Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I highly doubt the enemy team being "under-skilled" had anything to do with it, being it's a pub battleground and everything. What's more likely is that you obtained the achievements years ago when you could still outgear an enemy team, and you happened to have a team that outgeared enough of the enemy players.

The Perfect Storm is the easiest of the three to get, though, for the reason you describe. It's the only one of the three battlegrounds that has a secondary objective (a flag), so enemies will split from bases to try fighting at the flag. At any rate, while you explained how the achievement is possible to get, you didn't really do a good job of explaining why it's not a bad achievement.
    "under-skilled" is a very broad word...there are millions (not literally) of things that could be encompassed by it. when i use "under-skilled", im talking about:

1. the other team has no healers
    2. the other team have no communication and are just KB road warriors
    3. a few of the other team quits/AFKs after first big fight or losing all their bases
    4. the other team doesnt have any of the heavy hitter classes that sway a team fight in your favor i.e. warriors, spriest, DHs...all the specs that usually top scoreboards
    5. etc.....

my point being that all of the above stated "under-skilled" pre-requisites can still exist today and that getting BG perfection achievements are all about taking advantage of an opportunity when it arises (which won't be often) and not assuming the achievement will be handed to you on a silver platter.
    Last edited by Omaski; 2017-09-01 at 07:42 PM.

So you essentially agree that the achievement isn't practical unless random-chance prerequisites are met, therefore proving that the achievement is one you really only happen to receive under the right circumstances; instead of an achievement you actually work towards earning somehow.

Thanks!

So you essentially agree that the achievement isn't practical unless random-chance prerequisites are met, therefore proving that the achievement is one you really only happen to receive under the right circumstances; instead of an achievement you actually work towards earning somehow.

Thanks!
    isnt that how most of the bg achievements are? Blizz cant make all achievements a "just spam till you eventually get the award" achievement...that takes away from the effort, altho they do have those types of bg achievements. the "win 100 bgs" achievement can be earned eventually by just spamming then AFK'ing, the kill "X" amount of people at a particular location achievement will be awarded eventually...those are the EZ ones, now comes the harder ones, "cap/defend 2 points in one bg" can only be gotten under certain circumstances and even when you almost got it the bg ends and you have to start over...that just how it works, so dont complain because you missed it.
    "if at first you dont succeed, try try again"

I am not talking about achievements that are "just spam till you eventually get the reward", I'm talking about stuff like the "cap/defend 2 points in one BG" achievements. Those are achievements that are far better designed and much more proactive. You are rewarded on personal merit and how you handle a personal situation, instead of hoping your team and the enemy team basically allow you to get an achievement or not (such as in the case of the perfection achievements).

There are some hand-me-out achievements, like "win 100 battlegrounds in xx battleground", but those are something you sort of work for (I like how your personal advice on getting a 100 wins achievement is to literally queue for a BG and then AFK in it). Those are fine, too. What's not fine is when an achievement is poorly designed and outdated and involves no amount of personal skill, such as the Perfection achievements. Which is why we're having this discussion.

Deleted
    I have all of the achievements I complained about, actually. Nice try, though.

You've made zero real arguments since you've started posting in this thread. Every single post (I re-read the thread just to double check) has been you throwing insults and accusations at people (primarily me, being that I started the thread and all) and insinuating the achievements are perfectly fine and that anyone complaining about them is just whining. Meanwhile, you've provided no real points, facts or even suggestions towards what makes the achievements fine. You're basically spamming. If this wasn't MMOChampion, I might even think you were trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt the enemy team being "under-skilled" had anything to do with it, being it's a pub battleground and everything. What's more likely is that you obtained the achievements years ago when you could still outgear an enemy team, and you happened to have a team that outgeared enough of the enemy players.

The Perfect Storm is the easiest of the three to get, though, for the reason you describe. It's the only one of the three battlegrounds that has a secondary objective (a flag), so enemies will split from bases to try fighting at the flag. At any rate, while you explained how the achievement is possible to get, you didn't really do a good job of explaining why it's not a bad achievement.
    You are easily offended.

There are no real arguments to be made.

Achievements are fine, simply because they are still doable throughout both lvling and endgame, so there is nothing to suggest, so I only stated the obvious, that you are whining. Furthermore, there is nothing to suggest here, this is not the official forums, so I am merely stating my opinion, which was beautifully summarized in a previous post by Ellmist, however you still cant get it in your head:

These achievements are about either luck and repetition, or taking advantage of certain opportunities and situations, and there are times when you can contribute to that by yourself and and help make it happen.

