Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's actually pretty easy to figure out. The Horde has been in lousy shape since the end of MoP. The Alliance was clearly WAY stronger than them at that point.

Now, fast forward to Legion and both sides got curb stomped at the Shore. They lost many of their best fighters, many temporarily, others for good. Then they decided to be idiots in Stormheim and fight each other. At this point, the Alliance is just more capable of military action. (though they can't be doing that great either)

Also, one could argue that the Light is just a more integral, core ideal in the Alliance and they are just naturally more likely to be involved in a story about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time is just a circle.

Funny that so many of you kids dont realize that blizzard is incapable of telling a two sided story. Every expansion is focused on one side or the other and the other side complains like little bitches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    Time is just a circle.

Funny that so many of you kids dont realize that blizzard is incapable of telling a two sided story. Every expansion is focused on one side or the other and the other side complains like little bitches.
    Pretty disagree with this.

In TBC, WotlK, Cata, MoP and WoD was not one side.
    Because in those exp packs both sides had different storylines and quests interact with there own NPCs instead of neutral NPCs like Khadgaaarerrrdahh.

And for those that say WoD was clearly Horde based, we never had a raid or dungeon killing Alliance characters.
    If they wanted to make WoD Horde base then we would had corrupt Draenei and us teaming up with the Orcs killing them then i would agree.
    Instead we had Orc killing sprees going on 24/7, not that fun as a Horde player i can tell you that.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-08-27 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    It's actually pretty easy to figure out. The Horde has been in lousy shape since the end of MoP. The Alliance was clearly WAY stronger than them at that point.

Now, fast forward to Legion and both sides got curb stomped at the Shore. They lost many of their best fighters, many temporarily, others for good. Then they decided to be idiots in Stormheim and fight each other. At this point, the Alliance is just more capable of military action. (though they can't be doing that great either)

Also, one could argue that the Light is just a more integral, core ideal in the Alliance and they are just naturally more likely to be involved in a story about it.
    This part is wrong. Neither Varian nor Anduin actually gave the ok to Genn to start another war and suddenly bomb the crap out of Sylvannas her fleet.
    If anything he deserves to be put in jail for that.

The Horde disappeared on January 2007 when BEs were added to the faction

And took the death blow on August 2016 when a new hero class was exclusive to BEs

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    This part is wrong. Neither Varian nor Anduin actually gave the ok to Genn to start another war and suddenly bomb the crap out of Sylvannas her fleet.
    If anything he deserves to be put in jail for that.
    I never said a word about who started it. Once they did get started, both sides went all out to kill each other. The point was that they lost more forces that neither could afford to lose. (especially the Horde)

Besides, as far as Genn was concerned, the Horde started it when they abandoned the Alliance to die on the Broken Shore. (what Genn and the Alliance thought at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah, they are.

No.
    How is it NOT? The plot revolves around investigating the death of an alliance character, the odd workings of an alliance spy organization, and ultimately saving the leader of said organization and removing the demon whispering into the ear of Anduin. Garona being there is not enough 'horde focus' to make it neutral.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I'm really struggling to figure out why my Horde character is even there most of the time. Many of the class hall storylines are heavily Alliance centered. And now with the new patch coming, the Horde is helping the Army of the Light, but apparently none of the horde faction leaders thought it was worth showing up for a battle on Argus?

Apparently the Horde was wiped out at the end of MoP and I wasn't told.

Considering the theory that the next expansion will center around Kul Tiras, I figure it's probably time to leave the Horde, since it lore-wise consists of 1000 guys leftover from the Siege of Orgrimmar lying in the infirmary.
    I sense a hate for the Horde In the force.

Also good question, where are they?

Sylvanas has had the same appearance time as Vol'jin, basically zero. Vol'jin appeared once or twice In the entirity of WoD just to remind us "I be da Warchief mon" and then proceeds to die In Legion. And now Sylvanas showed up for Stormheim and that's about It. So will she die next expansion too and we'll just get a new warchief each time? Cause sure looks like It.

