Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why are street demonstrations so popular in the US?

They accomplish absolutely nothing and often only makes the cause even more hated by the public.
    Peeps have been butt hurt for seven months.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why are street demonstrations so popular in the US?

They accomplish absolutely nothing and often only makes the cause even more hated by the public.
    It is American tradition to be loud and annoy other Americans to make a point. How dare you insult our heritage! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Akari Theron View Post

Video showing that the driver did stop for several seconds.
    Also showing where the dude intentionally jumped on the hood when the car was barely moving.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Also showing where the dude intentionally jumped on the hood when the car was barely moving.
    Hey look there was a turn the car could have taken right where the ambulance went where everyone was like there was no turn there.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Her only 'crime' was that she attempted to 'stab' a police officer.
    "The suspect flourished a knife and slashed at the officers, slicing one officer on the arm," O'Toole said at a news conference.
    The story contradicts your, obviously, biased view of this story.

Also the car didn't RAM. They honked and attempted to get by, then just decided to go through anyone still in the way. Or so I have heard. I am not saying that is the right thing to do. But this isn't like the Virginia attack where a guy purposely drove through a group of people with intent to kill. As much as you want to make them the same to push your agenda... they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Hey look there was a turn the car could have taken right where the ambulance went where everyone was like there was no turn there.
    Your argument fails to matter when the idiotmob surrounded his car and started beating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Finally someone with a sane, and scientific, approach on this. I know it is a sensitive topic, but that doesn't mean that we can suddenly deny scientific fact - nor that we, in an attempt to avoid stigmatizing people with disorders (which is a good thing, naturally) go so far that we more or less start to praise disorders as "daring to be different", or go full on escapism-mode. We've already had a thread full of people more or less self-diagnosed with some form of autism or aspergers, seriously believing that it would somehow constitute a strength of theirs and not a rather serious neurodevelopmental disorder, and I can't count the people that in all earnestness seem to believe that gender dysphoria comes down to nothing other than simply "being born in the wrong body", end explanation. Not everyone needs a degree in medicine or biology, obviously, but come on. Really, now?
    Not sure about the US, but in Germany noone get's a name change, not to mention hormone replacement therapy or reassignment surgeries, with a self diagnosis. You have to go to a therapist for a certain amount of time, then you have to apply for a name and sex change by court, who then order at least two different, and independet experts, to examine, if that condition does apply. And then you get your name change, change in passport and can apply for hormone therapy. For reassignment therapy you have to undergo more therapy, and a certain number of months of hormone treatment, before such a surgery can be considered. It passes quite some time, still any physical stuff is done.

But... considering, what I know about the medical costs in the USA, and the rather spare possibilities for therapy, I would guess, there are next to no of such obstacles in the US, opening risks of misdiagnosis?

Quote Originally Posted by Akari Theron View Post

Video showing that the driver did stop for several seconds.
    Fuckin assholes.

holy shit what is this even about

im from europe and even i know american police will shoot you on sight if they percieve a slightest threat

even holding a knife in your hand with police present is suicide by cop

its that persons own fault, her having mental illness has nothing to do with getting shot

Your argument fails to matter when the idiotmob surrounded his car and started beating it.
    The driver ignored a turn he could have made to drive straight through a protest like an idiot. He had options he chose instead of turning down the first turn with no people he wanted to turn at the second one with a bunch of people in the street.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Fuckin assholes.

Pay attention to 30 seconds. There was an easy way for him to avoid the people.

Allowing a mob to accost a driver and then arresting the driver for being insufficiently deferential to said mob is about as good an example of anarcho-tyranny as can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Not sure about the US, but in Germany noone get's a name change, not to mention hormone replacement therapy or reassignment surgeries, with a self diagnosis. You have to go to a therapist for a certain amount of time, then you have to apply for a name and sex change by court, who then order at least two different, and independet experts, to examine, if that condition does apply. And then you get your name change, change in passport and can apply for hormone therapy. For reassignment therapy you have to undergo more therapy, and a certain number of months of hormone treatment, before such a surgery can be considered. It passes quite some time, still any physical stuff is done.

