Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Succubus are the frustration release
    LMAOo......

But they are endless. It's so many patches now and they are still going.

Because this is how Blizzard default to writing villains. That's really all there is to it. It's incredibly dull and one-note, but that's the reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Because its was a trap detheroc had already infiltrated stormwind intelligence and told them the broken shore wasnt fortified yet.

You can thank class quests for missing that important storyline that only rogues see

- - - Updated - - -

What there are factiona and a heiraechy.

Eredar are the generals
    Pit lords are field commanders
    Nathrezim are the infiltration and commanders
    Shivvara are religious leaders
    Felguards are shock troopers
    Morag are the engineers
    Succubus are the frustration release
    Inquisitors are jailers or interrogation

- - - Updated - - -

Archimonde dead. Mannoroth dead, Tichondrius reforming slow as fuck without argus after 7.3.5, Balnazzar dead, varimathras dead in antorus, kiljaeden dead, talgath dead, mephistroth dead.

Magtheridon probably got the varimathras treatment for his humiliation and killed on Argus by the shivvara coven
    Everybody says Archimonde is dead, but the endgame video clearly shows he dies away from TN...
    Mannoroth the same..The 1. Mannoroth died by Grom, but it was not in TN either...2. Mannoroth (the alternate timeline) died by our hands but still, not in TN (I know they are dead by role, but hate when it does not adds up..or did I miss something?)
    Balnazzar? Lead the attack against Netherlight Temple..and died permanently as the Temple is in TN. Kil`jaeden dead for sure but Mephistroth is not dead either and Talgath is in TN as far I know...

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Everybody says Archimonde is dead, but the endgame video clearly shows he dies away from TN...
    Mannoroth the same..The 1. Mannoroth died by Grom, but it was not in TN either...2. Mannoroth (the alternate timeline) died by our hands but still, not in TN (I know they are dead by role, but hate when it does not adds up..or did I miss something?)
    Balnazzar? Lead the attack against Netherlight Temple..and died permanently as the Temple is in TN. Kil`jaeden dead for sure but Mephistroth is not dead either and Talgath is in TN as far I know...

Archimonde is dead your wrong
    Mannoroths soul being ripped from the nether before it could be reborn was a double whammy so probably dead

Deleted
    The writing is just terrible tbh.

The reason that they are immortal and have sargeras on their side is a bad reason for their overconfidence. Sargeras would demand efficiency, so far the legion has been anything but efficient.
    - The simple fact that Kil'jaeden is dead (such a shame), goes 100% against KJ his personality, he would never have been there in the first place.
    - The legion is still dealing with resistance on Argus, their own planet, a place where they can be killed permanently, yet don't bother killing everyone there, they could even nuke the resistances!! also it's the most annoying place for troop movement like they couldn't have asked a bunch of wyrmtongues to get rid of those mountains over 25000 years.
    - Many demons have died during their invasions. Claiming to your enemies you are undefeatable and then losing to those enemies will only rally your enemy instead of making them give up. If you really are undefeatable, you wouldn't have to tell them, it wouldn't matter, especially if they see us as insects. (Have you ever taunted an ant before crushing it?)

Doesn't help that we haven't even been introduced to a new legion character with the same rank as archimonde and kil'jaeden, so much for their infinite army. They can't even send a general to defend their "homeworld".
    To continue with that point, how aren't we being just crushed by the legion on argus right now? as we know they have portals from where they invade connected to argus, so why aren't they able to recall all their troops and just crush us?
    And lastly, if Sargeras is busy recreating the pantheon for the legion, why the fuck would he have started this invasion on Azeroth, the planet he lost twice against already.

Tldr: The legion is nothing but scary anymore by their own doing (claiming they are amazing, but still losing). The legion is inefficient and they come over as inept at everything for an army that has existed for over 25000 years with a leader that has lived before draenei even invented fire. It's lazy writing with no depth.
    Last edited by mmoc911be2cf14; 2017-09-01 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    The writing is just terrible tbh.

