Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Can anyone advise if the addon is good for this maze?

I am pretty pumped to try it once I am back from work in a bit, I am considering getting a square paper notepad on my way back haha!

I do love mazes me.
    Try v1.4 from curse sourceforge, save the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by GathOfBaal View Post
    yep don't worry, the altars do not need to be activated again. When I activated the last altar and left the room, I was ported to the final room even though all the other altars were lit up again.

I think it is Blizz saying, we know you have been here a while, here is a little help.
    I'm hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Can anyone advise if the addon is good for this maze?

I am pretty pumped to try it once I am back from work in a bit, I am considering getting a square paper notepad on my way back haha!

I do love mazes me.
    It's really only useful for backtracking. You'll get to a point when you have to reset the map every so often, like when you get back to the same color room but the map shows it on the opposite corner. So it's helpful to a point but not much more than using a pen and paper.

I can say is that I was just kicked out to find the note there for Halls of Madness and Slitting of Wrists - I know for sure I did not match every colour. However, thinking that the maze was resetting itself I continued to match colours whenever I could and voila! I was spat out and there was my note.

If you're getting frustrated trying to map, thinking it is resetting, I would suggest making any match you can while you're running around.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    it still doesnt work
    if i count from left to right or right to left 7 off bulbs and the 8th bulb is on then i end up with 6 on bulbs in the middle where the picture shows 7
    You're counting wrong then.
    The lights are in a square, 20x20 lights. If you take the entire outer row, it should be 7 off, 6 on, 7 off (7+6+7 = 20).
    It's not rocket science, you just need to read the guide correctly.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

im not getting any visual clues when i teleport or change levels

Quote Originally Posted by chewie49 View Post
    im not getting any visual clues when i teleport or change levels
    You won't. That is the point of the maze. Basically, you go through a room and keep traversing, you eventually enter a room you have already been to (i.e. an altar or orb). You then take a step back and look at your maze.

What I discovered, is that the last 10 rooms I was just in I had already mapped (if you sort of place the rooms on top of each other and see the pattern). So then I find the place that is not consistent with what I had already discovered. That entrance/exit is the teleport spot.

So I mark it and move on. It actually is a breath of fresh air when you can close off a "loop". Because you are one step closer to finishing the maze then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I'm not spreading lies. I won right after putting 5 brains in a row, and I'm 100% sure of that because I'd been trying for 10 minutes. The moment it happened I won. Maybe I should specify they were located horizontally.
    I tried to map the maze and ended up frustrated, so I started following the tactic I wrote and I was out of there in about 1 hour.
    Luck happens, i tried doing what people said but none of it worked so i just kept playing... and at some point it just finished, no real solution that i could notice... just flipped one into a match of 3 and somehow it finished.

The maze is pure luck if you try following a specific pattern, youll end up spending more time there than if you just mapped it and knew the layout.
    What i and many many people did was map everything until you found the orbs and runes, once you did that STOP... hammer time, then just turn them in without going off your map. Exploring new areas at that point would be worthless since you already have a map that you can follow to get it done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Luck happens, i tried doing what people said but none of it worked so i just kept playing... and at some point it just finished, no real solution that i could notice... just flipped one into a match of 3 and somehow it finished.

The maze is pure luck if you try following a specific pattern, youll end up spending more time there than if you just mapped it and knew the layout.
    What i and many many people did was map everything until you found the orbs and runes, once you did that STOP... hammer time, then just turn them in without going off your map. Exploring new areas at that point would be worthless since you already have a map that you can follow to get it done.
    I can guarantee you, it's the five brains in a row. Not four, not three. As I said, I spent 10 minutes there trying to accommodate in order to have 2 brains-a random tile-2 brains, and an incoming brain for the random tile, all horizontally. In that time I experimented all sort of combinations, often unwillingly, including chaining 5 non-brain things. The game registered as complete the exact moment the five brains were matched. Nothing else apart from those brains popped at that time, and so, nothing else could have made me win the minigame apart from that. Unless there's something like a X turns limit where you win after a certain time regardless of score and combination, but that seems extremely unlikely, even more if it just came to happen randomly when the combo was made.

With regards to the labyrinth, it sure is pure luck. The tactic I used worked like a charm because yes, I was running wild across the halls, but I was quick to realise if I was running in circles. As soon as I figured out I was visiting the same places, I took crazy turns and strayed away. I remember the last one I missed was purple. As soon as I found the rune I started mapping again, only to get lost and frustrated. So I started running wild again. 10 minutes later I found the orb and once more the rune.

I can guarantee you, it's the five brains in a row. Not four, not three. As I said, I spent 10 minutes there trying to accommodate in order to have 2 brains-a random tile-2 brains, and an incoming brain for the random tile, all horizontally. In that time I experimented all sort of combinations, often unwillingly, including chaining 5 non-brain things. The game registered as complete the exact moment the five brains were matched. Nothing else apart from those brains popped at that time, and so, nothing else could have made me win the minigame apart from that. Unless there's something like a X turns limit where you win after a certain time regardless of score and combination, but that seems extremely unlikely, even more if it just came to happen randomly when the combo was made.