Still dunno why Saurfang hasn't Mak'gora'd her ass, as he's the de factor Orc Leader now with the highest rank among all the orcs. Horde seems minimal Involved, so does the Alliance. It just so happens most of the order hall members are members of a race that primarily belong to the Alliance. Means nothing for their Alliance loyalty, I'd hope. Still leaves In question the Silver Hand's loyalty really, If the Argent Crusade were to still remain neutral they couldn't -really- Integrate back Into the Silver Hand. But If they do, I hope they march Into the Priest Order hall, slap Calia Menethil around like "Hey, you're our future queen, remember?" and she'd be like "Oh yeah..." and march onto the Undercity.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah and the Rogue questline also involves Garona. And you could also say the questline focusses on Stormwind being infiltrated and ultimately being harmed and attacked, so is that pro-Alliance really or anti-Alliance? I guess people are gonna pick whatever suits their arguments.
    Based on this logic SoO and WoD weren't Horde focused at all because we spent most of our time killing Orcs.

Anyway, this is just an example of Blizzard swinging the pendulum too far into the other direction. Cata was clearly Horde favored, it continued a bit into MoP, WoD was fairly equal as far as I'm concerned (the Draenei got a lot of lore, and killing Orcs doesn't = Horde content) and Legion is so grossly Alliance favored it makes Cata look equal. We couldn't have Baine get off his fat hairy ass and finally do something in Highmountain because that would hurt Alliance feelings, but we certainly can have Val'sharah be all about us helping Night Elves and being led around and lectured by the most insufferable Night Elf of them all. Or dealing with ghost Night Elves again and again. Or having the only Horde specific content be all about Sylvanas being her usual bitchy self, with not even a mention of her being Warchief since apparently the position doesn't even matter at this point.

I'm fine with 7.3 being heavily Draenei focused, it's Argus after all, but was it really necessary to make the patch's poster people yet more Alliance heroes with basically nothing Horde in sight? Not even an Orc representative like Saurfang, as payback for the years of slavery to the Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    The Horde feels like it is in shambles, it's true.
    Maybe this is how Alliance felt during Cata.
    It was, It feels good to see our characters fleshed out. Anduin getting developed was what I loved the most, It's nice to see a good character arc in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Besides the thousands of rank and file soldiers who have lost friends and loved ones to the other side and won't pass up and opportunity to attack the other side if they thought they could get away with it. They probably even think they'll be rewarded by their leaders for a victory. Like I said in my last post the faction leaders who have more or less learned to cooperate they cannot be everywhere.

Back in Wrath the Alliance were attacking the Scourge in Icecrown. An orc commander sees this, and sends his forces in to slaughter the Alliance from behind because he wants to. Garrosh chews him out on this, not because he disapproved of Alliance being killed, but because he was still clinging to honor at the time and considered an ambush from behind dishonorable. The rank of file of both sides are filled with people like him. One side will attack the other, who will now feel justified in attacking back, and the first side will now have martyrs to rally to the banner of.

IIRC the battlegrounds in canon are areas where conflicts like these have sparked up. And even if the faction leaders are aware of these events, they probably realize that telling their side to quit it will only last until the next time a rock is thrown.
    That's a pretty thin reason when you have literal demons falling from the sky right outside the capital cities. Sure, rank and file soldiers probably hold onto their hate for the other side. But WoW isn't about the rank and file soldiers. It's about our characters and the faction leaders. We're the order hall leaders. We have influence, and if ANYONE out of all the characters in all of WoW's history know better, it's us.

