Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

165km/h on a 100 road, no insurance and taxes not paid, got stopped by cops.

Well I own two cars and one of them is deregistered as I don't drive it very often and it's a Lexus so taxes and insurance on it is pretty damn steep.
    Anyway, I borrowed the other, active car to my dad because he drove my mom and sister to the airport last weekend and is going to pick them up next weekend. He turned 70 yesterday so I wanted to visit him (he lives about 25km from me) and I took the Lexus.

There was basically no traffic on my way home and I decided to take over a truck and a car. So I did it at 165km/h. Turns out the car was civilian police
    So they turned on the lights and I was like "fuck, I can kiss goodbye to my Bitcoins now".
    Turns out they didn't check if the car was deregistered and decided to write 120km/h instead of 165 so I got away with only a 250 euro fine.

Think I should buy a lottery ticket or have I depleted all my luck for this year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, they felt that it wasn't a danger enough at the time to put you in jail, which they should have. Driving that fast is considered a felony, and they were simply dropping it down to a misdemeanor. I figure they just wanted to punish you, instead of ruin the next decade of your life, since nobody was hurt (thankfully).

That said, you could have easily killed someone, or yourself, driving that fast. Moreover, ruined someones life or family by not having insurance. You think it's cute, but I sort of wish they had locked you up. The slap on the wrist ticket clearly isn't doing it's job.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Well I own two cars and one of them is deregistered as I don't drive it very often and it's a Lexus so taxes and insurance on it is pretty damn steep.
    Anyway, I borrowed the other, active car to my dad because he drove my mom and sister to the airport last weekend and is going to pick them up next weekend. He turned 70 yesterday so I wanted to visit him (he lives about 25km from me) and I took the Lexus.

There was basically no traffic on my way home and I decided to take over a truck and a car. So I did it at 165km/h. Turns out the car was civilian police
    So they turned on the lights and I was like "fuck, I can kiss goodbye to my Bitcoins now".
    Turns out they didn't check if the car was deregistered and decided to write 120km/h instead of 165 so I got away with only a 250 euro fine.

Think I should buy a lottery ticket or have I depleted all my luck for this year?
    It's not a game. Those rules exist for a reason. You're basically the criminal that comes here gloating that he didn't get caught. You will be caught eventually, because you will eventually fuck up again and have less luck.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

hmm for germans driving 165 on a 100 road wouldnt be a problem that much, thats like 50 -80 Euros outside of town and a few points.

But the no registration /insurance would for sure cost you the license and probably a court process.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Basically, they felt that it wasn't a danger enough at the time to put you in jail, which they should have. Driving that fast is considered a felony, and they were simply dropping it down to a misdemeanor. I figure they just wanted to punish you, instead of ruin the next decade of your life, since nobody was hurt (thankfully).

That said, you could have easily killed someone, or yourself, driving that fast. Moreover, ruined someones life or family by not having insurance. You think it's cute, but I sort of wish they had locked you up. The slap on the wrist ticket clearly isn't doing it's job.
    Few times have I actually agreed so much over something that was posted on mmo champion.

I live in a big avenue in Brazil. At night, on weekends, there's all sorts of assholes with just the right reason thinking it's okay for them to fly by.

The amount of people who have crashed on fences, buildings or dropped the car in a little river that passes by the avenue is too high to count. Sometimes they just kill themselves, sometimes they kill other people. Sometimes they just get lucky while doing something really stupid and that should be punished.

One time, I saw a bunch of guys who got wasted, crashed into a tree and then were eating sweets to pretend they weren't drunk off their asses for when the police arrived.

Unless people spend a night in jail (or two), they always think it's okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh please, you're overreacting. It was a highway and not near people. Besides, I don't drive like a maniac and I have 0 alcohol tolerance even the day before I'm planning to drive.
    Save me the preaching.

not near people except for the ones that gave you a ticket. That's pretty unlucky. I would skip the lottery this week.

