Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I guess all we can hope for now is the fat fuck dies of a heart attack and the next guy in charge actually has some humanity and common sense who we could do business with but until then iam not sure what we can do short of full on war which could snowball into a full blown nuclear catastrophe!

Dialogue is pointless with this nutbar, More sanctions wont do shit, China aint gonna do anything

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    There is a way.

A full blown nuclear barrage using America's strategic arsenal would turn North Korea and all their major military bases AND their artillery lines into ash within hours and it would be very hard for the North to stop that. Radiation wouldn't do too much damage to the south.

Anything else? Insanity. There's no conventional war with North Korea that doesn't just see destroyed the South but also the US as a superpower.

As for diplomacy: The United States doesn't negotiate with terrorists, and what's North Korea is: A terrorist state holding 25 million South Koreans hostage.
    Yes, just ignore the untold millions of NK civilians killed, the potential reaction of China having a satellite state treated in such a way, the radiation that is probably way worse than you think (the Korean peninsula is not very big) and generally opening the Pandora's box of completely obliterating a nation with no warning using your nuclear arsenal, which probably demolishes any moral authority the US will ever have as they just initiated a Holocaust-tier mass murder?

You're right, apart from these small issues that's obviously a perfect solution.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're right, apart from these small issues that's obviously a perfect solution.
    Who the hell thinks there's any "perfect" solution.

But it's the only solution that leaves South Korea still standing and doesn't get millions in Seoul killed.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that there are no good solutions left. But I also agree with our nation's military leaders, the experienced ones, that there's eve fewer good military options left. We strike first, and even if South Korea survives, China jumps in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still having a hard time mustering up a care about NK. Sure I get that they are a dangerous rogue state who's causing hijinx around the world but short of condemning at the very least Seoul to a fiery death (not to mention possibly triggering WW3), I don't see any solution to the problem. If only we could collectively just stop feeding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    UN to hold emergency meeting on the subject.

Expect Russia to be testy. They have flat-out accused the USA of violating international law for searching the burnt remnants of the forceably closed consolates.

And China's probably not thrilled with the "block trade with any country" deal.

But it'd be nice to see a diplomatic, multi-lateral discussion and solution. Hoping for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    What color do you identify as? Blue?
    As a Meeseeks American, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

But it's the only solution that leaves South Korea still standing and doesn't get millions in Seoul killed.
    You think the people of Seoul are safe when you detonate enough warheads to obliterate a country 50 miles from them, and that said country's big brother is right around the corner? Assuming of course that the first strike succeeds at neutralizing all of North Korea's arsenal and that the city doesn't get targeted in retribution anyway.

The US would have done this if it was a viable solution. It is not.

Relax people.

Last week at 5.58 in the morning, I was woken up from my previous sleep by the Japan Disaster emergency service on my smart phone, which has a sound that you can't mute, control and even bigger than your alarm clock telling me "A missile just flied past over my head and if I find anything suspicious don't be a moron and touch it, call the authorities".

5 fucking 58.

I swear if he pulls another shit to fuck up my sleep, than it is personal. Fuck sake do it in the afternoon!

This one didn't wake me up so all good.

ummm, Fake News??!??

Maybe all you guys are too young, but I'm old enough to remember way way back in August of 2017 when Trump took on Kim Jung Un and totally owned him, at least according to conservatives, Fox News and Right-Wing media outlets.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...rth-korea.html
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...d-north-korea/
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-guam-threat/
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/19606/...sm-joseph-curl
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2632093

I mean, ALL THESE conservative "REAL NEWS" outlets couldn't possibly have gotten it wrong. There not fake news CNN or MSM. This really must fuck with Trump kool-aid drinkers brains, assuming they have normal brains.

7+ Year Old Account
    The bloody maniac is preparing to fire an ICBM towards the Pacific.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    US military options on North Korea 'very ugly'

Even if that's a possibility, analysts say the US is in no position right now to wage the kind of military campaign that could bring battlefield success on the Korean Peninsula. It would need weeks, if not months, to get needed additional troops and equipment to the region.

Those would include aircraft such as B-2 and B-52 bombers that would operate out of the US Air Force base on Guam, and F-22 stealth fighters would be part of any first strike, experts say.

