Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Legendary-System drastically failed...?

Hi,

play my rogue since start of Legion and still haven't got my BiS Legendaries. Done a couple of m+ with my crew and raided every content (normal, hc, mythic). I am kind of a casual player these days but honestly, it's so depressing seeing those other players getting all of their stuff just because they play 6h per day and do things like daily HC or LFR.

The bad luck protection should attach more importance on the date the character reaches 110 and the current date. Now, I see no point on farm and grind these stupid Legendaries since I could get 4-5, when I only need just two of them. My guys say: "You wont get those Legendaries if you don't play." And they are right ofc, but this just cant be the way.
    Even if I would get these items tomorrow, nearly every other rogue or mage or whatever got their BiS months ago and enjoy the competition with other players (dps, logs, m+) since then. And my experience in Legion is: always chasing somebody who is far ahead from me because of the items I might get someday...or..well...never, because I will quit before that day.
    This xpac is very enjoyable for people who got their BiS Legendaries - for everyone else it feels like I didn't really have started yet. And it's a whole year by now...
    My whole m+ crew got all their Legendaries by now and I am missing ~4 with every spec. How much do I need to play besides my gf, job, sport to even compete with that?...

Don't know my current played exactly...should be around 40 days on 110.

Amount of Mythic 2+ Dungeons completed in time: 228
    Amount of Mythic 5+ Dungeons completed in time: 205
    Amount of Mythic 10+ Dungeons completed in time: 136
    Amount of Mythic 15+ Dungeons completed in time: 44

EN: 99 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)
    ToV: 11 total kills (normal, hc)
    NH: 181 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)
    ToS: 77 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)

What is your experience with Legendaries and their droprates?

Greetz

10+ Year Old Account
    People will come in here and call you bad still for not having all of the legiondaries, lol.

I'm at around the same played time on my monk and only have 7 for WW (don't care about the other spec ones as I have no use for them) ones, my one buddy only has 7 on his DH with about 20 more days played time.

Its pretty silly tbh but I really don't care as I have all of the good ones anyway.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Its pretty silly tbh but I really don't care as I have all of the good ones anyway.
    a lot of the players these days will see it the exact same way...

you don't really get legendaries by playing either. The whole system is flawed.

I am playing with 4 irl friends. So we are 5 total. We do everything together. Raiding. Dungeons and m+ pushing. We never play alone and without eachother in group content

Since my last legendary. it took me 2 months to get the next. Doing lfr, all the raids on heroic, ToS Normal and heroic. All the mythics weekly, a tonne of m+ and all the emmissary bags. Ontop of that i did a shitload of legionfall recompense farming. The 2 months it took me to get my last legendary (not my last one) one of my friends got 4 legendaries. He got all bm legendaries. All the shared ones and almost all mm legendaries. I got all the shared and 2 Assassin legendaries and thats it. We have played the same amount of time. So yeah. The system sucks, but nothing we can do about it.

I've got all 13 legendaries for my Arcane Mage.... 57 days played @ 110.
    I'm a normal level raider, only tip my toes into Heroic towards the end.

To be honest - they've been dropping way too often. Now I have a bag just to store all my legos

So yeah - it is broken. Should be way smaller drop rater, but a way to burn a couple to get a specific one.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It was a success in getting everyone on the grind unlike the past two expansions that had about a quarter of the population completing it of which was largely organized raiders who was not the main target as the intent was to target cyclical players who would of otherwise quit after burning through short grind content.

On the other hand the system is more of a pain for new players, alts, and those who want to swap specs over time cyclical players can still get a bunch legendaries of which dont mater in terms of being able to access and do content. There was not even story content behind them for story driven players to care. So in that regard the system in my opinion has still failed as a subscription retention mechanism. The next expansion will really tell though how the system did on the devs side.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-08-25 at 08:43 AM.

The system was great. Motivated me to do content. Since I have all for my class there is no reason for anything besides mythic raiding now

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The system was great. Motivated me to do content. Since I have all for my class there is no reason for anything besides mythic raiding now
    well, this seems to be the other side of the coin...wish I will see it someday. Since any other of my raidmembers enjoy the game since months and I am just here...watching them getting their loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    It was a success in getting everyone on the grind unlike the past two expansions that had about a quarter of the population completing it of which was largely organized raiders who was not the main target as the intent was to target cyclical players who would of otherwise quit after burning through short grind content.

On the other hand the system is more of a pain for new players, alts, and those who want to swap specs over time cyclical players can still get a bunch legendaries of which dont mater in terms of being able to access and do content. There was not even story content behind them for story driven players to care. So in that regard the system in my opinion has still failed as a subscription retention mechanism. The next expansion will really tell though how the system did on the devs side.
    Well the Paladin have Maraad's Dying Breath which was a little... hit in the feels considering he died on AU Draenor but you know.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagrot View Post
    well, this seems to be the other side of the coin...wish I will see it someday. Since any other of my raidmembers enjoy the game since months and I am just here...watching them getting their loot.
    I suggest you stop making your enjoyment of the game contingent on getting those legendaries. It's a glass half full/half empty thing. You choose whether to be happy about getting the legendaries you get, or miserable about the ones you haven't got.