"Sometimes, the hand of fate must be forced".

And talking about badly designed achievements, the achievement system is full of these. The perfection achievements are far better than other achievements.

So ye, I appreciate that out there, there are ppl with the BM title that there were times that they saw the opportunity and grabbed it. Taking advantage of opportunities and situations, is skill.

Pugging and getting carried in order to do Curve achievements is better? I think not.

Perfection achievements are perfectly fine and they should stay that way so that they cant be acquired by ppl simply because they were over-geared/over-skilled/carried by 2400/ done with groups with perfect comps. (Which, although bad by design, seems to be totally acceptable by you, however you cant dig the factor of luck)

I am not talking about achievements that are "just spam till you eventually get the reward", I'm talking about stuff like the "cap/defend 2 points in one BG" achievements. Those are achievements that are far better designed and much more proactive. You are rewarded on personal merit and how you handle a personal situation, instead of hoping your team and the enemy team basically allow you to get an achievement or not (such as in the case of the perfection achievements).

There are some hand-me-out achievements, like "win 100 battlegrounds in xx battleground", but those are something you sort of work for (I like how your personal advice on getting a 100 wins achievement is to literally queue for a BG and then AFK in it). Those are fine, too. What's not fine is when an achievement is poorly designed and outdated and involves no amount of personal skill, such as the Perfection achievements. Which is why we're having this discussion.
    you misunderstand, i didnt offer AFK'ing as personal advice for getting an achievement, i was just showing how EZ it is to get those particular achievements. i understand all too well why you think the perfection achievements are poorly designed for the game, as we know it today, there are some achievements still in the game that i dont think anyone will ever get now, like the "win AV in 6 mins" but that doesnt mean it should be taken out of the game, BG perfection Achievements are still attainable now because all of the prerequisites needed to achieve them still exist, albeit prolly even less often than it has been years ago. so again i say...you have to realize that bg perfection achievements are about seeing an opportunity and taking advantage of it, it will not be handed to you. i would even bet that once you see an opportunity, if you lets your team know that an opportunity for a, hard-to-get- achievement, is up for grabs...some may even decide to help. ive gotten several of my bg perfection achievements like that.

No one says they should be removed from the game, but they shouldn't be attached to the meta achievements that offer rewards. They're too poorly designed and it's not fun to have an achievement in the game that you only get to have when/if the opportunity presents itself. Stuff like that is left for fringe achievements like finding the Time Lost Proto-Drake or as a Feat of Strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voodoohoodoo View Post
    You are easily offended.
    I am not offended at all, your posts just suck.

These achievements are about either luck and repetition, or taking advantage of certain opportunities and situations, and there are times when you can contribute to that by yourself and and help make it happen.
    These are all fluff arguments, just like everything else you've said. You're just stating things, things like "you can get the achievements when the opportunity is there", yet aside from "when you see the opportunity, tell your team to help out", you've never once refuted that the achievements aren't stupid or badly designed, you're just insisting they're sometimes possible, which no one speaking out against them has ever suggested. I, and others, do not have issues with the achievements because we consider them impossible, we just think they're bad achievements.

And talking about badly designed achievements, the achievement system is full of these. The perfection achievements are far better than other achievements.
    So now your argument becomes "yeah well maybe they're bad achievements, but guess what there are WORSE achievements!!!". Just letting you know that this isn't a good argument. I'm aware there are achievements that are even more poorly designed, or more outdated, than the Perfection achievements. That does not validate the Perfection achievements, however.

Perfection achievements are perfectly fine and they should stay that way so that they cant be acquired by ppl simply because they were over-geared/over-skilled/carried by 2400/ done with groups with perfect comps. (Which, although bad by design, seems to be totally acceptable by you, however you cant dig the factor of luck)
    I'm not sure you've been reading my posts entirely, although at the same time I'm almost totally sure you haven't been reading my posts entirely; but I don't know why you're insinuating I thought the past methods of obtaining the achievements were alright. It was never okay that the achievements were primarily obtainable by over-gearing an enemy team, or queuing into Arathi Basin as a full 12-15 pre-made. It's not okay that I obtained all of the achievements because of a bug or enemy bots/players being AFK.

The fact of the matter is, the achievements have always been fucking stupid.

I have them all (except bfg) and haven't been pvping since mop.
    Obviously they should be removed from the meta, as the only ways to get them is because the game bugs (I got all of them because no enemy player joined, happened quite often during night time then) or because you cheat (wintrading). There is no way to get them legitimately.