Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Timegating creates the illusion there is a lot of content. There is so little of it in this patch. They did not even try. Nothing in terms of World PvP (could have been somewhere else other than Argus) or anything.

Also, people tell me that lore comes before gameplay and thats why there are so many mobs on Argus. How about timegating then? On Argus it seems quite ridiculous we have to wait 1 week just to continue our assault or whatever. Where is the argument that lore comes before gameplay there?
    If you actually listened to anything they said, the time gating was to allow you time to get more artifact ranks and to allow you to not have to do much come Sep 12th to get the NC running.

They didn't want people stressing to be at X artifact power and trying to zerg the quest on day 1 before raid time.

It has nothing to do with anything you state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Broken Shore has 11 weeks of time-gated filler-quests, people complain.
    Argus has minimal timegating (by week 3 everything is available, 99% of the story quests in week 2 already) with actual story quests, people complain.

Do you want them to stretch it out over weeks? Its not going to get more content, its just going to take longer for no reason.

Argus definitely has much more content then Broken Shore, both in Story and Repeatables (which aren't available quite yet), its just not gated for almost 3 months.
    Yeah, and it will also last a lot longer than Broken Shore did, I am sure. In that sense there is still very little of it on Argus. And all of it is same old-same old. In the past we at least got some cool features with major patches (that in some cases continued to exist in future expansions). 7.3, however, just has RNG Crucible, the zenith of their hypocrisy when it comes to their unwillingness to bring back reforging because people have to HS to the city in the middle of the raid....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you actually listened to anything they said, the time gating was to allow you time to get more artifact ranks and to allow you to not have to do much come Sep 12th to get the NC running.

They didn't want people stressing to be at X artifact power and trying to zerg the quest on day 1 before raid time.

It has nothing to do with anything you state.
    Yes but still timegating breaks the immersion and runs counter to the lore... Isle of Thunder was timegating done right, even Molten Front... Hell, have players WORK for the next step. This current system is just arbitrary and IN OUR FACE. However, if they went the IoT route they would have to be more diligent and couldnt afford to be so lazy as to just have these blatant cashcow patch schedules.

Again, timegating creates the illusion there is a lot of content. There was barely any in the first week, let´s see on Wednesday what´s coming up.

edit: you believe their explanations? They could have just lowered the requirements to access the NC. Current demands are arbitrary. There is no logical reason why it should open at the point it will.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-09-01 at 01:43 PM.

It's the weeks because people complained. Now people complain in the opposite direction.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That is all that is in 7.3, yes.

It's what you'll have for the next 12 months at least.
    it's not for 12 months. they will likely add extra worldbosses when antorus opens and they have already hinted at 1-2 more minor story/content patches of some sort. then there is the likely valor point or equivalent thing they always do at the end of an expansion.

but yeah its the majority of it.

There was barely any in the first week
    1 main story line.

1 follower quest story line.

Profession quests.

World Quests.

30+ new rare mobs that have daily resets with mounts and pets.

AK 41 making your AP bar actually move at a decent rate from doing all of this content.

But yea, barely any content /s

Did you expect someone to take you serious with that hyperbole? Because only the WoW hating echo chamber will. At this point blizzard could launch a full fledged xpac as a free patch and people like you would claim "there is no content".

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The added confusion with timegating is another factor to it that makes me hate it with passion.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    That is all that is in 7.3, yes.

It's what you'll have for the next 12 months at least.
    That's wrong. In a recent interview, Ion told there is more story to tell in Legion after Antorus. That means we can expect up to 1 decent/big patch or 2 minor patches that will keep us busy meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    That's wrong. In a recent interview, Ion told there is more story to tell in Legion after Antorus. That means we can expect up to 1 decent/big patch or 2 minor patches that will keep us busy meanwhile.
    He siad nothing of the sort. He did say that 7.3 was the last large patch of this expansion however.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Especially with them dropping 930 loot
    only the greater invasion has the world boss that drops 930 loot. you can do it once a week.

No, Argus campaign last 30 minutes but unlocks in 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I remember patches actually offering content and not this time gated illusion of content. Maybe I'm wrong though...
    Nah youre probably remembering wrong. AQ patch had gated content, as did sunwell. Some other examples are Trial of the champion firelands patch with the molten front etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    1 main story line.

1 follower quest story line.

Profession quests.

World Quests.

30+ new rare mobs that have daily resets with mounts and pets.

AK 41 making your AP bar actually move at a decent rate from doing all of this content.

But yea, barely any content /s

Did you expect someone to take you serious with that hyperbole? Because only the WoW hating echo chamber will. At this point blizzard could launch a full fledged xpac as a free patch and people like you would claim "there is no content".
    I want to be overwhelmed on patch day, not be finished in a few hours. Rares rarely drop anything of value.

I want to be overwhelmed on patch day
    The patch you claim you want never existed in WoW. This is as big as a patch has been, trying to argue otherwise is just going to lead to people not taking you serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    This convinces even more that they are preparing something for the old zones with world quests etc, they are probably making the entire game arcade-style like diablo 3 where all areas will be always relevant and people won't depend on new content
    There's no reason for them to revamp leveling content when they are selling max level boosts.

Deleted
    He siad nothing of the sort. He did say that 7.3 was the last large patch of this expansion however.
    '' Antorus is the final "Big raid" of Legion; while Ion wouldn't directly say it was the final raid, he said it was unlikely there'd be a small Ruby Sanctum type raid. Ion did say there is still more story to tell in Legion though! ''

Source: wowhead

'' Antorus is the final "Big raid" of Legion; while Ion wouldn't directly say it was the final raid, he said it was unlikely there'd be a small Ruby Sanctum type raid. Ion did say there is still more story to tell in Legion though! ''

Source: wowhead
    Yes and then at gamescon he said that there might be a few small story patches, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I remember patches actually offering content and not this time gated illusion of content. Maybe I'm wrong though...
    so argus is no content? alright
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Yes and then at gamescon he said that there might be a few small story patches, nothing more.
    Meaning it's still something and there is something to possibly expect, was wrong of you to say that we'll have 7.3 until next expansion.
    + I doubt it'd actually be that small, probably stuff like chromie scenario which imo is nice content.

Meaning it's still something and there is something to possibly expect, was wrong of you to say that we'll have 7.3 until next expansion.
    + I doubt it'd actually be that small, probably stuff like chromie scenario which imo is nice content.
    Who counts a few cuests as actual content though?

Deleted
    Who counts a few cuests as actual content though?
    Do you really think they'd make a story patch and only have it be a few quests? Either it'd be an hour worth of quests, or up to 30-40 minutes, or it could be something like the chromie/magni scenario. Regardless of how much time it'd take, it's still telling more story, which could keep few players satisfied as they wait for the next expansion.