Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I'd be down for a pre-shattering expansion.
    Yeah same, lots of cool lore from that Era.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I'd be ok with Caverns of Time style time travel ie someone's attempting to fuck with time. Solve it.

The AU however I have a much bigger issue with. Demons are multi-dimensional being but mortals aren't. So are there presumably versions of our heroes who are demons, because surely in one time line we turned to Fel etc. The Legion operates in all of them but titans exist only in one so has the Legion killed titans in all realities or just ours. Presumably so are world souls are native to one dimension so does the Legion have infinite Argus World souls? They must have atleast 2 ours and Iron Argus. 5 mins of brain storming issues with AUs
    There are no versions of our heroes as demons, to my understanding. Once one goes Demon fully all go demon.

- - - Updated - - -

If Draenor was cause by a failed stoppage of the Infinite Dragonflight that lead to a secondary timeline (which it kinda was, but highly overrated) ... it could have done a cross time event ... but it was done poorly. They could have done so much more with WoD.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    So, a red herring or pre-shattering Azeroth Xpack confirmed?
    Neither. Zin-Azshari was just the largest city at the time, so the most likely to be visible.

Also, blizzquote. Looks better than just turning the text blue.

Without really looking at the source and context, I don't see that as much of an indication for major future storylines, but more of a contemplative statement of thought.

Time-travel and alternate universes are ok in small doses (a dungeon, hub, or raid tier) but it gets bad when it's overused, and I think WoW is nearing saturation with that stuff. I think it really waters down the characters and settings, and damages the focus of the narratives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    There are no versions of our heroes as demons, to my understanding. Once one goes Demon fully all go demon.

- - - Updated - - -

If Draenor was cause by a failed stoppage of the Infinite Dragonflight that lead to a secondary timeline (which it kinda was, but highly overrated) ... it could have done a cross time event ... but it was done poorly. They could have done so much more with WoD.

Well ok on the demon front. But all the other points stand. Assuming Sargeras counts as a demon now there's one of him vs literally infinite pantheons.

That maybe could have worked and id be happy for an expansion along those lines. But WoD and it's ridiculous don't count the grass rule

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    It was not. Everything that happened in WoD, it was meant to happen in WoD. It was not a re-tell of some "awesome characters" in a way that we know them by the lore.
    Yes and I disliked the retelling. It shat on some well known characters imo. Such as Grom, Orgrim and Durotan.

This is just my 2 cents though so just see it as that mate. I understand if people like the lore but to me WoD was just meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's quite the opposite. Both Comic Book franchises(Marvel and DC) have multiverses to do different versions of earth to play out differently. WoD is definitely weird but certainly not out of the ordinary when it comes to different timelines.
    Yes, but these are clearly "what if" storylines which happen independently from the main continuity like 99,9% of the time. WoD was very different, because it had direct effect on the Legion storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am quite sure I said it was not retelling. And ok.
    Yeah just noticed haha. Sorry man tired as hell today

Happy to admit I misread.

I mean I understand those who like the WoD lore and I would never tell them not to. But for me it just didn't click. Every character felt kind of underwhelming.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-01 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    War of the Ancients expansion is all I've ever wanted.

Is it likely to happen though? No, definitely not.

World of Warcraft: The Burning Paradox

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah just noticed haha. Sorry man tired as hell today

Happy to admit I misread.

I mean I understand those who like the WoD lore and I would never tell them not to. But for me it just didn't click. Every character felt kind of underwhelming.
    The Warlords were killed off too fast IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Warlords were killed off too fast IMO.
    Agreed. Ner'zhul and Bladefist just went way too quick. And the Thunderlord one was just demoted to a quest mob. One of the lower points of Frostfire imo.

Orgrim despite not being a Warlord had a really shit death imo.

I think blizz has learned enough of their mistakes to leave at least one expansion inbetween two "elf" expansion. If anynthing, this makes me think of current day Zin-ashari

Considering the Well of Eternity was already a Dungeon and Legion was, essentially, War of the Ancients 2, I'd say the likelihood of a time travel expansion to the original War of the Ancients is near zero. We are also unlikely to see Demons as the main villains of an expansion for a long time after Legion.

It may have been a subtle hint to Naz'jatar resurfacing in the future, or it may have just been an off-handed reference to what was once the largest city mortals had ever built. I very much doubt it was a hint at a War of the Ancients time travel expansion, though.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University