Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I'm equally pissed off that no one immediately tried to help her by pulling the cop off or otherwise get in his way.
    In the US that's how you get shot even if you're not a minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That could be counted as assaulting an officer of the law.

Better to let her be arrested and deal with him later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    In the US that's how you get shot even if you're not a minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Assaulting an officer, even during a wrongful arrest, is a dumb idea.
    And that's when you know the Police have too much power. Just need to take that away with "Defense of an Innocent" being a thing.

Becasue you can't assault them? Weird position to take.
    I didn't even suggest punching them or anything like that initially. You can resist by standing in his way or just pulling him away from her. But everyone else decided to bring it to the "Assault" category and not being able to defend your rights seems really weird to me.

But then again, I live in Canada, so a Police state is a foreign concept to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    These dumb, cocksucking fascists hate being told no. It just wrecks their whole authority trip.
    You can hear his voice literally shaking after being told 'no.' This is a grown man throwing a tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    None of which you should do in Canada either, so lose the bullshit.
    Well, we're not a Police State, so how is that bullshit?

I mean... we don't have quotas to fulfill or Prison populations to keep up.

I also may be a little sore since a Cop nearly shot me as a child for no justifiable reason whatsoever.

She told them the patient needed to be under arrest, so they arrested her.

?????

Oh cry me a damn river about how terrible the evil US is and how wonderful it is for you in Canada, where apparently you could interfere with an arrest and nothing would happen because it's so wonderful.

Use your fucking head before you spout off, damn. No one cares about your PTSD from police in the US.
    But I am using my head... How else could I move my fingers and perceive images of text on a screen?

And considering what is happening in the US right now... let me put this in terms you might understand...

"The US is full of Murders and Rapists, and I believe some people are good too, but mostly Murderers and Rapists"

I mean, if the US was truly better than Canada do you think I'd still be living here?

(Also, it's easy to piss you off, apparently)
    Last edited by Baelic; 2017-09-02 at 01:13 AM.

1. This topic has nothing to do with Trump.
    2. It does not make all cops criminals, no matter how hard you try.
    3. It's pretty obvious how this case will end. Only question is what punishment will he receive?
    P.S.
    Theoretically, you can lawfully resist arrest in some cases, if I am not mistaken. Diplomatic immunity comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Not very surprising. Peoples rights in Trumps America mean nothing, just as he showed with the Arpaio pardon.
    BAM!
    Trumped before the 10th post.

Ever on to topic...
    Those photos don't bode too well for the police. Somehow I don't think the entire story is being told though.
    In the end she wasn't charged because she was in the right. She did the right thing and cooperated with the police and didn't fight them. If she had fought them she could have been in trouble for resisting arrest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Oh cry me a damn river about how terrible the evil US is and how wonderful it is for you in Canada, where apparently you could interfere with an arrest and nothing would happen because it's so wonderful.

Use your fucking head before you spout off, damn. No one cares about your PTSD from police in the US.

Here, use your fucking head with this. It's a vet whistleblower cop talking about why they're doing it. Basically it's coming from the top as a way to get promoted and to feed the prison complex:

MICHAEL WOOD: Again, no one should be surprised, and this a more example of, I think there's this really really high rate of criminality among policing which shouldn't shock us because of this culture we continually talk about. At one point in time I had realized that in my tenure, right around I was about ten years into Baltimore Police Department, I realized that I had known over a hundred cops that had been arrested and tried for some kind of event on duty or off duty getting arrested, whether it was DUIs or racketeering or the towing scandal or murder, and these things shouldn't at all surprise us. But there was 3,000 cops, and that was a hundred people that I knew. That's way higher than the average citizen would be. That's way higher than their criminality rate. We don't ever catch, we don't catch citizens at a very high rate. So what do we catch cops at? That has to be an even lower rate that we catch police at.