Blizzard won't ever do it, though, because they'd lose money from paid faction swaps. Go ahead and keep on telling yourself it's for lore reasons though. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ditch the 2 faction game mechanic is the same thing to remove the game mechanic of pokemons from a pokemon game, remove all the jump of prince of persia, the killing monsters of god of war etc

its WARcraft, we have war against each other, we want to win the war, win territories, win resources, thats the thing who make warcraft different from other games, apart from the normal history, we have this faction conflict, with ideals, point of views, lore, characters etc.
    What? WOW hasn't been about fighting the other side for a loooooooong time now. Did you miss the part where I pointed out how every single expansion is about fighting some 3rd, outside threat? It wasn't until MoP that there was really a Horde vs Alliance theme, and even THAT ended up being Horde + Ally vs Garry in the end. Gimme a break. Stop thinking what you WANT WoW to be and take a step back and look at what it actually is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Horde will come back in next expansion.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

What? WOW hasn't been about fighting the other side for a loooooooong time now. Did you miss the part where I pointed out how every single expansion is about fighting some 3rd, outside threat? It wasn't until MoP that there was really a Horde vs Alliance theme, and even THAT ended up being Horde + Ally vs Garry in the end. Gimme a break. Stop thinking what you WANT WoW to be and take a step back and look at what it actually is.
    I agree. I really think Blizzard wasted a chance to move the story smartly after MoP ending. It was perfectly setup for the horde to be absorbed into the Alliance and the following expansions could have fleshed out the dissidence and after a couple of expansions make it once again boil over to a conflict. Right now the conflict seems heavily heavy handed and at times it simply does not make much sense.

Shouldn't this be in the lore thread? Class specific stuff has dominated this expansion as we all work together against the legion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh, and Vol'jin died in battle, thats hardly dying like a wuss.
    He survived the battle, but was poisoned by a weapon. He dies sitting in the throne room with his faction leaders gathered, as he's just getting more and more pale. Passing leadership to Sylvannas, then dying immediately after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Not like alliance, they atleast let Guldan kill their warcheif then they run after the show
    To be fair, being killed off by Gul'Dan after saying "For the Alliance" was a lot more impressive than... stabbed by random nameless demon with a spear and then die in a mud-hut and give leadership to a racial-leader that no other racial-leader much likes!

Plus, I'm still annoyed at the whole "VICTORY OR DEATH!" the orcs usually do. This proves they are just liars. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    To be fair, being killed off by Gul'Dan after saying "For the Alliance" was a lot more impressive than... stabbed by random nameless demon with a spear and then die in a mud-hut and give leadership to a racial-leader that no other racial-leader much likes!

Plus, I'm still annoyed at the whole "VICTORY OR DEATH!" the orcs usually do. This proves they are just liars. :<
    2 expacs in a row they retreated at the beginning battle, only to come back to claim victory in the campaign war.

It doesn't mean "victory in every single battle or we fight to the last man." And so they are not lying.

Green Jesus this,Green Jesus that...they complained over and over again during Cata.
    But now
    Khadgar Whitehair Jesus
    Velen WhiteBeard Jesus
    Malfurion GreenBeard Jesus
    Turalyon Light Jesus
    Alleria Void Jesus
    Tyrande Moon Jesus
    Maiev Warden Jesus
    Anduin King Jesus

Illidan Evil Jesus

Hordes are their little lackeys all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by WildberryFan View Post
    Green Jesus this,Green Jesus that...they complained over and over again during Cata.
    But now
    Khadgar Whitehair Jesus
    Velen WhiteBeard Jesus
    Malfurion GreenBeard Jesus
    Turalyon Light Jesus
    Alleria Void Jesus
    Tyrande Moon Jesus
    Maiev Warden Jesus
    Anduin King Jesus

Illidan Evil Jesus

Hordes are their little lackeys all these years.
    Diamond Jesus Magni

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Pretty disagree with this.

In TBC, WotlK, Cata, MoP and WoD was not one side.
    Because in those exp packs both sides had different storylines and quests interact with there own NPCs instead of neutral NPCs like Khadgaaarerrrdahh.

And for those that say WoD was clearly Horde based, we never had a raid or dungeon killing Alliance characters.
    If they wanted to make WoD Horde base then we would had corrupt Draenei and us teaming up with the Orcs killing them then i would agree.
    Instead we had Orc killing sprees going on 24/7, not that fun as a Horde player i can tell you that.
    there were a ton of corrupt draenei look at hfc.