Also it seems to me that you likely spend a lot less time playing the game than your fellow raidmembers, so it should be expected that you won't have as many legendaries as them. Fixating on the legendaries you don't have is just silly. Focus on just playing the game the way you want to play it and be thankful that your raid buddies let you do so and aren't demanding that you put in the same level of effort as the rest of them.

Deleted
    Of course the Legendary system is broken, most of us agree on that. I still need the MM belt and gloves on my hunter, I have every other legendary in the game. Meaning I can forget about parsing above 95 on DI, Harj, Mistress, Avatar and possibly KJ once I see that one on Mythic. Also in M+ the belt is just stupidly good.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly broken for those with many casual alts / specs.

I rather work towards a currency or rep bar then some silly invisible bad luck bar, only to get the "worst" legendary afterwards.

On the other hand, people who 90% play 1 character, and clear multiple raid difficulties and EN/ToV/NH or lots of M+ as well still probably have them all.

---

Of course people will come in here "but I raid normal/heroic on my alts" well that's great for you.

I still think bad luck protection should also have stacked up from just WQ a little bit and not only emmisary.

And if they go with it next expansion make it VISIBLE progress.... the hidden part irks me the most.

Now I know for my playstyle I don't need them all, and next expansion they likely loose their power at 111 or 120 anyway, doesn't mean I like the system.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-25 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Meaning you didn't find the "content" fun. Chores are bullshit, expend on 5 man content bringing more modes and whatnot, thats what I call content...not some ffing daily quests.

I really dont like the leggos in legion, because they are an unnecesary addition to the gearing in Legion.
    They don't feel like legendaries at all imo, and i would even rather the cloak from Pandaria because at least the questline was meaningfull and great.

That being said, i played approximetly same as you in Legion OP, and i have all my Ret leggos and a few of Prot and Holy lying in the bank.

Madness will consume you!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Arena/LFR ruins legendary system.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're about a year late with this revelation. Or 18 months if you had the alpha/beta

Quote Originally Posted by Dagrot View Post
    Hi,

play my rogue since start of Legion and still haven't got my BiS Legendaries. Done a couple of m+ with my crew and raided every content (normal, hc, mythic). I am kind of a casual player these days but honestly, it's so depressing seeing those other players getting all of their stuff just because they play 6h per day and do things like daily HC or LFR.

The bad luck protection should attach more importance on the date the character reaches 110 and the current date. Now, I see no point on farm and grind these stupid Legendaries since I could get 4-5, when I only need just two of them. My guys say: "You wont get those Legendaries if you don't play." And they are right ofc, but this just cant be the way.
    Even if I would get these items tomorrow, nearly every other rogue or mage or whatever got their BiS months ago and enjoy the competition with other players (dps, logs, m+) since then. And my experience in Legion is: always chasing somebody who is far ahead from me because of the items I might get someday...or..well...never, because I will quit before that day.
    This xpac is very enjoyable for people who got their BiS Legendaries - for everyone else it feels like I didn't really have started yet. And it's a whole year by now...
    My whole m+ crew got all their Legendaries by now and I am missing ~4 with every spec. How much do I need to play besides my gf, job, sport to even compete with that?...

Don't know my current played exactly...should be around 40 days on 110.

Amount of Mythic 2+ Dungeons completed in time: 228
    Amount of Mythic 5+ Dungeons completed in time: 205
    Amount of Mythic 10+ Dungeons completed in time: 136
    Amount of Mythic 15+ Dungeons completed in time: 44

EN: 99 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)
    ToV: 11 total kills (normal, hc)
    NH: 181 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)
    ToS: 77 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)

What is your experience with Legendaries and their droprates?

Greetz
    if anything its dramatic succes - every hour dozens of old raids EN/NH groups are forming to farm them

they are biggest succes of legion together with titanforging in blizzard eyes becasue they amanged to do what previous expansion failed make old content not outdated

The Legion legendary system forces you to keep doing all sorts of content, which is good for the people who make the game

It is bad for the players in general because they have to keep grining in order to get their BIS stuff.

Problem with legion is too many things have been ported over from Diablo 3, without keeping in mind that what works for an action RPG may not work for an MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of player fun/frustation it's definitely been a failure, but in terms of player engagement? Huge success.

Fuck this system, I wanted to play more when they weren't around, I would pug current content on alts very often but now I have no desire to go through the grind to re-earn the 10-12 main spec legendaries for whatever alt I play.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

I hate the legendary system for the same reason I hated it in Diablo 3: Huge boosts in power, items that heavily change how a class plays, should not be RNG.

That and, it's highly frustrating grinding and grinding and grinding for weeks, only to get a garbage legendary that you only equip because it has high ilvl / stats. Or just goes straight into the bank because you're already wearing 2.

I wouldn't say the system "failed", but it is heavily flawed, all to keep us playing as long as possible.