Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Even their air raid warnings have a kawaii touch...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoseKnows View Post

Translation for those of us not weeaboo enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would of launched counter measures if I were Japan. Great time to test your defense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    So where is everyone who said "NK wont do anything, they're just trying to preserve their own sovereignty"

Sure seems like theyre trying to die
    There are a few variables involved in this and the North knows what these variables are

The US can't (it can lets be honest but it won't) strike first because North Korea has a ton of artillery pointed at Seoul...

The US/SK and Japan have to actually sit and wait for the North to actually attack something other then the Pacific Ocean just to placate China (even though there is 0% chance they get involved, they'll show up after to try and get a deal for a puppet government in North Korea so they can maintain the buffer between a US ally) and so tons of shells don't hit Seoul and kill a shit ton of people, an epic secret South Korean evacuation probably isn't feasible.

IMO this is just going to be a waiting game till the North screws up or the South gets everyone out of harms way, whoever strikes first probably knows whatever happens there will be mass North Korean deaths and possibly (barring a huge evacuation) mass South Korean deaths, I no nothing about striking capabilities or the exact number of artillery pointed at the South but some sort of SK/JP/NATO/US first strike on every single artillery piece sounds like a nightmare to coordinate but it could work

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I would of launched counter measures if I were Japan. Great time to test your defense imo.
    Japans defense is the United States of America...so doing that would basically kick things off so not a super great idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Probably is if you fail to shoot down the missile your enemy is suddenly less worried about your missile defense.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Japans defense is the United States of America...so doing that would basically kick things off so not a super great idea
    Shooting down a incoming missles is a bad thing? If some country is shooting at you, you fucking deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Probably is if you fail to shoot down the missile your enemy is suddenly less worried about your missile defense.
    First, you don't miss. Second it is better ti miss a test missile then the real thing. Time to get the kinks out.

15+ Year Old Account
    how long before its just Korea at this point?
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoseKnows View Post

Haha, is that real? It seems so odd that there's just a random rainbow sitting there as shit's going down.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Deleted
    Not enough. We need a bigger military exercise from US/SK/JAP now. A bigly one. Maybe then... a loaded warning missle which then hopefully should be enough to power the corpse industry on!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    There are a few variables involved in this and the North knows what these variables are

The US can't (it can lets be honest but it won't) strike first because North Korea has a ton of artillery pointed at Seoul...

The US/SK and Japan have to actually sit and wait for the North to actually attack something other then the Pacific Ocean just to placate China (even though there is 0% chance they get involved, they'll show up after to try and get a deal for a puppet government in North Korea so they can maintain the buffer between a US ally) and so tons of shells don't hit Seoul and kill a shit ton of people, an epic secret South Korean evacuation probably isn't feasible.

IMO this is just going to be a waiting game till the North screws up or the South gets everyone out of harms way, whoever strikes first probably knows whatever happens there will be mass North Korean deaths and possibly (barring a huge evacuation) mass South Korean deaths, I no nothing about striking capabilities or the exact number of artillery pointed at the South but some sort of SK/JP/NATO/US first strike on every single artillery piece sounds like a nightmare to coordinate but it could work

Not so much an issue of the US, Japan could see this as a serious threart

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    Is this not an actual attack? Time to retaliate and get rid of this crazy kim
    As long as China has his back, no ones going to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Just by quickly reading it as my Kanji is rusty. First part is Misairu (Missile) kanji. Misairu (Missile) kanji. So I'm assuming it's like "Missile incoming. Missile incoming." Along with probably telling them to evacuate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    I don't speak anime but someone translated it as

Code:
    >国民保護に関する情報
    >ミサイル発射。北朝鮮からミサイルが発射された模様です。頑丈*建物や地下に避難して下さい 
    >【対象地域】 
    北海道、青森県、岩手県、宮城県、山形県、*島県、茨城県
    Information on protection of citizens
    Missile launch. It seems that a missile has been fired from North Korea. Please evacuate to a rugged building or underground
    【Target Area】
    Hokkaido, Aomori, Iwate, Miyagi, Yamagata, Fukushima, Ibaraki

Spoopy video included:
    https://twitter.com/dQE0g5lZlLriFcj/...83021386002432
    Last edited by mmocc260283a87; 2017-08-29 at 12:50 AM.

Like General Mattis said "An attack on Japan is an attack on the US."

Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-08-29 at 12:51 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    Is this not an actual attack? Time to retaliate and get rid of this crazy kim
    Let China fucking deal with it. Why do we need set loose the Armada... we've already proven we can't even drive the damn things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just by quickly reading it as my Kanji is rusty. First part is Misairu (Missile) kanji. Misairu (Missile) kanji. So I'm assuming it's like "Missile incoming. Missile incoming." Along with probably telling them to evacuate.
    It says: "Missile has been launched. x2 It is likely it has been launched from North Korea. Please evacuate underground or into sturdy buildings." Rest of it lists targeted area which is basically hokkaido and rest of touhoku prefectures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    As long as we keep them away from ports....the track record isn't nearly as bad.
    I don't know man... have you seen a shipping container?

I mean they've got tools to see the ocean floor, subs in the water, and you can't avoid something the size of a football stadium? I'm quite certain the insurance claims adjust found us at over 51% at fault on that fender bender. These ships practically run themselves for Christ's sake... you almost have to purposely... oh wait a fucking minute here... conspiracy alert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Apparently Kim began a 'purge' Pyongyang a few hours ago to get rid of anyone he considers a threat. Then he does this?

Shit's heating up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Apparently Kim began a 'purge' Pyongyang a few hours ago to get rid of anyone he considers a threat. Then he does this?

Shit's heating up.
    Well there has been no foul till now. The ball was not hit twice in a row by one party yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    So it appears Kim Jong-Un is losing power if he has to fire this many missiles in such a short period of time.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."