Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Haha you got me, I was fooled go you, I was expecting you were acting like you had the ability to make a completely reasonable argument.

ERR no you can't make a mini fucking flame thrower and point it in the direction of people.

I am well aware of the guy with the gun and I don't for a moment buy the counter protesters explicitly started shit, but no the flame thrower isn't legal and if a cop had saw that he would have likely acted.
    Again, what's the crime? I just linked the one for the other guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good, he's been arrested but it wouldn't have been pretty if that aerosol can blew in a crowded place like that... The need to bring weapons in the first place to a protest with law enforcement in place boggles my mind. How can they guarantee they won't do something stupid in the heat of the moment like these guys? The flamethrower freaked him out and rightly so.

How it's productive to have a shouting match of profanities is beyond me but gotta oppose them someway I suppose.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Ok good, like I already said pick him up and prosecute him.
    So what's the crime for the other guy? Or are you still in the, "Arrest him for something, because I don't agree with him!" camp?

If he actually committed a crime, arrest him. If not, stop calling for his arrest.

Edit: This is as close as I can find: https://vacode.org/2016/18.2/9/2/18.2-415/ A misdemeanor, possibly. So ya, trying to equate a class 4 felony violation with maybe a violation of a misdemeanor code is pretty laughable.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-08-27 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Try getting your head out of your ass. It's linked in the OP.
    I'm waiting
    Just because the gun is producing smoke and flame and there's a bullet flying out of the barrel doesn't mean he fired it!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

^ That about sums up so much of the stupidity in this thread.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    No. I believe him using "thug" is that he really wants to say the word the guy who fired the weapon. Just another dead...
    Wut? He's in Antifa, wears a Mask and was flamethrowing. How is he not a Thug?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Just because someone isn't a model citizen means we should murder them?
    TBF I wouldn't have cared if he lit the other guys up in Flame either. Let the Nazi's and Antifa kill eachother. It's a literal win/win for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I expect his actions were not legal, my ability to provide the statute that is applicable in no way impacts how guilty or innocent he is. I expect that the Cops and the DA do know which laws would apply and be able to act accordingly. I am in no way calling for law enforcement to act unprofessional or outside their legal powers.
    I got you in my edit:

So what's the crime for the other guy? Or are you still in the, "Arrest him for something, because I don't agree with him!" camp?

If he actually committed a crime, arrest him. If not, stop calling for his arrest.

Edit: This is as close as I can find: https://vacode.org/2016/18.2/9/2/18.2-415/ A misdemeanor, possibly. So ya, trying to equate a class 4 felony violation with maybe a violation of a misdemeanor code is pretty laughable.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, that flamethrower freaked him out enough for him to walk right by it, turn around and shoot a gun into a crowd then calmly walk away. Super freaked out.
    At first he's just shocked as it comes at him while he walks past but then he decides that shit ain't gonna fly and goes back to aim his gun in the guys direction to protect his pals and make the flamethrower guy fall back. Missfire luckily goes into the bush/dirt. Could've been the spark igniting a melee between protesters..

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes, and that should be a charge right there, discharging a fire arm into a crowd, he forfeited his rights to any known law on the books. And one trained in fire arms will tell you, that you don't fire a warning shot.

- - - Updated - - -

No in the link he clearly fired, not aiming at anybody, but that is for sure fucking illegal, and exactly the kind of prime example of the bullshit that went on that day that let to 1 person being killed and 19 injured, this man should be in jail and his guns taken, and restricted from ever owning a fire arm again.

Title of the video is "gun pulled #unitetheright #Charlottesville"

Where did it say he fired it?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post

^ That about sums up so much of the stupidity in this thread.
    indeed, But don't forget bro! according to these nutjobs hating one group means you support the other. instead of just being able to hate more than 1 group

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Title of the video is "gun pulled #unitetheright #Charlottesville"

Where did it say he fired it?
    At this point I don't know if people just don't know how links work or what. The video isn't embedded in the OP. It's linked to in the OP. That long line of green text you see is the link. The video clearly shows him firing his weapon.

Edit: Just to make things easier for you.

At this point I don't know if people just don't know how links work or what. The video isn't embedded in the OP. It's linked to in the OP. That long line of green text you see is the link. The video clearly shows him firing his weapon.

I didn't see anything showing that he fired the weapon. Can you give me the timing of where that is so i can look for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    indeed, But don't forget bro! according to these nutjobs hating one group means you support the other. instead of just being able to hate more than 1 group
    Nice strawman. It's totally not the fact that people defending nazis and KKK members are trying equate one group whose members shot into a crowd and killed a person with a car to another group who didn't. Because those are two totally equal things. Apparently. At least to nazi apologists. Or defending statements like, "There are good people on both sides." There are no good nazis or kkk members, and there are no good people who march in support of them.

It's a 30 second video. You're fucking blind and deaf if you don't see and hear it.

I watched it at that point, and don't see any clear evidence of him firing his hand gun.

If you can provide me the exact timing I could look a little better.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-08-27 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, what's the crime? I just linked the one for the other guy...
    He lite a can of aerosol and turned it into a flame thrower and aimed it at a crowd of people. Really DUDE? You need the specific violation that would entail? Public endangerment for starters, http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2005/B...DF/H1514v1.pdf , then there are the laws that prohibit the use of fireworks which a flamethrower would technically fall under http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...Article_54.pdf

However not being more familiar with their state, I am unaware of how they deal with assault with a deadly weapon, but I am sure the county prosecutor would know.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    I watched it at that point, and don't see any clear evidence of him firing his hand gun.

If you can provide me the exact timing I could look a little better.
    Then you clearly aren't fucking looking, don't know how to fucking operate the Internets, or you are choosing to be full of shit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Then you're literally fucking blind and deaf. He fires it at the 12-13 second mark. You can hear it. You can see the smoke from the gun powder.
    I can't hear a gunshot nor do I see any at 12-13 seconds. Is it the stuff at 7-9 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Seems unfortunate he missed. A masked Thug with a Flamethrower isn't exactly a model citizen.
    Killing people is bad.

Then you're literally fucking blind and deaf. He fires it at the 12-13 second mark. You can hear it. You can see the smoke from the gun powder.

I heard some drums going off in the background, but I didn't see any clear cut evidence of him shooting his gun. Are you saying that the video clearly shows that he fired his gun?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The guy never "came at him" with the flamethrower. You're just making shit up. It also wasn't a misfire. The idiot didn't have a bullet in the chamber and he's lucky because it looked like he was actually aiming when he tried to fire this time. Then he cocks his gun and hastily fires and misses.
    He gets sprayed in the face and likely sees the lighter as other shit get thrown at him. He wouldn't have pulled the gun if he didn't feel threatened. True he does fire the weapon with the intent to scare off people as he loads it and aims low as people yell the N-word as if he should be singled out because of the weapon he brought.