Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Been playing for 11 years and honestly though, if you find this discomfort in your gaming experience an annoyance, this isnt the game for you anymore. Also if you were able to fly, youll get bored of the content right away. So pick your poison.

Deleted
    OP. I also think you should unsub. I mean look at the reactions you are getting. I don't think you want to play a multiplayer game where the fandom thinks you are an entitled whiner if you wan't decently done zones. Pick an MMO with less toxic fans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Been playing for 11 years and honestly though, if you find this discomfort in your gaming experience an annoyance, this isnt the game for you anymore. Also if you were able to fly, youll get bored of the content right away. So pick your poison.
    Not flying makes me bored of the content far quicker so I'll pick the flying poison. Not even having a flight whistle type thing is the icing on the shit cake.

One thing that would be cool would be a stacking buff that affected your aggro radius. Kill a demon, add stacks and duration to your buff. Kill a shitload of demons, and they leave you alone a little bit, or at least dont aggro from a mile off and suck in adds like a black hole. The longer you avoid combat, the more stacks drop off, and the harder it is to continue to avoid combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Comes full circle to my time:reward ratio comment. The ground isn't dangerous, it's trivial, the only thing it provides is resistance to the goal. Resistance free of reward. The mobs between me and the quest/objective/dungeon/raid I'm trying to get to are almost exclusively useless and void of rewards. Why should I have to kill them? I'm the archmage and I have dragons.
    Ground shouldn't be trivial and neither should be the skies, both should be deadly and dangerous. The only location where you should be completely safe is city or base.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Also if you were able to fly, youll get bored of the content right away. So pick your poison.
    This implies that no-fly is a intentional time gating mechanic.

OP, I definitely agree the layout is shit, starting to know it now after running my 2nd toon thru. Wondering if there will be more transport points down to the zones. Also not a fan of missions showing up on map.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Ground shouldn't be trivial and neither should be the skies, both should be deadly and dangerous. The only location where you should be completely safe is city or base.
    I respectfully disagree, travel shouldn't be difficult at all, the objectives should be.

Remember the times when there was no map in quest log and you had to know the terrain and names of the locations?

Yea, OP doesn't. Otherwise he won't be crying about how hard it is to get to stuff he has marked on his map ,mere 2 days after the patch dropped...

Deleted
    stop speaking for others ? flying makes the Game way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrahn View Post
    Remember the times when there was no map in quest log and you had to know the terrain and names of the locations?

Yea, OP doesn't. Otherwise he won't be crying about how hard it is to get to stuff he has marked on his map ,mere 2 days after the patch dropped...
    Just because there are starving kids in Africa doesn't mean I don't get hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Every single zone in the game should be a flat square with no interesting terrain, buildings or objects because I want to be able to auto run without running into anything ever. I need to be able to play the game while watching Netflix on the other monitor and eating takeaway.

/s
    Oh this pebble that I clip on is sooooooo fucking interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I respectfully disagree, travel shouldn't be difficult at all, the objectives should be.
    If you travel on a ground mount you do get attacked, if you travel on a flying one, nothing attacks you. It's plain stupid to have safe skies in a game where you got dragons, giant eagles, demons with fel cannons etc. That's why I'm saying that current iteration of flying is not good and sould be completely reworked.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

If you travel on a ground mount you do get attacked, if you travel on a flying one, nothing attacks you. It's plain stupid to have safe skies in a game where you got dragons, giant eagles, demons with fel cannons etc. That's why I'm saying that current iteration of flying is not good and sould be completely reworked.
    In TBC there were areas were you got dismounted if you got attacked while flying. I don't see why we can't have something like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Someone who doesn't realize 7.3 brought about 30 minutes worth of content so far is biased beyond repair...
    This, 30mins per week man cause making you wait a week is much better than just giving it all at once

I agree. Second day of Argus and I really have no desire to go their back again. Beautiful scenery, atrocious zone design.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Seems like Blizzard go out of their way to annoy players.

First there's no flying on Argus.
    If the reason is so we could experience Argus world on foot, I get it.

But Blizzard make Argus like a freaking maze. The map doesn't show paths to certain areas. It gets annoying when the quest location is just beside you on the map but you need to walk one big round across the ledge to get to it. Wild goose chase for chests that are hidden behind objects, on mountains etc. We have no way of zooming out to see a mountain range or hill in its entirety, so finding the path to a chest is a guessing game... Why are maps becoming LESS detailed with time? If they don´t want to give us flying, at least they should make exploring on foot enjoyable and go back to detailed maps.

And I'm getting pretty sick of the dull green/fel worlds. You won't give us flying, but you also did not make questing on Argus bearable. It hurts my eyes to look at the terrain, keep getting lost, in this arbitrary terrain difficulty. The terrain is so poorly done that it's amateur. I've gotten stuck in ridges/craters so many times that my hearthstone has been on cooldown and I've had to use the unstuck feature repeatedly. Rocks and hills clip into each other. Moving very short distances on the map takes an excessively long time because of how inconveniently the zone is laid out.

The ground is a sea of trash mobs, some of whom can chain fear you. Once a pull goes badly I can either die or try to run entirely out of the zone, because there are almost no "safe spots." It feels like Blizzard wants us to kill useless mobs just to make us spend more time playing. Mounting up in this zone is a challenge in its own right...

The quest text is also nonexistent. Several world quests name strange objectives with no explanation of what they are, some quests fail to mention that they cannot be completed at certain times (ie if a camp has been destroyed), and some quest chains are simply hidden off to the side. I relied heavily on WoWhead to complete Argus.

This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment". What a pathetic patch.

/endrant
    Argus isnt the issue. the issue is you have been playing wow for so long that you are getting bored with it. take a break from wow or unsub.. The game is fine

I understand what you are saying, I just said I disagree.

To clarify, the reason I want to fly over mobs is not because I hate WoW, it's because the mobs I'm flying over are worthless, they don't provide me with a reason to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    In TBC there were areas were you got dismounted if you got attacked while flying. I don't see why we can't have something like that again.
    Exactly, opposite faction guard on tower in hellfire or fel cannons over various location.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The ground is a sea of trash mobs, some of whom can chain fear you. Once a pull goes badly I can either die or try to run entirely out of the zone, because there are almost no "safe spots." It feels like Blizzard wants us to kill useless mobs just to make us spend more time playing. Mounting up in this zone is a challenge in its own right...
    I don't know if you noticed this or not but.

YOU'RE ON THE HOME WORLD OF THE LEGION.

Of course there is going of be enemies everywhere, we just INVADED their planet! Hostile Territory. There isn't supposed to be "safe places"