Poll: Which expac did you dislike more?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    WTF did WOD bring us? Butchered class pruning, nothing to do besides from Raiding and PVP. You really wanna talk about Ashran, how much time and effort they put into that zone?

No, I will never speak fondly about WOD, no matter how many expansions were are in.
    Exactly what people said after Cata.

A fair few after MoP too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would call Cataclysm the worst one of the two.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Why is MoP not a choice here, by far the worst expansion wow ever released.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Why is MoP not a choice here, by far the worst expansion wow ever released.
    Because MoP was one of the best expansions:

- New race
    - New class
    - Massive amounts of content
    - Amazing raids
    - Scenarios
    - etc.

I know the setting is love or hate but from a gameplay and content perspective MoP was absolutely amazing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Mop wasn't bad. I stopped after our H Gara'jal kill. Which still had bugs we told blizz about in beta. they then banned/removed a bunch of guilds (I was clean and untouched) early it was a shitshow. as are alot of early raids.

MOP had the "too much content" early on problem, that would seem like a good thing except you had 17 faction reps ( all really grindy) to be followed with more.

AND. the panda shit didn't fit. beautiful xpack, aimed solely at the Chinese market. everyone knew it. They needed the numbers, and got most of them, after they removed "objectionable content" (like skeletons)

Oh f them I shoulda stayed quit after the PC Charade Pandaland was.

Both were shit but Cata had atleast a few good things.

Deleted
    cata was nice.from start wod was bad all the way except lvling was really fun. however it was ultimately catas design changes that would change the game forever
    after cata it was like the game seperated into 2 diff games. vanilla tbc wrath on one side. and everything else on the other. ironically with cata it was the beginning of the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    cata was nice.from start wod was bad all the way except lvling was really fun. however it was ultimately catas design changes that would change the game forever
    after cata it was like the game seperated into 2 diff games. vanilla tbc wrath on one side. and everything else on the other. ironically with cata it was the beginning of the end.
    Truth be told, Ghosttroller screwed wow and the playerbase expectations/ability beyond recovery with Wrath, WOTLK was the siren song of vanilla/tbc

I liked the theme of WoD better but I didn't feel quite as burned out on the content in Cata as I did in WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyway I still play VERY CASUALLY (for some reason) guess after a decade I'll see the thing through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I liked the theme of WoD better but I didn't feel quite as burned out on the content in Cata as I did in WoD.

WOD could have been cool. Should have Nixxed garrisons 75% expanded on what could have been Awesome Highmaul zone, done something addressing Shattrah, and made a hub from old BT (Karibou City?) It had potential. they just slupped it instead.

Cata because it had great start but went completely shit and introduced LFR.

WoD was trash from the start.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cata was fine, until people started whining dungeons were becoming too hard after the 5 man AoE fest, they forgot their CC/interrupt buttons somehow.

As for raids, they were great, but Dragon Soul / LFR made it go downhill (along with the subs).

Deleted
    Cataclysm. I only really quit WoD after killing Archie, Cata managed to drive me away and abandon my old account completely before it was even released.

Had fucking enough with these threads. Why do we always have to bash old expansions, about how shit they were?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Agreed. So bad I [think] I quit for good.
    How can you think that Legion is worse than WoD? This expansion definitely has its downsides that hopefully will be addressed into the next expansion but it's still packed with lots of content and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD.
    The answer is always "WoD".

I hated everything about Cataclysm, it was awful. The new zones, a lot of the revamped ones, the quests, the characters, the story, everything. I struggle to think of a single redeeming factor to the expansion. It single-handedly cured my WoW addiction of 6 years in under a month. Even now, I'll stay and complete Icecrown with a 80%+ EXP reduction penalty to get to 85 just so I can skip over Cata content, I hate it that much.

I wasn't particularly a fan of WoD either. Even though I didn't care for the story I thought it was well done, with good character development, and arguably the best questing experience to date. The only zone I abhorred was Tanaan Jungle and even it would've been bearable were it not for the rep grinds. I can't stand arakkoa, but I'd still take Spires of Arak over anything in Cataclysm. WoD's biggest failing, for me, was its end game.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Cata was shit for Dragonsoul being a low effort raid (almost entirely reused assets) and introducing LFR which keeps many players from enjoying raiding by providing a tourist mode that lacks everything that makes raiding enjoyable while stunting motivation to experience real raiding.

Cata however had the best 5 man experience of any expansion. Literally all dungeons safe for the last 3 Dragonsoul dungeons had interesting bosses with interesting abilities. It had the massive old world revamp, which, while I understand that some people dislike them due to the tone and theme of those areas, has improved 1-60 from a gameplay and visual standpoint tremendously. It also had very well thought out, diverse and experimental 80-85 areas. And the first two raid tiers were also great (though the Abyssal Maw raid being scrapped and the Neptulon storyline resolving itself offscreen instead felt kinda weak)

WoD was a half finished expansion that lacked a whole raid tier (or two, considering that both the Shattrath raid and the Ogre Continent were planned for patches), had no player interaction as everyone was stuck in a Garrison as two amazing capital cities were left unfinished and empty. 5-mans were forgettable with only two bosses among all of them requiring any thought (Rukhran, Nitrogg) and it didn't realize the Draenor setting very well by skipping on a lot of outland overlap (which included the scrapped Faralorn area). The one thing WoD did right were raid encounter. Well, at least in Blackrock Foundry every other boss was incredibly fun to fight. Raids are probably the most impotent part in WoW, but still, only one aspect being great among a sea of mediocrity... (or rather a puddle of mediocrity as WoD had barely any content) isn't saving the expansion. Also there were very little raids in the expansion as a whole and HFC had a lot of bosses that felt kinda fillerish in the first half, practically starting at Iskarr. Which is a shame as both Highmaul and Foundry showed that even early bosses could be interesting.

To add to that the lore of WoD made no sense. Opening up time travel and parallel dimensions without proper thought is not a good idea. We could now technically go to one of the many dimensions were the Eredar did not fall for Sargeras offer and enlist 200+ Kil'Jaedens in the fight against the one Kil'Jaeden who did join the Burning Legion. Yes, there is only one who did, because the Twisting Nether does only exist once. A bandaid they put on to prevent 246745067+ versions of Sargeras from existing.

In my mind it is not even close. WoD is a lot worse.
    Last edited by mmoc43b1bfde29; 2017-08-30 at 12:52 PM. Reason: fixed a grammar issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    How can you think that Legion is worse than WoD? This expansion definitely has its downsides that hopefully will be addressed into the next expansion but it's still packed with lots of content and such.
    Well, to be fair I quit shortly after Trial of Valor came out. Worst "mini raid" ever. Also, I wasn't down with spamming Mythic+ 12 or more hours a day like most of my raid team was doing.

WoD is worst but boy i dont have a soft spot for cata.

Dragon soul is still the worst raid ever made but Cata was better than WoD.