Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is it actually always "declined" or just "group is full"?

Apart from that the topic is as old as WoW. The solution too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarathan View Post
    you make your own pugs or run with a guild or friends.

people want smooth runs and you have nothing special to prove you can provide a smooth run, so you get declined.
    When you and 30 other people sign, they will 99% of the time take the highest ilvl person, not much u can do about it except getting better gear.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Seriously, complaining about M+ declines now? Make your own damn group lol. If you are low ilvl, accept other low ilvls, don't expect to be boosted. Work together and get your +15 or w/e you like. No excuse, these dungs have been out for a freaking year now, you should know what to do and how to complete them in a timely manner. Geez.

I'm always fascinated by this notion that you put in the effort to get the best gear you can and want to ensure what you're doing goes smoothly and quickly that you're also somehow the asshole for not wanting to invite some undergeared charity case.

I'm sorry you have no friends or guild or whatever. That's not my problem nor is it Blizzard's problem quite frankly. That's your problem.

Deleted
    It's about supply and demand. It's not that hard to understand: you're on the open market with unknown actors looking for a transaction. They have a key that they want to complete and ideally advance at +2/+3. The most limiting factor in this is usually (unless your Tank/Healer is completely clueless) your DPS.

In comes the fact that there's far too many DPS trying to do the exact same as you are. Since we are midway through a tier where the average Heroic player is probably 925+ now, the majority of players applying to groups will likely be 925+ as well.

Now if this is my key, what variables do I have to decide who goes in and who gets declined? Class & spec and ilvl. That's it. And I'm generally convinced that higher ilvl = better player over plenty of cases.

There's one solution for you: make your own group or find your own team to run M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    I'm 907 getting declined from +11. That's ridiculous.
    I'm not sure you understand how this isn't preventable.

When you sign up, at 907 ilvl, there are 20-30 other people also signed up, a lot 920+

Why would they even bother to look at you, when they have those people sign up?

Which means you need to make your own groups most of the time, take initiative, if you want to pick 905~ players when you have 920-930 people qued for your dungeon, go for it. But I doubt you will choose the lower ilvl players.

People take getting declined so personally, they aren't thinking "You're bad because your gear is low" they're thinking, who is the safest bet as a good player, this 907 person, or this 925 person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Can only speak for myself but I tend to avoid the really highly geared people because they have a tendency of being arrogant and leaving if even a single wipe occurs. I tend to invite people between 920-930, that's more than enough for 15-18 keys.
    I only play with 930+ and I've never experienced any of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    30 or 40 people sign up for 2 slots in the group. Higher ilevel player will, on average, have more dedication+skill as both of those (and more) correlate with gear.
    Ever heard that "fat chicks try harder in bed"? It actually works in wow. The only DDs i've seen leaving and underperforming were high ilvl ones. I usually close my eyes and click at random DD in a list and invite them, because it's that irrelevant for 10-15 key for our group
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-08-28 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

In what way is Mythic+ an alternative to raiding when even for +11 people expect ilvl in the region of 920?

I'm so tired of being declined. I've Mythic raided in the past and can out dps some of the better geared people I see. None of that matters. All people care about is the number.

How are you even supposed to progress if you don't buy boosts for gear? How would I even get back into heroic raiding, let alone Mythic, when people expect you to have gear...obtained by doing the thing? I even have a hard time getting into KJ normal groups. How can I get gear from +15 when people require you to already have that gear?

The answer is that Mythic+ isn't an alternative to raiding. You can't get to +15 unless you raid heroic. 11 and higher is just for people with heroic raid gear.
    Not entirely true, I've never raided ToS and I get into a fair amount of pug M+ as a pure dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Can only speak for myself but I tend to avoid the really highly geared people because they have a tendency of being arrogant and leaving if even a single wipe occurs. I tend to invite people between 920-930, that's more than enough for 15-18 keys.
    I had a 929 ret paladin in our BRH group on last week. He drank invis potion like everyone else then popped his mount and pulled everything. Then typed in "oh fuck we won't make it" and left. I was confused as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    People cumshot over me when i queue as a windwalker monk with a mere 906 ilvl during fortified weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I had a 929 ret paladin in our BRH group on last week. He drank invis potion like everyone else then popped his mount and pulled everything. Then typed in "oh fuck we won't make it" and left. I was confused as fuck.
    Sounds to be like he just wanted an excuse to leave, and made one.

