has them

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    actually Nazism is displayed in many war museums and history books along with full explanations of what it was, what it stood for, who stood against it and so on
    there is absolutely nothing wrong with displaying a complete Nazi uniform, flag, etc if is very clearly not an endorsement of nazism. people even dress up as nazis without being neo-nazis or supporting nazism in any way, shape or form. they're called actors. practically every WWII era movie has them
    Then those museums/actors support nazism. Plan and simple.

apologies, I read the post and not the name, even when I quoted it

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I still don't know ehy thr nazi sigil is a scary thing. It's a fucking symbol, it doesn't bite.
    It's not scary at all when it's not being celebrated. That's why this is so ridiculous. It's a historical installation of a prize of war. It's not celebrating slavery or naziism or anything like that.

The guy in the article is a well-meaning (if I'm generous) moron (if I'm honest). He deserves a fine and if he persists, some jail time.

Hurry up and delete history!!

I am pretty sick of being called a slave owner, by people who never been slaves.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.