Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    1.They always leave out flying so that you can enjoy the scenery
    people still enjoy dark landscapes with green fel taint?

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    People are talking about immersion etc and it doesn't make any sense that there is zero threat when flying. Especially when we're flighting demons. You can get attacked on a ground mount but you're untouchable on a flying mount. Do I prefer flying? Yes, but I'd like there to be some kind if element making it dangerous to fly in certain areas.
    That's because they are mostly hypocrits, they don't give a shit about immersion, they want fast and easy travel.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

An mmo forum poster is unhappy about everything. I am in shocked.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It always amazes me that the first reaction WoW players have it to either tell people to unsub/not play or that WoW apparently just isn't for them anymore. The first one eventually ends with no bloody players in an MMORPG while the second one is a catch all to lay any and all blame with a player and thus saying Blizzard are never at fault for their design choices. You people baffle with with your logic.
    Put it this way then what does someone do then if they no longer enjoy the game? To persevere in a game someone does not find enjoyable is asking for punishment so to speak.. And well it looks like Blizzard are not going to change their minds fast anytime soon..

So you have to ask yourself what do you do, persevere in the game hating every moment of it or unsub sending a message to Blizzard about your disdain of what they have done to the game..

People are talking about immersion etc and it doesn't make any sense that there is zero threat when flying. Especially when we're flighting demons. You can get attacked on a ground mount but you're untouchable on a flying mount. Do I prefer flying? Yes, but I'd like there to be some kind if element making it dangerous to fly in certain areas.
    But why? Like I said before, travel isn't gameplay, it's what you do between gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Maybe WoW just isn't for you anymore?
    I love this quote. I see it so frequently on these forums. Let's make the game better by encouraging subs to go down!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You are not forced to play it then.
    What does that have to do with the price of apples in Kazakhstan? My point still holds.

If I asked you to do 100 mathematical equations but said I don't want you to use a calculator just for the sake of it, would that not be unnecessarily tedious for the sake of tedium?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    But why? Like I said before, travel isn't gameplay, it's what you do between gameplay.
    It's an essential part of the game getting from point A to B, so yes its gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I love this quote. I see it so frequently on these forums. Let's make the game better by encouraging subs to go down!
    What is good is subjective. I like the way flying is handled and I think it came too soon in Legion, though I would prefer if they reworked flying completly.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Like why couldn't they have designed the zone around having a flying mount, areas with AA guns we have to disable to fly for a set amount of time. I mean we earned flying why not build around that fact instead of ignoring it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the terrain is annoying I don't have any problems navigating and I'm a DK

What does that have to do with the price of apples in Kazakhstan? My point still holds.

If I asked you to do 100 mathematical equations but said I don't want you to use a calculator just for the sake of it, would that not be unnecessarily tedious for the sake of tedium?
    My point holds as well, flying travel shouldn't remove you from game.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Comes full circle to my time:reward ratio comment. The ground isn't dangerous, it's trivial, the only thing it provides is resistance to the goal. Resistance free of reward. The mobs between me and the quest/objective/dungeon/raid I'm trying to get to are almost exclusively useless and void of rewards. Why should I have to kill them? I'm the archmage and I have dragons.
    they're the legion, they have generals, soldiers, lieutenants etc.

flying up to colonel big balls, dropping in and killing him, then fucking off, is not going to stop all the people under his control - his soldiers, from continuing to do their thing. it's like expecting al'qaeda to vanish because we killed bin laden.

WoW may be a video game, but it's reflective of the real world. which is why blizzard changed quests from "kill X lieutenant" to "kill X lieutenant and 15 soldiers" because people would just fly over the soldiers, kill the lieutenant and expect epic rewards for doing absolutely fuck all. especially when all you need to do is tag the target with 1 hit.

i guess blizz would be perfect in your eyes if they removed all trash mobs and made the entire world bosses only - but then who does the grunt work? how would stuff actually happen? you can't just fly in on a dragon and expect an army to crumble because you killed the general. that shit just doesn't happen and you shouldn't be rewarded for lazy gameplay. this is called entitlement and it's literally seeping from your post.

this is also why people are telling you to stop playing, as some kind of console game would probably suit you better. from the sounds of it, you really dont like the RPG part of WoW as an MMORPG.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Maybe try and read what I posted after which expands on it.