Deleted
    Oh please, you're overreacting. It was a highway and not near people. Besides, I don't drive like a maniac and I have 0 alcohol tolerance even the day before I'm planning to drive.
    Save me the preaching.
    Everybody thinks that until they do get in an accident. Don't be a dick and stick to the law.

As a person in law enforcement...you don't wanna hear how many times peoples first "big accident" is their first time...a dangerous situation never comes announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Haha.

Glad to hear you got lucky.

I usually have a good excuse ready whenever I get pulled over, never had a fine in my life - but I sure as hell don't obey the law all the time.
    There is a vast difference in breaking the law, if you go 50% over the speed limit than your a douchebag who is endangering other peoples lives...if you go slightly over it it' still bad...but it won't make a world of difference.

In general, I don't care what you do on the road as long you don't endanger other people...sadly with a car you cross that line pretty fast.

To be honest I don't think the speed is much of an issue but driving without insurance is incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    hmm for germans driving 165 on a 100 road wouldnt be a problem that much, thats like 50 -80 Euros outside of town and a few points.

But the no registration /insurance would for sure cost you the license and probably a court process.
    What the fuck are you talking about?

2 Points
    440 Euros fine
    2 month no driving.

Save me the preaching.
    You're driving at over 50% over the speed limit. That counts as driving like a maniac.

Also, you're covering around 50m of road every second and have well over double the kinetic energy of someone going at 100km/h. How well do you think you can react to something unexpected 100m in front of you? How much damage do you think that extra kinetic energy will do to your car and to you?

Deleted

In the uk your car would have been confiscated and crushed.

Also 40 mph over speed limit would lead to a 12 month driving ban and extended retest.

Hopefully next time you wreck your car and this problem sorts itself out so no one else has to ever drive around you again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    You're driving at over 50% over the speed limit. That counts as driving like a maniac.

Also, you're covering around 50m of road every second and have well over double the kinetic energy of someone going at 100km/h. How well do you think you can react to something unexpected 100m in front of you? How much damage do you think that extra kinetic energy will do to your car and to you?
    100mph on a suitable 60mph road is not terribly extreme in my opinion.

As long as the car wasn't a wreck.

Is OP fucking serious by admitting a crime?

You should never be allowed to own cars and/or drive them, ever

- - - Updated - - -

Save me the preaching.
    The speed isn't the issue here. On straight roads cars can drive fast.... I don't know the exact location and circumstances of the road you were on to pass judgment on that.

But do you even know how much shit you'd cause if you had an uninsured accident?

I'm happy that I was caught a few weeks after I received my driving license. Otherwise I'd be probably still driving like a retard. Good that I didn't kill anyone or had a crash.

I was driving like ~80-100 km/h above the limit(the road had 70 km/h speed limit, while before each pedestrian crossing it was 50 km/h for a few meters).... in the city(it was a beltway, but still kinda close to the people).

I'm very grateful that they didn't put me in the jail and didn't take back my license(they couldn't, but they can now - the law has changed), but instead taught me a lesson(a very costly one) and humility.

Now the only place where I break speed limits(though not THAT much, still driving safe) are mountain roads, when I have perfect vision and I do not risk other people life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least you learned something
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Not buying it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    In the uk your car would have been confiscated and crushed.

Also 40 mph over speed limit would lead to a 12 month driving ban and extended retest.
    Had the cops who stopped him been more responsible (were irresponsible based on situation imo) he should have been written down for irresponsible driving which is judged in criminal court as it can carry (if judged severe enough) a prison sentence. If it is judged as "severe irresponsibility in traffic" (probably wouldn't have) you also lose your license.
    The fine you get is also not a single pay thing but a day-fine which is a continuous thing over a period of time and the amount based on income.

If I had known more information I'd have been calling OPs local police department and directing them here to show how big a fucking mistake they made in letting him off easy.
    - Lars

Deleted
    Well what can i say about that?
    1. Lucky you.
    2. Shame on you, you irresponsible... (shall not continue this sentence)