View Poll Results: Would you use RF more with individual boss queues, if it had no trash?

Voters
111. This poll is closed
  • Yes

37 33.33%
  • No

74 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would never use raid finder. Its easier to get a normal pug.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Waiting 9 x 30 minutes as a dd sure sounds like fun.
    Thought exactly the same haha. I've taken a trip into town before, did some shopping, came back home and was still in queue. Sounds good if I get to do this 9x a week just for legendary BLP...

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

RF is so bad, even if content is "challenging" enough to wipe the raid several times. I've had 9 wipes on KJ in RF, and I've only done him 2 times there. The enrage timer has gotten us a few times now recently. Doing 220-260k on KJ is absurd. Last time I did it, tank was on 5th place with around 300k.

This is what happens when you can simply just queue up. And people wonder why they wont take those 900 ilvls to their normal ToS run. They want to avoid these players like the plague.

There is so little trash in raids these days anyway. Why would this be any better?
    LFR is boring and way too easy but you still do it becuase the rewards are too good. LFR bosses should never be able to drop legendaries and titanforged items.

Deleted
    lfr actually gives terrible rewards on average. the rare case of something good dropping doesn't make it worthwhile for most players.

Deleted
    I would probably use it more if it gave me the option to enter raids where some bosses in each 'wing' had already been killed.

So I could get in faster, particularly if it means I can join a group at the last boss and collect my Order Hall quest item.

I should note though, I have no idea if that would be make me getting in faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Waiting 9 x 30 minutes as a dd sure sounds like fun.
    Well now you just queue for multiple instances, and usually when the first one is done the next one pops up right away.
    Could work for every single boss.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    1) No, that's not even somewhat a real raid experience. By then it's not LFR, it's "Easy Loot Que"

2) It's not worth going into hypotheticals if it's not even reasonably possible. Then it's not a hypothetical, it's a "Ignore all the inconsistencies and pretend it can happen"
    Do you consider trash more challenging than the boss fights? Why?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe.

I would definitely use it more if the freeloaders alto-attacking, in a dps spec while queued as healer or simply AFK got no loot or had some sort of punishment. Trash/bosses would melt with everyone participating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Just remove the trash and I'll do it every week religiously.

ToS was a good step, not much trash in that instance. But there's still a few annoying ones like those jellyfish.

I only do LFR once for the story/scenery, and any time after that if I'm especially undergeared. There's probably nothing they could do to compel me to do it more than that, or organized raiding (short of forcing all of my gaming friends who don't want to play WoW, to play WoW, and then giving me extra friends).

Frankly, general gameplay in WoW is just not engaging enough for me to want to do it without some other incentive. Sometimes I wonder how I even still manage to enjoy it! I blame addiction and easy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Bosses are not the only thing to raids. Raids are meant to feel like you are literally RAIDING a place.

Raiding a place does not just involve killing the most important members of the group.
    Do you think you would enjoy it if there were more adds in boss fights, if it meant no trash?

You can go even further. You click a button and you get a chest with a random LFR loot.

7+ Year Old Account
    What I'd like more would be a checkbox "force fresh run" for when there's something on the first boss I'd like and being put into run behind that (like trying for fury warrior appearance from Odyn).
    Maybe make it be disabled for a few days if it was abused to do first boss only.

I would tank fewer bosses. I only use raid finder when I get one of those table mission quests and I want to try for loot without waiting for my guild's weekly raid. Right now I stay and tank 3 bosses because that's how I roll - if I queue to be the tank I see it through. If I only had a one-boss commitment, I'd queue for that boss and not for any others.

probably not... trash pulls are fun

10+ Year Old Account
    No, trash just isn't that big of a problem. And occasionally it's useful to help identify and clear out a few of the AFK types. But mostly it's just not a big deal. I think LFR should actually represent all of the elements of the raid at higher difficulties including trash and mechanics (even if the mechanics don't hurt a lot or at all).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'd prefer them to go back to wingless LFR, having to queue up multiple times for a single instance is tedious.