Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The new Duck Tales (2017)

That is presumably nostalgia, but I really liked the premiere. The art style is likely a breaking point for many people, but I really enjoyed it for my part.

Giving three distinct (if basic) personalities to H, D and L goes a long way for the characterization of the cast.

(I can't wait for people complaining about giving an active role to Webby and Della, about how a show about a duck gazilionnaire sucks if to the duck sailor is added a she-duck aviator...)

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like it much more than the original so far.

I like the new Webby and Mrs Beakley as well.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

David Tenant as scrooge mcduck. Fuck yes you very much I want this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if one of the Nephews is Black and Another at least Trans gendered, you know better Hollywood, make this happen.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I think the animation is ugly as fuck. The actual movement is okay, but the flat/clipart artstyle is a burden to the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Only if one of the Nephews is Black and Another at least Trans gendered, you know better Hollywood, make this happen.
    No, they are just having distinct (if basic) personalities.

However, Wendy is much more active and the premise of the first season is that the triplet mother, Della Duck (Donald's sister) was adventuring alongside Donald and Scrooge, with an aviator moniker.

Deleted
    animation is worse then the old cartoon.

It depends on what you call ''worse''. I concede that this is a make or break issue, but I find the new style quite fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    animation is worse then the old cartoon.
    Unfortunately, this animation style is "IN" nowadays. Because kids these days have horrible taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Unfortunately, this animation style is "IN" nowadays. Because kids these days have horrible taste.
    It looks like the cheap YouTube videos they consume industrial quantities of, of course they like it. But the show is all right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

However, Wendy is much more active and the premise of the first season is that the triplet mother, Della Duck (Donald's sister) was adventuring alongside Donald and Scrooge, with an aviator moniker.
    Yeah well I am also still not too happy about Scrooge being a Gazilionnaire, seriously I know it is a cartoon, but there really is a huge problem with that much accumulated wealth. Seriously a Gazilionnaire this man can literally throw dice like he is God with other peoples lives, how the hell have the citizens of duckberg not risen up and slayed his ass, or seriously reflected as to this insane system that would allow for a Gazilionnaire.

Nothing funny about a benevolent penny pinching Gazilionnaire dictator.

Something smells a foul.

OT Yeah I like what you described.

10+ Year Old Account
    once you get used to the style, the show is fantastic
    Hi

Seems to have a good voice cast and the right intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    They are. It's just that they're ducks so you can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I think the animation is ugly as fuck. The actual movement is okay, but the flat/clipart artstyle is a burden to the eyes.
    Just be thankful it's not Anime style. Or that neo-Nikolodeon style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

That is presumably nostalgia, but I really liked the premiere. The art style is likely a breaking point for many people, but I really enjoyed it for my part.

Giving three distinct (if basic) personalities to H, D and L goes a long way for the characterization of the cast.

(I can't wait for people complaining about giving an active role to Webby and Della, about how a show about a duck gazilionnaire sucks if to the duck sailor is added a she-duck aviator...)
    It's not nostalgia. The new show is, in all ways, superior to the original so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    You're nuts. Animation looks great. Real pulpy. I'm just glad it's not another damn cgi show.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean Webby, yeah?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Took me a bit to get used to the animation style but I like what I've seen of the show so far. I was a huge fan of the original as well and I think the new one strikes the right balance of new and nostalgia.

I hope they don't keep the "lolol boys dumb, girls smart" shit they had going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Seems to have a good voice cast and the right intentions.

They are. It's just that they're ducks so you can't tell.

Just be thankful it's not Anime style. Or that neo-Nikolodeon style.

Oh I can tell, I'll be able to tell, because I am going to look.

And check, and Check on the Anime style please NO!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it, its just as good as the original I grew up with. Except as someone who grew up with the comics in the 80's before the cartoon I would say this cartoon resembles and pays more homage to that.

There are some nit picks of course, but aside from that I loooove it. Well drawn well animated. Didnt fall into the trap of relying on pop culture references another thing that made the original cool too.

Also the Webby changes are great, Webby was annoying as shit in the original, at least she is tolerable here.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-31 at 01:28 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Also the Webby changes are great, Webby was annoying as shit in the original, at least she is tolerable here.
    That's a weird way of saying she's the best ;P

Deleted
    Watched the first episode for nostalgic reasons and was actually pleasantly surprised!

I grew up with the original Duck Tales and this is just as fun! I hope young generations enjoy it as much as we did back in the day.