Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jack of Blades

Handsome Jack

Deleted
    Definitly Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic 2!

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Kefka, the sadistic villain that won.

That GIF is missing something for the true Kefka experience...

THERE we go, much better.

That laugh is ever etched in my brain. I love that psycho clown who actually DESTROYED EVERYTHING.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Definitly Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic 2!

See, Kreia rates high, but for me loses points because of how sanctimonious she is and how much of a mouthpiece Avellone made of her. It's common with the characters he writes, but nowhere is his writer's pet effect on display more than with Kreia, whom the player can basically never disagree with without sounding stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post

Delita, Final Fantasy Tactics
    He's not the antagonist, you say?
    Oh but he is. That's the clever part of the game. He's the mastermind that ensures you cannot have a happy ending, all in the name of vengeance. He will fuck over anyone to get that, and you are no exception. And for that I will always love him as a character. His machinations made this game. I was secretly rooting for him towards the end, and the final scene where he pays for it is even better.
    To me Delita is more of an antihero than a villain to be honest. He didn't kill anyone for cold blood for nothing he did it for the good of the world and the country. His methods are indeed questionable for sure because he is driven by revenge specially against the nobles he is still holding grudge against them because of being common born and not from the nobles like Ramza or Zalbag. After the ending scene it says that he ruled Ivalice justly and was praise by the people of Ivalice overall (with the exception of the people he used and their relatives of course).

The definition of anti hero to me is the one who has the same goals as the hero (the greater good for the world or whatever) but his methods are not white knight noble and sometimes very questionable methods to reach that same noble goal.

I favour antagonists - especially if tragic - over outright villains, so here's some of my favourites:

Gabranth from FFXII

Rufus Shinra from FFVII

Priestess Selene from Grandia II

Yotsuyu from FFXIV

Regula van Hydrus from FFXIV

Sydney from Vagrant Story