Why force yourself to play something if you don't enjoy it anymore? Especially if you try countless times?

It's an unhealthy attitude.

It's an essential part of the game getting from point A to B, so yes its gameplay.
    That was implied context with my previous replies. I am referring to meaningful content with worthwhile rewards. Flying from A to B has no reward, killing trivial mobs that drop vendor trash has no reward therefore it is not meaningful or compelling content. Artificially inflating the time it takes to get to the meaningful content by way of mobs and dismount mechanics doesn't make it better, it makes it tedious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    My point holds as well, flying travel shouldn't remove you from game.
    Thank you for replying to my comment and not just quoting yourself again. /s

When travel has meaningful rewards I will accept the danger, until then it is objectively tedious for the sake of tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    1.They always leave out flying so that you can enjoy the scenery
    This bullshit again. How blind can you be to enjoy the scenery more from the ground than you do from the air?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Its the same garbage. Hardly any content, stretched out to look bigger by WQ, timegates and no flying.
    Pretty much. I mean they could remove the time-gates(except the raid) give us flying and some content that we can't blow through in 30 mins and then we can call it a complete patch.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    they're the legion, they have generals, soldiers, lieutenants etc.

flying up to colonel big balls, dropping in and killing him, then fucking off, is not going to stop all the people under his control - his soldiers, from continuing to do their thing. it's like expecting al'qaeda to vanish because we killed bin laden.
    What does that have to do with not wanting to fight mobs that serve no purpose other than to drop vendor items?

WoW may be a video game, but it's reflective of the real world. which is why blizzard changed quests from "kill X lieutenant" to "kill X lieutenant and 15 soldiers" because people would just fly over the soldiers, kill the lieutenant and expect epic rewards for doing absolutely fuck all. especially when all you need to do is tag the target with 1 hit.
    That's fine, I'm happy to kill the boss and the trash needed for the objective, I'm talking about the nameless faceless trash that dismounts you on your journey to the quest. Keep up with the conversation if you are going to jump in mid way.

i guess blizz would be perfect in your eyes if they removed all trash mobs and made the entire world bosses only - but then who does the grunt work? how would stuff actually happen? you can't just fly in on a dragon and expect an army to crumble because you killed the general. that shit just doesn't happen and you shouldn't be rewarded for lazy gameplay. this is called entitlement and it's literally seeping from your post.
    Assumption and strawmans, not a good basis for conversation.

this is also why people are telling you to stop playing, as some kind of console game would probably suit you better. from the sounds of it, you really dont like the RPG part of WoW as an MMORPG.
    Wow has never been a real RPG. Also people don't get to tell me what to do, you don't know what game is "good for me" or what not. Also just because something is a certain way doesn't serve as justification for it remaining that way.

Is this a discussion forum or a "quit wow if you don't agree with the status quo" forum? Honestly if you are going to tell me to unsub don't bother typing to me because I'm just going to put you on my ignore list. Everything you said before your high and might blizzard apologist console bashing petty bullshit is meaningless.

Have a nice life, it's sad to see that you're incapable of having a discussion on a discussion forum, maybe this just isn't for you, maybe something like 4chan image spam would suit you better, from the sounds of it you don't really like the discussion part of the discussion forum.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-08-31 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Its the same garbage. Hardly any content, stretched out to look bigger by WQ, timegates and no flying.
    WQs are just dailies, same shit since TBC.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post

This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment". What a pathetic patch.

/endrant
    What's pathetic is your unsubstantiated whine, and you're an example of a pathetically behaving, jaded person who keeps preoccupying themselves with something they're not even able to enjoy, because they're too busy being a miserable person and because they wouldn't know what else to do with their uninspired life. Why don't you unsub?