Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's relevant because why you use the term tells others something about your motivation.

The "alt-right" is a group that invented that label for themselves; referring to them just means you're referring to that group.

Talking about the "alt-left" when no such group actually exists means you're deliberately attacking a fictional boogeyman out of a sense of naked false equivalence, in a form of partisan slander.

That's what "matters".
    Wrong, the alt-right means different things and describes different groups. In essence it's a rejection of mainstream neo conservatism. It's been used by white supremacists and that's who it's gets associated with because people like you(alt left) can't win an argument with facts so you have to resort to character assasination. If anything the alt right is an off shoot of the 08 Ron Paul movement, which had nothing to do with White supremacy.

In summation both terms are used as slurs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Wrong, the alt-right means different things and describes different groups. In essence it's a rejection of mainstream neo conservatism. It's been used by white supremacists and that's who it's gets associated with because people like you(alt left) can't win an argument with facts so you have to resort to character assasination. If anything the alt right is an off shoot of the 08 Ron Paul movement, which had nothing to do with White supremacy.

In summation both terms are used as slurs
    If you credit Ron Paul with alt-right, what the hell is a libertarian?

While Nazis were chanting 'Jews will not replace us', why weren't these alt-right chanting 'Nazis won't replace us' back? After all, this is all Ednus besmirching them... where was or is this fight against Nazis being the face of alt-right? Why aren't Kekistan residence fighting them for ruining their name, instead focusing on making sure Nazis are heard?
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-08-31 at 02:18 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If you credit Ron Paul with alt-right, what the hell is a libertarian?

While Nazis were chanting 'Jews will not replace us', why weren't these alt-right chanting 'Nazis won't replace us' back? After all, this is all Ednus besmirching them... where was or is this fight against Nazis being the face of alt-right? Why aren't Kekistan residence fighting them for ruining their name, instead focusing on making sure Nazis are heard?
    Again you're being obtuse. There are neo nazis in the alt right because three reject mainstream conservatives. That's essentially all they have in common. It's typical alinskyite tactics

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you're being obtuse. There are neo nazis in the alt right because three reject mainstream conservatives. That's essentially all they have in common. It's typical alinskyite tactics
    How am I being obtuse? I am asking why the alt right reply to being called Nazis, is a condemnation of the left? How hard is it for alt right to denounce the part of them that is Nazis? You can claim that's all they have in common, but again, I didn't see any alt right tell Nazis to go home. I saw them either marching along or chanting for Dylann Roof... are alt right just cucks for Nazis and can't tell them to fuck off, to instead unwillingly march along?

If your claim is that alt right cannot be anti Nazi, because being anti Nazi is pro big government... lulz
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Just because the Alt Left didn't get labeled as such doesn't mean they aren't named. Hell there are idiots pushing far left/right agendas and both sides need to clam the hell up grow up and stop tearing down our country. Idiots the whole damned lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How am I being obtuse? I am asking why the alt right reply to being called Nazis, is a condemnation of the left? How hard is it for alt right to denounce the part of them that is Nazis? You can claim that's all they have in common, but again, I didn't see any alt right tell Nazis to go home. I saw them either marching along or chanting for Dylann Roof... are alt right just cucks for Nazis and can't tell them to fuck off, to instead unwillingly march along?

If your claim is that alt right cannot be anti Nazi, because being anti Nazi is pro big government... lulz
    Why did the US ally with Stalin for 30 years? Sometimes you have bigger problems, white nationalism isn't very disruptive as compared to black nationalism or various Latin American radicals that are trying to conquer this country. The neo nazis are so irrelevant I don't know why you gunk they have some huge presence.

Why did the US ally with Stalin for 30 years? Sometimes you have bigger problems, white nationalism isn't very disruptive as compared to black nationalism or various Latin American radicals that are trying to conquer this country. The neo nazis are so irrelevant I don't know why you gunk they have some huge presence.
    The pile of dead bodies they accrue every year says something different, the idea that white extremists are not disruptive is not based on reality. They are the driving force behind domestic terrorism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing denouncing Nazis, to relationships between countries, is at best disingenuous. Silly if you think about it even...

You know what Stalin and US had in common to be allies, despite differences so large that you use it as an example? Fighting Nazis!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The pile of dead bodies they accrue every year says something different, the idea that white extremists are not disruptive is not based on reality. They are the driving force behind domestic terrorism.
    Not anymore, 30 years ago sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't more of their leaders speak out? We are told that they are only a small percentage of the group. That the violence does not represent the ideology, only perversions by extremes. Yet, you never see them fight it.

I'm just going to start using alt right rhetoric towards Muslims, but towards alt right. The one place alt right goes PC Principle, is Nazis...

Not anymore, 30 years ago sure
    Charlottesvile.
    Portland train attack.
    stabbing in Louisiana.
    shooting of a black church.

What do you call all these?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    This is demonstrably false.
    Yet, I notice you didn't do that.

You didn't demonstrate that it was false.

I, on the other hand am giving you a source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

10+ Year Old Account
    Charlottesvile.
    Portland train attack.
    stabbing in Louisiana.

They were chanting Dylann Roof at the rally...

Charlottesvile.
    Portland train attack.
    stabbing in Louisiana.