But... considering, what I know about the medical costs in the USA, and the rather spare possibilities for therapy, I would guess, there are next to no of such obstacles in the US, opening risks of misdiagnosis?
    I'm not American, I'm afraid, and I was only refering to autism and aspergers when talking about self-diagnosed - of course you would need a lot of contact with clinicians before being able to get medical treatments for gender dysphoria, over lengthy periods of time, not to mention a solid diagnosis. Absolutely so. And I'm not denying that hormone replacement therapy or gender reassignment surgery usually alleviates the condition for the patients, certainly not - but neither do they tend to be the end-all treatment, these patients often retain a lot of problems afterwards. Sadly. I know for a fact that it can even make things decidedly worse, I'm personally familiar (friend of a colleague) with a case that ultimately ended in suicide after having spiraled out of control after having gone through gender reassignment surgery, but I'm not well versed enough with the statistics to make any claim in regards to how common, or rather uncommon, similar outcomes are. My point there was more along the lines of there not being any easy answers or solutions, despite people seemingly thinking (read: wishing) there are.

The driver ignored a turn he could have made to drive straight through a protest like an idiot. He had options he chose instead of turning down the first turn with no people he wanted to turn at the second one with a bunch of people in the street.

- - - Updated - - -

Pay attention to 30 seconds. There was an easy way for him to avoid the people.
    THey weren't in the road when he was back there. In the other video you hear "TO THE STREETS! BLOCK HIM!" and they mob out there. Stop being blind and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Allowing a mob to accost a driver and then arresting the driver for being insufficiently deferential to said mob is about as good an example of anarcho-tyranny as can be found.
    What the fuck is wrong with this country.

based on that video, no way a charge against him should stick in court, hope he fights it! The only thing that will hurt his case / result in a minor charge would be flipping off the cop and not stopping for police, and the later could be fought via not feeling safe to stop depending on state/city laws around that.

stupid fucking protestors.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by VincentX View Post
    Oh look, another thread for the transphobes to display their hateful bigotry!

Seriously, if an officers needs lethal force to stop someone with a knife, something is deeply wrong with their training. There are other ways of dealing with the situation than killing a person. Police officers are supposed to react with proportional force, not overwhelming lethal intent. Any civilian defending against a knife by using a gun and killing the other would get sued into the ground and end up with doing time. The fact that it's a police officer, who are supposed to be trained to deal with this kind of situation, makes it even worse.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of you bloodthirsty people celebrating a person's death.
    If someone is trying to kill you with a knife proportional force would be lethal force... Also perhaps it is different wherever you live but a civilian defending against a knife with a gun would be called self defense in most if not all of the US. There would be no jail time or a lawsuit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't refuse to serve black people on the basis that they're black. You can't refuse to serve gay people on the basis that they're gay.
    Then you can't remove a website on the basis that you believe it's hateful.
    You can't prevent someone from paying bills online because they contribute to X group online.

The Internet is now a part of everyday life. I'm all for more regulation including the removal of anonymity, but you can't have it both ways. Google and other such tech companies honestly need to be broken up under anti-trust law before we come to a point where information is controlled because X person feels it's not useful.

Edit: All the driver of the car needs to say in Court is that he feels he was fearing for his life, (which unless you were a jurist on the OJ Simpson Trial, you'd agree is a reasonable statement) and stopping was a excessive risk to his person and well-being. Boom. Case dismissed because of the Vehicle Code of Missouri's mitigating factors subsection. Any reasonable person knows that those thugs would of beat him to death with those fine Baseball Bats that say "F--k Nazis" or worse.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2017-08-25 at 04:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If someone tries to stab you then killing them is justified.

Obviously you "could" take measures to avoid that, but I don't personally have much sympathy for anyone who so boldly endangers another person.

Sorry, but after Reginald Denny, I'd rather run people over than chance them yanking me out of my car and beating me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Then you can't remove a website on the basis that you believe it's hateful.
    You can't prevent someone from paying bills online because they contribute to X group online.

The Internet is now a part of everyday life. I'm all for more regulation including the removal of anonymity, but you can't have it both ways. Google and other such tech companies honestly need to be broken up under anti-trust law before we come to a point where information is controlled because X person feels it's not useful.

Edit: All the driver of the car needs to say in Court is that he feels he was fearing for his life, (which unless you were a jurist on the OJ Simpson Trial, you'd agree is a reasonable statement) and stopping was a excessive risk to his person and well-being. Boom. Case dismissed because of the Vehicle Code of Missouri's mitigating factors subsection. Any reasonable person knows that those thugs would of beat him to death with those fine Baseball Bats that say "F--k Nazis" or worse.
    Free speech is protected. hate is also a learned trait and go daddy doesn't have to host a website calling for mass murder if they don't want to. You're conflating free speech with... I don't know what the fuck, you're just a very confused person.

Do you think being in fear of your life of a situation you cause protects you in court? Hint it doesn't. There was a clear turn at 30 seconds however he chose to antagonize and go through the crowd.