View Poll Results: $5 Million dollars in USD 10's and 20's falls out of the back of a bank truck.

Voters
101. This poll is closed
  • I would phone up the police or drive it to the bank immediately

46 45.54%
  • I would take it home and fuck the bank

47 46.53%
  • I would leave it there I am sure they will be back

2 1.98%
  • Other (Comment below)

6 5.94%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Considering you would be in massive trouble keeping it, I'd turn it in...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Considering you would be in massive trouble keeping it, I'd turn it in...
    If you can get it into your home discreetly, then there is no issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there's no way for them to find out who took 5 million dollars? Horseshit. Return it. You get life in prison if you take all of it.

id take that cash at use it for food and no one would ever know
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd know. and also, the myriad ways of tracking what happened and when(cameras. fucking. everywhere.) and of course you can't bank it, and most places where that level of cash would be spent frown upon "briefcase full of cash" as a payment method.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Because there's no way for them to find out who took 5 million dollars? Horseshit. Return it. You get life in prison if you take all of it.
    Life in prison? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take it, keep a few stacks and give the rest back to the police. Assuming no consequences I would keep it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Take it home, inform the police you found a substantial amount of money. If someone comes forward to claim it, providing proof, then you're obligated to return it. Otherwise, typically given a length of time, which would vary from place to place, the money would be yours to keep.

If it's a hypothetical where really

nobody would know
    Yea I'd keep it. However since I'm not that much into laundry, I'd just keep it well behind a wall or something and start paying rent cash, and using it to buy everything I need for everyday use cash. No huge bling, no huge cars... but essentially free food, free rent, restaurant every day, free gas...

and then I'd use my work money for as much luxury as possible.

Those bills are most likely accounted and the serial number checked

So good luck trying to spend it unless you want a visit from a federal agent!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I don't know maybe, but that isn't the point, they wont find it from Dye Packs or tracking the serial numbers on denominations of U.S currency of 10's and 20's. So why not answer the question as it is posed and answer if you simply would or would regardless to what legalities you make up?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    $5 million dollars (USD) falls out of the back of a bank truck in notes of 10's and 20's you were taking a short cut through the park and obviously they were too, it's been a little bit and your car is 2 minutes away, you could take this cash and nobody would know, what do you do?
    Here's the modern and realistic version of this scenario.

You have 5 million dollars of mortgage-backed securities. You know are complete trash, but they are rated triple A by the ratings agency. An investor offers to buy them from you. Do you do sell them to get them off your books?

If there is one thing Jason Bateman taught me, that amount of money would be a PITA to wash or risky to spend.

I'd give it back to the bank/police and hope that they can give a generous reward for doing so.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I mean... I guess you could just hide it all under your bed and use it to pay for expenses. Never visit an ATM again. As long as you don't throw it all in your bank accounts and don't report it on your taxes, you should avoid getting caught, right?

If not, you could just splatter some ketchup onto a blank canvas and claim you sold that for $5 million as an inspired piece of modern art. That's probably how a lot of money laundering is done these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    Here's the modern and realistic version of this scenario.

You have 5 million dollars of mortgage-backed securities. You know are complete trash, but they are rated triple A by the ratings agency. An investor offers to buy them from you. Do you do sell them to get them off your books?
    Hahaha ok thanks I love this thank you beautifully put.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I'd take it, fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Hahaha ok thanks I love this thank you beautifully put.
    You might like this too. Newcomb's Paradox. It adds more of a twist to the question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcomb%27s_paradox

And Parfit's hitchiker - https://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Parfit's_hitchhiker
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2017-08-27 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not educated enough on how to whitewash the money so I'd report it, if I knew how to I'd keep it though.

OK lets say those bills are untraceable and this question is a ethical question where i knew i would not be caught.

Well if i knew i would not be caught then FUCK YEAH i would keep it after all the banks has reamed me so many times on overdrafts and i believe you only get 1 life in this world so why not.

Deleted
    Assuming there are no cameras nearby and money isn't in special bags, sure. Otherwise would just pass by.

But its not a realistic situation at all. There are always cameras nearby or people with phone cameras and cash is very rarely used these days.