Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Attempted Murder requires proof of premeditation, and preparation to commit murder.

Assault with a deadly weapon is MUCH easier to prove in court, and still a felony.
    OK. So you don't have proof he was trying to kill anyone.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Can't really say the same of some other far right movements, yet antifa is smh labeled domestic terrorism.

Alright have fun in the high castle then i guess
    so how many violent assaults and destruction of property does AntiFa need to commit before it equates to a death?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    OK. So you don't have proof he was trying to kill anyone.
    The difference is one requires proof of premeditation (EX: proof that he planned to try to kill someone before he got there), assault with a deadly weapon is applied to the "spontaneous" acts of violence that could kill someone.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The difference is one requires proof of premeditation (EX: proof that he planned to try to kill someone before he got there), assault with a deadly weapon is applied to the "spontaneous" acts of violence that could kill someone.
    You said he tried to kill someone, not that he could have.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said he tried to kill someone, not that he could have.
    It being assault with a deadly weapon doesn't mean he wasn't trying to, it just means there is no proof that he planned it beforehand.

Regardless of whether he wanted to kill the man or not, his actions easily could have, any serious injury can kill, thus anyone intentionally inflicting serious injury, especially blunt force trauma to the head, should be treated as if they tried to kill a person... They tried to inflict a life threatening injury, therefore they tried to kill, and that's the whole point of assault with a deadly weapon.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It being assault with a deadly weapon doesn't mean he wasn't trying to, it just means there is no proof that he planned it beforehand.
    If you have no proof, why did you claim it?

10+ Year Old Account
    All groups are domestic terrorists as soon as they resort to vandalism and violence... it's not just antifa, it just happens that antifa is in the spotlight now because they are rather fresh...

If you have no proof, why did you claim it?
    Premeditation means he went to the event, having a plan to kill somebody. This is nearly impossible to prove, which is why they went for Assault with a Deadly weapon. Which is much easier to prove. Assault with a Deadly weapon doesn't mean his intent wasn't to kill. I don't know if that was his intent or not, he could just be really stupid and doesn't realize how deadly a bike lock can be when striking a skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    sounds like a very clever political theory indeed /s

in france we say, the center is neither left nor left
    So, did you stop reading after that? Did you miss the explanation? And for what it's worth, it isn't my theory, but I'd love to see a refutation if you can provide one. I'll wait...ish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Its funny, because the smarter voices in political knowledge have already used plenty of reasons why its bullshit. For one, it completely ignores the authoritarian/libertarian split.
    No it doesn't. those in the center are the libertarian, and the ones on the extreme left and extreme right are on the authoritarian side, which is why it looks like a horseshoe...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Please don't lie.

He's not.

http://www.snopes.com/black-lives-ma...n-baton-rouge/

Also

We all saw it. "What do we want? Dead Cops, When do we want it? NOW!!" That is also not a lie.

He was also disavowed. So, please no lying.

Disavowed in public, I'm sure... praised among the organization. Only a fucking idiot would believe otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess what? If you want to get rid of Antifa ... get rid of Nazis. No cancer (Nazis) no need for chemo (Antifa).

What a stupid analogy. You don't use HIV cells to kill cancer. That is what these two organizations are. They are both toxic, and they should both be eradicated from the face of the planet.
    God damn, being a centrist that cares about upholding US values, and who gives a shit about the law is exhausting....
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Premeditation means he went to the event, having a plan to kill somebody. This is nearly impossible to prove, which is why they went for Assault with a Deadly weapon. Which is much easier to prove. Assault with a Deadly weapon doesn't mean his intent wasn't to kill. I don't know if that was his intent or not, he could just be really stupid and doesn't realize how deadly a bike lock can be when striking a skull.
    But that's not what he said earlier. He said he did so with the intent to kill. Neither of you have evidence backing that claim.

The IRA explicitly tried to keep their kills down and phoned ahead their bomb threats etc. but I think it's a very short list of people who'll say they aren't a terrorist group. Swing and a miss?
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2017-09-04 at 05:08 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The NRA explicitly tried to keep their kills down and phoned ahead their bomb threats etc. but I think it's a very short list of people who'll say they aren't a terrorist group. Swing and a miss?
    The National Rifle Association? What?

Or do you mean the IRA? Or is there some other organization that uses that acronym that I'm not thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    The National Rifle Association? What?

Or do you mean the IRA? Or is there some other organization that uses that acronym that I'm not thinking of.
    IRA, NRA, MRAs same thing fixed tho
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    IRA, NRA, MRAs same thing fixed tho
    sad part is some people actually believe the bold.

Also teh bar for what justifies being labeled a terrorist these days is far to low... but people only seem to care when looking at specific groups. Remember kids. Basement dwelling neck beards are terrorists cause someone got told they suck... and it turned out they did.... literally...

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I don't think the average Antifa attacker wants to go all the way to fatality, it's more about sucker punch, retreat, repeat.
    you gotta get them with the bike locks, thats the anti-fa way.

just because they haven't killed anyone yet that we know of doesn't mean it wont happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    you gotta get them with the bike locks, thats the anti-fa way.

just because they haven't killed anyone yet that we know of doesn't mean it wont happen.
    Or you could worry about actual threats, that actually kill actual, real Americans every year. Threats like "toddlers with guns", for instance, which are a bigger problem in the USA than Antifa.

Because a lot of you folks lack perspective.

Deleted
    This logic is lost on the far right, because when they kill, they're heroes. They only kill muslims, journalists and other people who are a threat to the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Or you could worry about actual threats, that actually kill actual, real Americans every year. Threats like "toddlers with guns", for instance, which are a bigger problem in the USA than Antifa.

Because a lot of you folks lack perspective.
    You folks?

Americans? Conservatives? Anyone who isn't in lock step with your views? Who exactly lacks your enlightened, vaunted perspective?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can say only one thing to all of you: smart people never join any groups of this kind.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. People of higher intellectual capabilities simply don't find gangs and various aggressive movements appealing.