Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Liberals want to abolish father's day now.

It seems political correctness is not solely an American problem, that bug has bitten Australia too. Currently, in Australia there is a campaign that has been launched to rename “Father’s Day” and the idea appears to be gaining traction among certain groups.

The campaign is being spearheaded by a lady named Red Ruby Scarlet. Scarlet had a Ph. D in early childhood studies and she thinks that Father’s Day is highly unfair to children that have no father present in their life. As a result of this, Scarlet is proposing that the name of the holiday be changed to “Special Persons’ Day.”

Scarlet gave an interview with Adelaide’s “Today Tonight” television news show. During the interview, Scarlet was asked if “Special Persons’ Day” was just for children without dads, or if it was more inclusive than that.

Scarlet stated in response –

“There are children who have a dad, who also have a grandfather, and also have an auntie and also have other kinds of relatives.

There are also a huge range of different family structures. So we have single-parent families, satellite families, extended families, lesbian and gay families.”

According to “Today Tonight” the idea is growing in support across the nation of Australia. In fact, this idea is even being implemented in some schools across the country. Scarlet denies that this is political correctness in any form, instead stating this is simply “fair.”

“Why are we calling this political correctness when in fact it’s about our rights?”

She also claims there is a ton of research to back up her crazy talk and that this move should not in any way be deemed controversial.

“There’s a lot of Australian research that has actually informed a lot of international research … that has demonstrated children’s capacity to be really inclusive, once they know about these ideas. And they think, ‘Wow, why are people seeing this as a controversy?’”

What Scarlett does not seem to grasp is that her politically correct campaign of buffoonery that attempts to not “offend anyone” yet it will undoubtedly manage to offend a ton of families and fathers, step fathers, grandfathers, and father figures across Australia and rightly it should. Fathers matter a great deal in a child’s life in spite of the political correct crazies trying to diminish that.

It seems no campaign is in the works in any effort to rename “Mother’s Day,” however. Funny how Scarlett and others like her claim this is about “equality and fairness” when it is clearly nothing more than a concerted effort to destroy the family unit and advocate for minimizing the role of fathers from the rearing of children.
    https://www.americasfreedomfighters....h-fathers-day/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    All liberals, everywhere - right?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

I can't believe she's unaware of "Mother's Day"!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Absolute joke. Hope she gets the visceral acorn she deserves

Strange times we live in, where the majority has to the follow the rules and dogmas set by tiny minorities.

You mean misandrists.

People should ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I can't believe she's unaware of "Mother's Day"!
    You mean "Other special person's day" ?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Fathers are male, therefore fathers are bad.

I think that website gave me cancer.

When I heard her talk about the "Lesbian, and gay marriage" BS, I was just here going:

If it's Les, then it's 2 mothers. HOWEVER, if it's gay, then it's 2 FATHERS".

AKA, Fathers day to the gay couple should still be a thing.

The writer of this article already used logic against herself. Like, seriously? LOL

Combine mothers and fathers day into "Parental Figure Day" and boom problem solved.

Really you cant please everyone and this seems like a ppintless thing to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Where does it say liberals in the article?
    Funny thing is, she's not even Liberal.

True Liberals wouldn't be this retarded. I say this as a former Liberal, myself.

The writer of this page, is just insane.

Where does it say liberals in the article?
    In the title.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So somebody who is not even a politician? lol

Deleted
    Odd that it doesn't mention that the local Liberal minister David Elliott called her idea rubbish.

Also:
    But New South Wales Liberal minister David Elliot said her ideas were "rubbish."

Writing on Facebook, he said he "can't believe that someone who professes to be 'enlightened' would advocate such crap".

"People still celebrate fatherhood even after their father and grandfathers have passed away, in fact for many people Father's Day is a wonderful time of reflecting and remembering.

"Dr Red Ruby Scarlet you are the offensive one. Maybe we should start a campaign to address that."
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2017-09-01 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be hones the whole mothers day and fathers day are stupid anyway, thats what Birthdays are for. Surprised we didn't have son or daughter day added to the list of pointless days :P

It's not even a Holiday just another excuse to spend money :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I doubt it even means the same in Australia as in the US.

Stop using retarded sites as your source then?
    Still bad for the other Continent, then.

This doesn't sound like the Liberal party. They're our right wing, they'd hate this.

Oooooooh right you mean liberals as in the American left wing folks. My mistake :/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every last liberal agrees with her?

So one person wants to abolish father's day and that means all liberals want to do it. That is a mighty large paint brush you are using.