The reason that they are immortal and have sargeras on their side is a bad reason for their overconfidence. Sargeras would demand efficiency, so far the legion has been anything but efficient.
    - The simple fact that Kil'jaeden is dead (such a shame), goes 100% against KJ his personality, he would never have been there in the first place.
    - The legion is still dealing with resistance on Argus, their own planet, a place where they can be killed permanently, yet don't bother killing everyone there, they could even nuke the resistances!! also it's the most annoying place for troop movement like they couldn't have asked a bunch of wyrmtongues to get rid of those mountains over 25000 years.
    - Many demons have died during their invasions. Claiming to your enemies you are undefeatable and then losing to those enemies will only rally your enemy instead of making them give up. If you really are undefeatable, you wouldn't have to tell them, it wouldn't matter, especially if they see us as insects. (Have you ever taunted an ant before crushing it?)

Doesn't help that we haven't even been introduced to a new legion character with the same rank as archimonde and kil'jaeden, so much for their infinite army. They can't even send a general to defend their "homeworld".
    To continue with that point, how aren't we being just crushed by the legion on argus right now? as we know they have portals from where they invade connected to argus, so why aren't they able to recall all their troops and just crush us?
    And lastly, if Sargeras is busy recreating the pantheon for the legion, why the fuck would he have started this invasion on Azeroth, the planet he lost twice against already.

Tldr: The legion is nothing but scary anymore by their own doing (claiming they are amazing, but still losing). The legion is inefficient and they come over as inept at everything for an army that has existed for over 25000 years with a leader that has lived before draenei even invented fire. It's lazy writing with no depth.
    It's the same for every game, and every franchise. The bad guys always lose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's the same for every game, and every franchise. The bad guys always lose.
    But they could at least have made the enemy look competent. We haven't lost once besides the first battle, an ambush. And we haven't even felt any effects from the deaths of the 2 leaders and Tirion since then. I never found it enjoyable to play chess against a 5 year old personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because Warlords proved that other dimensions exist so there are many many many more baddies to recruit

I am torn on this.
    On one hand, overconfidence due to endless victories would make anyone at least a bit blinder and arrogant to reality, they also havent had a reason to change tactics (mostly, but not always, just overrun everone with endless army, hence Legion) and possibly they havent encountered a lot of our level opponents. We have been given a lot of power, so they might think we are just some fluke, one in a million, which will break if they just do the same a bit more.
    On the other they have won for tens of thousands of years. Everyone has failed to stop them, no exceptions. Most importantly, they are led by someone who cannot lose and cannot be stopped - there is nothing that can kill Sargeras (I am not talking about how 7.3 ends, but the situation from past until this point), the victory is assured, time and resources do not matter, because at the end either demons will overrun the resistance or the Sargeras will arrive and end it all with just one swing. And now, on the Argus, place where they are supposed to die for real, they do not, because again, Sargeras.

Blizzard could improve the writing, that's for sure, but let's see how this plays out. I am kinda affraid that if the next expansion will be about void, then the aftermath of Legion's destruction will not be really told.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    blizzard has given up on the lore i think at this point.
    -Everyone, since the beginning of time, because their headcanons never became true.

With the major retcon that was Warlords of Draenor, the Demons seem to have their minds wiped that everytime they've faced us, we triumph with huge asspulls. Everytime the demons come to Azeroth, you'd think they'd be nervously waiting for a dragon with a golden disc or a army of suicide wisps to fly over and murder them all.

The demons really have no boasting rights on Azeroth, the planet that has repelled Sargeras and Archimonde numerous times and now KJ twice. If it wasn't for the retcon, the Legion was just a remnant of it's former self with KJ as the leader.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are Fanatics led by a God that have destroyed countless Worlds for thousands of years?

What other reason does it need. All these people talking about how Blizzard can't write and lore is stupid. you realise THIS IS EXACTLY how they should be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Because they are Fanatics led by a God that have destroyed countless Worlds for thousands of years?

What other reason does it need. All these people talking about how Blizzard can't write and lore is stupid. you realise THIS IS EXACTLY how they should be?
    The legion aren't fanatics and they have personalities, blizzard just decided to forget that they aren't a hive mind.
    The fact that they are being led by Sargeras should mean that they wouldn't be arrogant since that has been many of them their downfal and they would have been punished accordingly. Sargeras his goal is to stop the void, he has no time for a bunch of morons getting themselves killed because of hubris.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about this last night and... they should be. We should lose here.

Remember the scenario where Guldan summons all of those elite demons, ones we thought we'd killed for good? They can infinitely regenerate while every death we suffer means a permanent loss.

