Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    casual players should be getting close to all legendaries for their mainspec by now if they didn't swap specs and raid a little here and there.

not having all your legendaries for all your specs is still normal even for hardcore players.

the system sucked really bad early in legion but now when you can get a legendary every 2-3 weeks if you put in some effort i think it's fine. Still they should have added a way to target a legendary earlier and better.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-08-25 at 12:56 PM.

"I have horrible RNG, so the system fails and blizzard is at fault"

Do we really need a daily thread for this?

I myself enjoy Most (except Nighthold & Trial of Valor) content in Legion, I have enough alts that I play, and the 1-2 legendaries I have on each are a nice perk, yet funnily enough without them my characters aren't suddenly unplayable

Room for improvement sure but I wouldn't call it a drastic failure either.

I get around 1 legendary per month and I think bad luck protection works fine. I'm playing Frost Mage 100% of the time and now have every Frost and Mage legendary. I'm rarely raiding and only average one mythic+ per week.

The system is bad, really bad and people told Blizzard even in the alpha that this will be bad... They didn't listen and here we are.
    The Legion legendary system is, by far the worst idea Blizzard ever had.

yep and i'm in the boat that this and 2 much other stuff killed my enjoyment, i just don't have time to keep up so its almost like why bother trying. So many things i want to do but just now time. I clear HC content while its current and that's about it. I played WoD more than legion just b.c. i felt i had time to do what i wanted to do.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    System is OK for people who played from the beginning. That doesn't mean that system is good overall. System was bad for first 3 raids. System is bad for newcomers. System is bad for alts. Overall it's a bad system.

I wouldn't say fail but there are easy ways to fix the problems the system does have. It's funny though. Everyone says they want classic back for certain reasons and this is essentially as classic as it gets. Hopefully there is another nether disruptor like feature for 7.3 but either way the system blows for alts and is inconsequential for mains.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

i think they should have just made the legendaries utility and not dps legendaries

That was the worst system I've ever seen in the game. I hope we won't see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagrot View Post
    Hi,

play my rogue since start of Legion and still haven't got my BiS Legendaries. [...]

EN: 99 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)
    ToV: 11 total kills (normal, hc)
    NH: 181 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)
    ToS: 77 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)

What is your experience with Legendaries and their droprates?

Greetz
    Thats not a lot of kills if you have actually played since the start of legion. I rerolled in early April to improve my guilds class setup and my kills are at 273 for EN, 120 ToV, 500 NH, 184 ToS.
    In that timespan I even "had to" switch specs, but I have pretty much alle the legendaries for both specs. So it really boils down to the question if you really want/need your BiS legendaries (either for your ego or for your guilds progress) and are willing to work for them or if you just rely on RNGesus.

Quote Originally Posted by SwagOn View Post
    Thats not a lot of kills [...].
    tell that my gf

But I know...and the /played time isn't that high either. But nevertheless I play my rogue since beta through every xpac and was able to compete with other players in terms of damage and usefulness. This is the first time in over 12 years that I can't achieve that, with the time I got for playing. I would need to farm everyday and finish every world quest to compete with other rogues damage in raids and this is just fckn bulls***.
    When I raid progress and play 4 hours straight without killing a single boss or doing a single quest, the current system / bad luck protection is doing nothing for me - legendarywise this time is just wasted. And when I only have this time to play the game and maybe doing 2-3 m+ per week, I have no chance to get any legendaries. As I said...the bad luck protection should consider the time between the current date and the date the character reached 110, to give players like me a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    I really dont like the leggos in legion, because they are an unnecesary addition to the gearing in Legion.
    They don't feel like legendaries at all imo, and i would even rather the cloak from Pandaria because at least the questline was meaningfull and great.

That being said, i played approximetly same as you in Legion OP, and i have all my Ret leggos and a few of Prot and Holy lying in the bank.
    Picking up items off the raid bosses you were already killing was meaningful and great?

Thats not a lot of kills if you have actually played since the start of legion. I rerolled in early April to improve my guilds class setup and my kills are at 273 for EN, 120 ToV, 500 NH, 184 ToS.
    In that timespan I even "had to" switch specs, but I have pretty much alle the legendaries for both specs. So it really boils down to the question if you really want/need your BiS legendaries (either for your ego or for your guilds progress) and are willing to work for them or if you just rely on RNGesus.
    100% agree you can farm 1 leggo each week OP is just way to lazy

Deleted
    Not all of us sits around all play just playing wow, if you have that many kills in under 5 months you have to much time to play.

Deleted
    I am the only one who notice some kind of cliche in Mmo-Champion during Legion:

1) If we are waiting a patch, "Give us content patch" threads shows up;
    2) When we are close to that patch "New expansion leak" threads shows up;
    3) When patch hit live, "Legendary system sucks" thread shows up;

Quote Originally Posted by FarseerJesper View Post
    Not all of us sits around all play just playing wow, if you have that many kills in under 5 months you have to much time to play.
    Stop talking shit it takes 4-6 hours to clear all Raids you can do it literally on one day.

My warrior has all but 1 for arms/fury played since day 1. I decided I wanted to reroll bear tank and fuck me this system sucks. May just switch to warrior tank :/ I really hope when 7.3.5 cones out they drastically increase leggo drop rates

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Picking up items off the raid bosses you were already killing was meaningful and great?
    So why do any quest..? Right?

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    So why do any quest..? Right?
    There are well done and meaningful quests in the game.
    The cape quest was a joke.