Tragedies

I'd list all of MS13s crimes but it would take to long
    And that's child's play to a weekend in Chicago

Tragedies

I'd list all of MS13s crimes but it would take to long
    And that's child's play to a weekend in Chicago
    gang violence is not the same thing as terrorism, these are domestic terrorists act done by by white nationalists some of many done each year not 30 years ago as you claim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets say you worked at a store. Lets called it Y-Mart. You've worked at Y-Mart for years and you know how everything works inside and out. Later, someone that belongs to the "Mart" family of stores writes an article about Y-Mart. Some of the information is true, most of it is false and subjective to a very small population for a very specific branch of Y-Mart in a specific city of a specific state. The article comes up with the term "Alt-Mart."

People who read that article decides that "Alt-Mart" is for them so a large amount of people start shopping at "Alt-Mart" shops nation wide. Later on about a bunch of articles break that "Alt-Mart is the best place in the country to get Guavas and the only place in the country that publicly sells sweet red guavas." As a result, thousands of people start shopping at "Alt-Mart" who've never shopped their a single time before the Guava story broke. The Guava lovers are real assholes who shit up all Alt Marts. Which sucks because the majority of "Y-Marts" don't sell Guavas and in some cases, have to start selling Guavas in order to remain relevant.

Now you are not a Patron of Y-Mart: You just work there because a job is a job. However you know that almost nothing in the original article applied to the Y-Mart you worked and and most branches of Y-Mart you've had to work at on a Temp Basis: But there was two Y-Marts in a very specific area of a very specific city of a very specific county of a very specific state that matches the "Alt-Mart" description to a T.

Do you just "Unlearn" everything you know to be true from direct personal experience? Do you just "forget" that Y-Mart didn't become popular until the first article calling it "Alt-Mart" and do you not pay attention to the fact that most "Y-Marts" didn't start selling Sweet Red Guavas until after literally hundreds of articles saying that "Alt-Mart is the best place for sweet red guavas"?

I am essentially the subject of this thought experiment of sorts. I, a homosexual black immigrant male, happened to be around what i would refer to in this context as "alt space" when "Alt-Right" became a mainstream right around December of 2015.

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...ll&q=Alt-Right
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...&q=Alt%20Right
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...%20alt%20right

Do you expect me to reject reality and throw my knowledge of these events and the sequence of these events into the garbage because the majority of people have a reductive view of how things went?

The curious case of the "Alt-Right" is a very, very, very, very, very nuanced topic. Unfortunately most people are like, "That is just Semantics" but the entire culture around "Alt Space" is about Semantics.

To give you another anology. Pretend that you are a mathematician. Some famous science expert, who is -NOT- a mathematician then has a talk about the raise of what he calls, "calculus." Later articles are written saying that "calculus is the only place to find the Area under the curve." Ontop of that, all people refer to general "Mathematics" as calculus; a relation that is absolutely incorrect save for the portion of mathematics that is calculus. How do you think you, as a mathematician, would feel about this? Then to have people who only heard about "Mathematics" 1 year ago link you a wikipedia page on "Calculus" that essentially redefines all maths as calculus.

I am pretty sure it would drive you up a wall.

I am currently in this boat and the way forward seems impossible. I really want to just blend in and say, "The Alt Right are evil Nazis." It would be so much easier. I won't have any arguments, i won't lose friends...shit i've even took this route before but the nightmares and the anxiety keep me up. I simply can't just pretend to "not know any better" on this topic.

So what you're saying is that you're ignorant of what that group entails and where it came from. That's not an argument, that's stupidity.

The question was: why does alt right exist, and not alt left. In your example, the analogy would be, why does calculus exist and not abracadabraism?

You've changed the meaning of the question to fit your needs. That's dishonest and sad.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2017-08-31 at 03:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is my fault for assuming that you were anything more than a philosophical zombie. You probably don't even exist.

So alt-right doesn't exist? Keep ignoring reality. You changed the meaning of the question to fit your needs, that's sad.

So tell me, what was false about anything I said? The alt-right was a name coined for themselves, and the alt left is an imaginary boogeyman because nobody named themselves that.

Where is the falsehood? What is your point?
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2017-08-31 at 03:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You seem to lack reading comprehension and i don't have the patience to break down my words to a 5th grade level. I can say that your assessment is incorrect though. I do not think that the alt-right does not exist.

No wonder why you were able to make 2050 posts in slightly over a year.

Ad hominem. Yet again you prove nothing. So are you going to answer my question? What was false about what I said? I mean, that's a first grade question : true or false. If you can't answer that, then you're definitely in no place to whine about reading comprehension.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2017-08-31 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to lack reading comprehension and i don't have the patience to break down my words to a 5th grade level. I can say that your assessment is incorrect though. I do not think that the alt-right does not exist.

No wonder why you were able to make 2050 posts in slightly over a year.
    Is it so hard to admit alt right exists, that you'd go double negative in doing it. A whole sentence after trying to insult someone's "5th grade level"?

7+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing to prove. Instead of making assumptions about about you ask questions? In addition to this, why did you edit your post -AFTER- you responded to my responses? If i didn't know better i'd say that you are attempting to make your responses less vapid so that people who read over our posts assume that i conveniently ignored the (new) crux of your post (which would of generated an actual reply because its actually something i can reply to besides your original statement which lacked anything to think critically about because it was an objectively incorrect assessment of my words birthed of a comprehension issue).

If you are so sure about what you are saying, why use such a dishonest tactic? Why not make a new reply with that new information so that i can give it the proper response it deserves?

So again, what did I say that was false? You have yet to answer that.