But we HAVE to win... so they invade one zone at a time and we never see those elite named demons again for the most part. They NEVER win an invasion... they retreat and mostly don't press on. Instead of using their overwhelming numbers, they pause and let us catch our breath. And we win against every single boss, even the most formidable.

So, face it, in any real conflict with them having the power and numbers they do, Azeroth is toast. That we defeat them is utterly artificial because that's the nature of the game.

I actually think Blizzard over-emphasized the Legion's qualities - it makes the victory seem incredibly unlikely and stilted since we never really have a good explanation for their utter lack of competence (hi, why didn't they send about 100 ships against Dalaran again and obliterate it?) or for our lack of forces (We send ONE ship to Argus, the Vindicar. From the quest text it's pretty obvious that Velen and other leaders feel we're overmatched and outnumbered, hence making nice with Hatuun, etc). The vaunted Army of the Light? They have ONE MORE ship and it's brought down with a single shot - this is the army that has fought for 1000 years? Please...

10+ Year Old Account
    And, well, let's be honest here. We're not going to kill sargeras. He's too powerful.

The legion are invincible so long that Sargeras is in the game. It's the sad reality of the legion and Azeroth, to some extent.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Sorry I'm not great with lore, but name me one powerful leader we've killed. I don't mean "defeated", I mean "killed".

AFAIK with my limited lore knowledge, we've killed a whopping 0. Defeated plenty of them (some of the same guys more than once, such as Archimonde and Kil'jaeden both have been defeated twice), but never killed.

If you can't kill them, they can't really be stopped. The same goes for the thousands if not millions of demons your character has slain by now. You've killed zero demons, only temporarily stopped them.

So yeah, that's why they're pretty overconfident.
    Well, Archimonde is a bit iffy on whether or not he died in the Nether. And it has been said that any place sufficiently saturated with Nether energies will do, not just the Nether itself.

Still, that's pretty much it. Only now that we're actually damaging infrastructure on Argus are we doing anything that has actual lasting impact on them. The have good reason to be confident, and are not at all overconfident. Up until recently, we couldn't even actually attack anything worth of notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    And, well, let's be honest here. We're not going to kill sargeras. He's too powerful.

The legion are invincible so long that Sargeras is in the game. It's the sad reality of the legion and Azeroth, to some extent.
    Except... we do win. We end the threat, pretty much forever. Sure, they could technically bring the threat back but... that would be a cheesy, terrible move that indicates they're out of ideas, much like a Lich King 2 expansion would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, Archimonde is a bit iffy on whether or not he died in the Nether. And it has been said that any place sufficiently saturated with Nether energies will do, not just the Nether itself..
    And Illidan confirms that during a couple of quests where he says that any demon who dies here (on Argus) dies its final death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Except... we do win. We end the threat, pretty much forever. Sure, they could technically bring the threat back but... that would be a cheesy, terrible move that indicates they're out of ideas, much like a Lich King 2 expansion would be.
    If by winning, you mean emprisoning Sargeras, then you have a short memory about what happened to the last bad guy we've emprisoned.

Sargeras is an overwhelmingly powerful foe. I doubt that defeating him is impossible for mere mortals. The legion will exist as long that he's alive, emprisoned or not. We'll certainly deal a devastating blow to the legion, but they won't suddenly vanish out of existence. Otherwise, Warlocks would be sad.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    If by winning, you mean emprisoning Sargeras, then you have a short memory about what happened to the last bad guy we've emprisoned.

Sargeras is an overwhelmingly powerful foe. I doubt that defeating him is impossible for mere mortals. The legion will exist as long that he's alive, emprisoned or not. We'll certainly deal a devastating blow to the legion, but they won't suddenly vanish out of existence. Otherwise, Warlocks would be sad.
    He's done. Gone at least for any reasonable timeframe where our characters exist. Might he escape in 10,000 years? Yeah and so what? We're all dead by then.

The legion is also done. We take away their infinite regeneration tool and without leaders, they're not much of a threat. In story terms, in WoW, the Burning Legion is a done story. Sure, Blizz has left themselves a bolthole, but if they use it, they're just recycling stories and at that point it would indicate that WoW as a franchise is done as well and in maintenance mode. The expansion where we go Lich King 2.0, Sargeras Escapes, etc is where it will be really apparent that they've stopped caring and aren't going to tell more new stories.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-09-01 at 02:08 AM.