People want highest level possible and gearing (thanks to 3 difficulties and TF) is quite easy these days. However, even if you are amazingly geared, at high M+ levels the mechanics of the trash is what will 1-shot you - you simply cannot outgear it at higher levels, which is why ilevel really means nothing.

Good heroic guilds dont really exist anymore, because if you are a good heroic raider, it is relatively easier from a game management PoV to pug than to stick to a guild schedule. And players for whom Heroic is trivial in difficulty will eventually jump to a Mythic guild.

The only way for actual good heroic guilds to come back is to remove group finder and xrealm Flex heroic, which wont happen as its one of blizzards prized features.

Deleted
    I got declined too (balance 935 eq ilvl), do you know why? Because I have only 1700 dungeon score or what it is. I have zero point for upper kara and cathedral, cuz I usually play with my friends and they prefer maw, dht, arcway and eye.
    I dont play mithic raids, just some random heroic bosses + weekly m15-20.
    JUST ENJOY the game with FRIENDS. Thats the reason we have 5 man "mithic" content.
    Last edited by mmoc441f090fee; 2017-08-28 at 08:48 AM.

You need to start thinking about group leaders who have experience with bad players with high ilvl. You should try leading first and pick any random person and come give us results how it went (honest).

It's a fucking miserable experience, don't know why i've ever put myself through it. Hope you're not playing a DPS and you have a lot of free time, because creating groups from scratch as an undergeared DPS is going to be about as fun as cooking steak with a plastic toaster.

In what way is Mythic+ an alternative to raiding when even for +11 people expect ilvl in the region of 920?

I'm so tired of being declined. I've Mythic raided in the past and can out dps some of the better geared people I see. None of that matters. All people care about is the number.

How are you even supposed to progress if you don't buy boosts for gear? How would I even get back into heroic raiding, let alone Mythic, when people expect you to have gear...obtained by doing the thing? I even have a hard time getting into KJ normal groups. How can I get gear from +15 when people require you to already have that gear?

The answer is that Mythic+ isn't an alternative to raiding. You can't get to +15 unless you raid heroic. 11 and higher is just for people with heroic raid gear.
    Why is this hard for you to understand? Group Finder is a free market, with all the usual market forces. Supply and Demand. If you are applying to groups, how competitive are you with what you offer? I don't mean what you and your friends know you are capable of; I mean what shows when you apply to groups. 907 DPS are a dime a dozen. You can reach 907 without running M+ at all; just buy crafted gear and do emissaries for your first legendary. You need to either apply to groups where your I-lvl/spec/whispered experience will make you more competitive with the others applying, or do something else to boost what you have to offer.

You mentioned raiding. As DPS your odds shift favorably for raiding because the ratio of DPS to tanks improves. You'd have an easy time getting into N raids, and might slip into a H raid with a little luck. Even N raids could help with TF drops.

The other way around this is... <drum roll> to make your own group. If you know you can perform, there's no reason you can't make a group, invite other 907s (you believe 907s should get into groups, right?), and push a key to +11. If you meet some competent players along the way, friend them so you can group with them again the following week. I complete my +16s every Friday night with essentially the same handful of people. We don't care about item level or M+ scores because we know each other from running M+ together every Friday. SO much easier than trying to join random pugs, where even if you get in they might be bad.

TL;DR: Other people have the same group finder and have solved this problem. You can too.

Deleted
    MAKE
    YOUR
    OWN
    GROUP

And you will see the "wall" of people declined and understand how this works : 1. itm lvl 2. class (we lack of heroism/tw/bl sure all those warrior will be declined)

I did this and I even get from 1200 to 2100 myth+ score (since i was busy irl)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I'm always fascinated by this notion that you put in the effort to get the best gear you can and want to ensure what you're doing goes smoothly and quickly that you're also somehow the asshole for not wanting to invite some undergeared charity case.

I'm sorry you have no friends or guild or whatever. That's not my problem nor is it Blizzard's problem quite frankly. That's your problem.
    but it is blizzard problem - golden rule is that 1 unhappy customer is works as much as 50 happy ones - because happy customers are usually silent - unhappy ones make opinions about the product visible - and when majority of those opinions is negative this affect possible customers who would rather steer away towards more user friendly games.