Additional warships and submarines equipped with Tomahawk missiles would be needed to suppress North Korean air defenses so the bombers could operate, they say.

And then ground troops would be needed in far greater numbers that are now available to take control of sites inside North Korea where nuclear weapons might survive a first strike.

"No additional forces are present," Schuster said Monday.

But the US does have the forces such as the THAAD and Aegis missile defense systems in place to protect South Korea and Japan from a North Korean first strike, Hertling said.

And that means there's still time to get diplomacy to work, he said.

"We're still controlling the clock here. It's within our ability to keep the initiative," he said.
    China says Trump's trade threat over N. Korea 'unacceptable'

A foreign ministry spokesman, Geng Shuang, criticized Trump's stance as unfair to Beijing.

"What is definitely unacceptable to us is that on the one hand we work so hard to peacefully resolve this issue and on the other hand our interests are subject to sanctions and jeopardized," Geng said at a regular news briefing. "This is unfair."

Such an approach would be drastic if applied to China, from which the United States imports goods worth about $40 billion a month.
    Former acting CIA director outlines Trump's options regarding N. Korea

Morell said that while "we need to try" a diplomatic approach, he believes diplomacy will fail, which would leave the U.S. with two options.

One is a military option, "which would be probably not be successful in fully degrading his capabilities and could create probably most likely a second Korean war," he said.

"The other option is acceptance of this capability, containment, deterrence just the way we contained and deterred the Soviet Union," he added.
    Not a lot of good options here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Because it's not normal, not natural, and entirely his choice to overdo the tanning and the bronzer like that.
    Not "normal" or "natural" to have orange skin, huh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You think the people of Seoul are safe when you detonate enough warheads to obliterate a country 50 miles from them, and that said country's big brother is right around the corner? Assuming of course that the first strike succeeds at neutralizing all of North Korea's arsenal and that the city doesn't get targeted in retribution anyway.

The US would have done this if it was a viable solution. It is not.
    Yeah, it's hillarious when people think nuclear weapons only affect the places near ground zero. It's not like fallout doesn't get spread thousands of miles from there or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yeah, it's hillarious when people think nuclear weapons only affect the places near ground zero. It's not like fallout doesn't get spread thousands of miles from there or anything.
    That is mostly because a nuclear bomb exploding is different from an unmitigated reactor meltdown. The impact from a nuke exploding would be far more localized than e.g Chernobyl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That is mostly because a nuclear bomb exploding is different from an unmitigated reactor meltdown. The impact from a nuke exploding would be far more localized than e.g Chernobyl.
    I understand the fallout is less and less with more and more modern weapons, but isn't NKorea making baby's first nukes here? Wouldn't the fallout be more 20th century than 21st?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I understand the fallout is less and less with more and more modern weapons, but isn't NKorea making baby's first nukes here? Wouldn't the fallout be more 20th century than 21st?
    Their last test was a hydrogen bomb.

How did they get these? I don't think it would be China helping, but starting early this year, they seemed to have made leaps they could only produce in doctored images last year.

Oh and Chernobyl represent! I was in Kiev when that blew up. All of our shoes and jackets were confiscated by Moscow border patrol 2 weeks later. We were too radio active... unfortunately... even when I get very angry, still nothing... my mutant gene is still dormant...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-09-04 at 03:26 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Not "normal" or "natural" to have orange skin, huh?
    Dude why are you having such a hang up over this? Making fun of his over use of bronzer is not remotely the same as mocking people for their race. Orange is not a race.

And if Trump wasn't such an asshole in every way possible, I wouldn't feel the need to mock him.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Dude why are you having such a hang up over this? Making fun of his over use of bronzer is not remotely the same as mocking people for their race. Orange is not a race.

And if Trump wasn't such an asshole in every way possible, I wouldn't feel the need to mock him.
    Quite a few of my Asian friends would be considered orange or yellow sometimes. You're not just mocking him when you mock a skin color and associate it with negativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Quite a few of my Asian friends would be considered orange or yellow sometimes. You're not just mocking him when you mock a skin color and associate it with negativity.
    Okay now you're being ridiculous. This is why I can't stand the PC crowd, because things like "context" gets lost on them. Obviously when I mock Trump for being orange, I mock his use of tanning lotion and bronzer and I'm obviously not making any statements about Asians or anyone else.
    Putin khuliyo