With regards to the labyrinth, it sure is pure luck. The tactic I used worked like a charm because yes, I was running wild across the halls, but I was quick to realise if I was running in circles. As soon as I figured out I was visiting the same places, I took crazy turns and strayed away. I remember the last one I missed was purple. As soon as I found the rune I started mapping again, only to get lost and frustrated. So I started running wild again. 10 minutes later I found the orb and once more the rune.
    The only reason i dont believe that brain theory is because i did it too... 5 brains in row, nothing happened. :P

But it doesnt matter, its probably the easiest puzzle in the whole thing... the chair was funniest and im glad theres the maze, no real answer to that one so everyone has to do it themselves one way or another.
    They should make another mount puzzle with only puzzles that you cant have a definite answer to... that way people cant just "wait" for others to figure it out and then reap the rewards. Maze is one of those kind of things but its the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    The only reason i dont believe that brain theory is because i did it too... 5 brains in row, nothing happened. :P

But it doesnt matter, its probably the easiest puzzle in the whole thing... the chair was funniest and im glad theres the maze, no real answer to that one so everyone has to do it themselves one way or another.
    They should make another mount puzzle with only puzzles that you cant have a definite answer to... that way people cant just "wait" for others to figure it out and then reap the rewards. Maze is one of those kind of things but its the only one.
    Another possible trigger could be "set 5 different objects in a row for X times". That would fit with my experience and possibly yours, if your game closed when putting 5 things in a row (not necessarily brains).
    I agree puzzles are cool but they shouldn't be too randomized. The way it's set up now, secret hunters enjoy themselves finding the solution, and the rest of the playerbase enjoys following the trail. If you set it up assuming everyone is a secret hunter, very few will actually try and get it, and they'd possibly complain.
    This was the case with Kosumoth, when orbs could be clicked one time every X hours. As soon as they fixed it, everyone took interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    ...really, MMO-Champion, i know you got to pay your bills and all, but you could really tone down on ruining riddles like this for everyone involved by blurting it out of your **** mouth as soon as you catch a whiff of it existing. That already led to the Auctionhouse-garbagepersons gathering to sell spidersilk for 20 to 30k each.
    So? just farm the needed spider silk for yourself in like 10 mins top?

Deleted
    so annoyed, was 2nd in world to get this, just 25 mins behind 1st person

Deleted
    Super useful tips:
    -The C'thun minigame requires you to put 5 Yogg brains in a row. Do that and you win. You win only by doing that.
    WRONG! stop spreading this FALSE info cause its NOT true.

- - - Updated - - -

I can guarantee you, it's the five brains in a row.
    No, its not and it has been proven wrong. I finished the game without EVER getting 5 brains in a row.

Another possible trigger could be "set 5 different objects in a row for X times". That would fit with my experience and possibly yours, if your game closed when putting 5 things in a row (not necessarily brains).
    I agree puzzles are cool but they shouldn't be too randomized. The way it's set up now, secret hunters enjoy themselves finding the solution, and the rest of the playerbase enjoys following the trail. If you set it up assuming everyone is a secret hunter, very few will actually try and get it, and they'd possibly complain.
    This was the case with Kosumoth, when orbs could be clicked one time every X hours. As soon as they fixed it, everyone took interest.
    You dont need to be a secret hunter to be able to do the maze... the thing that hunters need to do is find the damn thing first. :P
    Then the other playerbase has easy time finding it and the only thing they need to do is follow instructions on how to do it and they can do it.

The maze isnt THAT difficult unless you are lazy... mapping it is piece of cake.

These mounts being behind puzzles is cool an all, but sometimes it could be something else... we already have 300+ mounts and you can only ride one.
    Having something like a cosmetic weapon transmog would be cooler... something unique like oldschool legendaries, since the vanity of legendaries have been destroyed aswell... would be nice to get something that replaces it.

We need unique things walled behind effort/skill or guild effort. The artifact challenges are good but theres only 1 per class and some dont fit well to class fantasy, or personal preference. Something that everyone can use would be nice... mounts are getting old since we have so many.

Before transmog system the gear you saw people wear showed their achievements, CM-gear is one too but its no longer obtainable so meh.
    We need something to replace those that dont exist in the game anymore.
    Even the oldschool priest staff Anathema/Benediction and hunter bow/staff-quests dont exist anymore so people cant go and work on those.

I wish they implement something... brawlers guild is cool and all but it has no rewards. Done it once = got title, heirlooms, not much else to even get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    WRONG! stop spreading this FALSE info cause its NOT true.

No, its not and it has been proven wrong. I finished the game without EVER getting 5 brains in a row.
    Otaka and I have already moved past that point in our discussion further down. As I said, in my experience it could have only be the brains. Maybe you just need a random thing to be 5 in a row, maybe there's a pool of triggers and players may experiment different things. Maybe there's a timer (unlikely). But as it stands, as I said, I can guarantee that was what made me win it.

That maze was incredible unfair, the red orb could only be reached per random teleport for me -.-