Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Argus Campaign lasts 3 weeks total?

The Legionfall Campaign in Broken Shore had around 11-12 weekly ''stories'' which lasted for 3 months but the Argus campaign has just 3 and we already did the first which means it will end by 12 of September and then probably the dungeon/raid comes, not saying its bad or anything just asking if i am missing something.

That is all that is in 7.3, yes.

It's what you'll have for the next 12 months at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

This convinces even more that they are preparing something for the old zones with world quests etc, they are probably making the entire game arcade-style like diablo 3 where all areas will be always relevant and people won't depend on new content

The op has written two sentences to this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The biggest part of the casual content imo comes next week with invasions. There is a decent amount of replayability there.
    Especially with them dropping 930 loot

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    The Legionfall Campaign in Broken Shore had around 11-12 weekly ''stories'' which lasted for 3 months but the Argus campaign has just 3 and we already did the first which means it will end by 12 of September and then probably the dungeon/raid comes, not saying its bad or anything just asking if i am missing something.
    The raid ain't coming no time soon. Like November...

There's as much story content or more in argus as there was in broken shore, it's just not buried in 8 weeks of filler like "go kill 100 demons". I prefer it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Especially with them dropping 930 loot
    Only the raid targets that are on 1 week lockouts.

This convinces even more that they are preparing something for the old zones with world quests etc, they are probably making the entire game arcade-style like diablo 3 where all areas will be always relevant and people won't depend on new content
    Why though? They have always had this at the end of an expantion.
    They pop out a patch and leave it there as the team moves to work on the next expansion.

Why though? They have always had this at the end of an expantion.
    They pop out a patch and leave it there as the team moves to work on the next expansion.
    I remember patches actually offering content and not this time gated illusion of content. Maybe I'm wrong though...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

If only there was another raid in 10,5 weeks or something. :thinking:

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope you mean that In a negative way that broken shore had a "story" as you put so elegantly, cause yeah that was a waste of our time to do those weekly "stories" which were nothing but daileis but every week.

To be fair, Argus has more ACTUAL story which Is the only thing I'm happy for here, finally seeing characters INTERACTING and talking, that Is all I wanted In each patch to this day. You know what I love? The Argent Tournament had the leaders of the Horde and Alliance come Into the colossium, one by one at random times (I'm sure there was a patern but never figured out) and If you stood around for a while, or during questing you saw Tirion give a speach, or Tirion greeting Varian and Thrall respectively. I like those random lore Interactions I can just encounter on a timer.

But yeah, Argus Is short compared to Broken Shore, but Is the same Idea. Argus Is really just 1.5 of the Broken Shore area, with more world quests and the same langht of content at launch, roughly 2 hours and then you unlock world quests and table missions. It's as disapointing as Broken Shore If not more, cause you know we'll be waiting for the raid for at least 2 months or so because reasons. And then 2 MORE months for the full LFR to release cause 2 weekly timegating this time around just to waste your time.

But I think people are wondering, Is 3 weeks of "Story" It? Cause I'll be disapointed again unless we get some big Interesting lore stuff other than that cinematic we already got which was badass but still not enough.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I remember patches actually offering content and not this time gated illusion of content. Maybe I'm wrong though...
    Fair enough.
    Though I would not complain about the amount of content in 7.3. There is stuff to do.
    I do not find it fun however.

Broken Shore has 11 weeks of time-gated filler-quests, people complain.
    Argus has minimal timegating (by week 3 everything is available, 99% of the story quests in week 2 already) with actual story quests, people complain.

Do you want them to stretch it out over weeks? Its not going to get more content, its just going to take longer for no reason.

Argus definitely has much more content then Broken Shore, both in Story and Repeatables (which aren't available quite yet), its just not gated for almost 3 months.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-09-01 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Well Legionfall Campaign may have had 11-12 weekly ''stories'' but those stories were 1 quest a week that was done in 5-10 minutes. Can't say that 1 quest a week for 12 weeks kept you entertained for that period.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Well Legionfall Campaign may have had 11-12 weekly ''stories'' but those stories were 1 quest a week that was done in 5-10 minutes. Can't say that 1 quest a week for 12 weeks kept you entertained for that period.
    Yeah I kinda got stuck on that too, that didn't count as stories, it counted as few of the worst dailies/weeklies ever created in WoW :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    There's as much story content or more in argus as there was in broken shore, it's just not buried in 8 weeks of filler like "go kill 100 demons". I prefer it this way.
    Because "raise 6 garrison followers to ilvl 900" and "complete a 16h garrison table mission" is an entirely different, and better, thing. yeah....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Because "raise 6 garrison followers to ilvl 900" and "complete a 16h garrison table mission" is an entirely different, and better, thing. yeah....
    Since it's not the only thing we got this week, yeah. Quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    That entire quest line is not part of the argus campaign achievment.

*shocker* it's for unlocking further follower gear and missions and revolves around them *shocker*

Deleted
    Timegating creates the illusion there is a lot of content. There is so little of it in this patch. They did not even try. Nothing in terms of World PvP (could have been somewhere else other than Argus) or anything.

Also, people tell me that lore comes before gameplay and thats why there are so many mobs on Argus. How about timegating then? On Argus it seems quite ridiculous we have to wait 1 week just to continue our assault or whatever. Where is the argument that lore comes before gameplay there?