So how much is this really going on? And how the heck did I not see a lot of those kind of things that were occurring when it was happening right next to me. A lot of this goes back to these gun trace task forces, and I've talked about the gun trace task force before. And let's talk about those puppet masters again. When I talked about these and I watched them do this, these gun trace task forces go from car stop to car stop, they search things, they have money, the root through everybody's cars and houses, and they write search warrants, and they're constantly pressured to do this.

There's a selection process. They take the cops from patrol who arrest the most people, and when you arrest the most people and you're doing the most reports you're usually doing the most short cutting and the most corruptions to put as many people in prison if that's your goal. So they end up picking from patrol, the people who lock up the most. And skirt the most rules. Then they take from those people and they make them street enforcers. And then those street enforcers, they take the best out of that and the best out of that until you get to these gun trace task forces, which is essentially a selection process for the ability to be completely corrupt and then put many people in prison as possible without getting caught. That is essentially their job.
    http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?...&jumival=19905

So it isn't just a few "bad apples". It looks to be systemic and it needs to stop.

I'm equally pissed off that no one immediately tried to help her by pulling the cop off or otherwise get in his way.
    If I see a police officer arresting someone I sure as hell am not going to help the person getting arrested. That is a good way to get yourself put in jail.
    If anything I am going to help the officer if I see they are in trouble. And only if they are trouble. Otherwise, I am going to stay out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    If I see a police officer arresting someone I sure as hell am not going to help the person getting arrested. That is a good way to get yourself put in jail.
    If anything I am going to help the officer if I see they are in trouble. And only if they are trouble. Otherwise, I am going to stay out of it.
    I guess it depends on how your perceive your Police force.

I see them as an inherently oppressive force that must be kept in check, for example. They are supposed to serve us, the people, afterall.

I guess it depends on how your perceive your Police force.

I see them as an inherently oppressive force that must be kept in check, for example. They are supposed to serve us, the people, afterall.
    I see them as protecting us.
    Then again I don't believe everything I read and see on the news. And I also don't believe that a few bad apples spoil the entire bunch. I look at a at glass as being as half full as opposed to many here that perceive it as being half empty. They are held in the captivity of negativity. One day, through experience, they will see the light.
    Enjoy your evening everyone.

7+ Year Old Account

Actually, the other cops should have pulled him off. It seems odd that none of the other officers thought, "Hey, this is wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Reality of the world is apparently hysterical to you. That's precisely what happens when you have practical endorsement from highest office. Or can you explain the rise in hate crimes since Trump? What about all the white supremacists and racists all of a sudden coming out of the woodwork into the spotlight since Trump?

Newsflash: People get bolder if their behavior is endorsed. Deny reality all you want, but it still remains reality.

Or you somehow imagine cops are magically excluded from becoming bolder? Despite the worst of them just receiving a pardon for all the abuse he had done?
    theres always been racists and white supremacists, hint* they all voted for Obama twice. Unless were cryogenic-ally frozen for 8 years and only voted for bush and Trump.
    as for this cop it looks like he did screw up so hopefully he learns from this.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    She told them the patient needed to be under arrest, so they arrested her.

?????
    Indeed, ironically he could then have her blood drawn, but still not the patient's...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Actually, the other cops should have pulled him off. It seems odd that none of the other officers thought, "Hey, this is wrong."
    And that's the real issue with the police throughout the USA.

They back each other up. They shouldn't. A bad cop, abusing their power like this, is a criminal. Other cops in the room need to not just be stopping him from making an unlawful arrest, but arresting him.

If they aren't, they're essentially aiding and abetting. Bystander officers who let this stuff go are bad cops.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, because only the police are allowed to assault people and kidnap them without cause.....

- - - Updated - - -

And to keep them in check you should film their interactions, not assault them.
    So they can assault you for doing so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    theres always been racists and white supremacists, hint* they all voted for Obama twice
    I don't understand how that makes any sense at all. Wouldn't such people vote against Obama?
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-09-02 at 06:13 AM.

So, at what point do we reevaluate how police behave in the US because this is just getting god damn ridiculous.