Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Yep, Bubsy the Bobcat is back in The Woolies Strike Back

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accolade-...ke-back-ps4-pc

Accolade, a publisher that operated from 1985 to 2000, has returned in 2017 with the announcement of Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back for PlayStation 4 and PC, the first new Bubsy game since Bubsy 3D for the original PlayStation in 1997.

Due out this fall, Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back is a new adventure developed by Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams studio Black Forest Games. It features Bubsy in “a bevy of exotic locations” as he travels the planet in search of the “beloved Golden Fleece.” Bubsy will use all of his classic moves in addition to new ones to “dodge and out-bobcat a battalion of Woolies, sharks, and bees, not to mention the gnarliest UFO to ever grace a Bubsy adventure.” Over 100 new one-liners have been added to his lexicon as well.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accolade-...7EJ65Op8Sff.99

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...... thats happening.

And yet Kingdom Hearts is still years off it seems.

Why is this world so cruel, what have we done to deserve this.

Although maybe it should be given the benefit of the doubt, at least they didn't try to hype it up for years like some big thing, maybe it will be alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And yet Kingdom Hearts is still years off it seems.

Why is this world so cruel, what have we done to deserve this.

Although maybe it should be given the benefit of the doubt, at least they didn't try to hype it up for years like some big thing, maybe it will be alright.
    Every time that Square talks about a game that isn't Kingdom Hearts 3, I die inside just a little bit.

.........but why?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    .........but why?
    I second this sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

That is exactly the kind of low effort bullshit I expect to see in a Bubsy title.

7+ Year Old Account
    What could possibly go wrong other than my sanity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww Bubsy? I remember playing the game when I was a kid. I also remember it being quite terrible.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Immediately thought back to this Video and the horrors of Bubsy 3D.

But hey.

What could possibly go wrong..?

I have to admit this makes my inner 9 year old squee just a bit. I know Bubsy wasn't that great, but I enjoyed the character as a kid and did a number of sketches of him back then, etc. I'll probably give it a shake for nostalgia sake. (Granted I only played the first one, so I can't comment on what they may have done with the franchise afterwards.)

10+ Year Old Account
    this is like doing a sequel to superman 64.....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every day we stray further from God.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, to be fair, this game looks really good, compared to the others. No blind jumps because the camera zooms in on your nosehairs. Might be a decent classic 2D platformer. And the Bubsy games were famous for having non-linear levels, if I remember correctly. Could be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord, they are scraping the bottom of the nostalgia barrel now, aren't they?

My first thought: is that insane furry on tumblr KYM made popular who wrote a long webcomic series about bubsy being a heroin addicted transvestite hooker going CwC tier nuclear over this? because that alone is a precious gift resulting from this.

Second thought is can Bubsy beat Woolie faster than Daigo did?

I mean...

Cool?

I'm not sure why the company is acting like Mario went away and was coming back. All the Bubsy games are awful. I hope this one is good, for their sake, but the marketing for this already is hilariously tone deaf.

Also wtf we get a new Bubsy game before fucking Kingdom Hearts 3 finishes? Square Enix, stop sucking on that FF7 remake nostalgia schween and get your shit together.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am currently in the time line of nier 2, persona 5 kh3 and fucking bubsy. I still call it a win.

I wonder what a timeline with bk3, versus 13, dmc 5, skies of arcadia 2 and twewy 2 would be like.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-06-10 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets just all hope its the same quality as Bubsy 3D.
    10/10, best game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Good lord, they are scraping the bottom of the nostalgia barrel now, aren't they?
    No one has nostalgia for this.