Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinzo View Post
    What are you even trying to say now? It's a fact that the person shot was 12 years old, it's a fact that the gun recovered from said 12 year old was fake. Why are you trying to justify the murder of an innocent kid?
    Its also a fact that he is 5'8 220 lb looks like a full grown teen.... Was in a neighborhood and a park known for gang violence had a Fake gun with the Orange tip that is legally required removed.. and Was pointing it in the direction of Kids to a point where others called police scared that there was going to be a Gang shooting. But regardless my point was his Mother didn't deserve 6 Million for basically being a bad Parent who didn't teach her kid enough common sence to not point guns at people. and if she got that this guys deserves at least 25 Mil cause he was actually innocent.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-04 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinzo View Post
    What are you even trying to say now? It's a fact that the person shot was 12 years old, it's a fact that the gun recovered from said 12 year old was fake. Why are you trying to justify the murder of an innocent kid?
    Its a fact that he threatened other people with a weapon in a country where everyone can have real weapon. Its a fact that he got what other people would get if they threaten the peace of others.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    He deserves recompense, but $125 million is absurd.
    What amount in your opinion is enough to recompensate him?

10+ Year Old Account
    I Will say exactly what I said when I seen the list of demands from BLM. uh no!

I get it he deserves every penny, but he isn't getting $125M, it's alright to ask, but it is in nowhere near the sphere of logic be awarded that kind of windfall even if they had it, which they likely don't.

It should be a sizable award and make it hurt so maybe they would change and donate a great deal or chunk of that money not actually needed to foundations helping to overturn wrongs and injustices.

but $125M Welcome to America where you can do almost anything you want including asking for $125M, but eh NO!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    What amount in your opinion is enough to recompensate him?
    I would take the amount of time he actually spend in prison, figured in the kind of work he could have done or wanted to do, then estimated the average salary times whatever he was in prison, then i would have added in suffering at at $273 x365 = $100.000 a year.

So Salary 275.000 + 100.000 = 375.000 * $9.375.000

I would also put in enough to cover the attorney fees The most he should get is maybe 20 Million that would cover any fees. Be enough for him to start a new life by the things he needed and get treatment for the list of issues he would probably have from being convicted of a crime he didn't fucking commit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Reaching into a cops car for his gun is not worth getting shot?? Pointing a fake 9mm that looks real at school kids isn't worth getting shot? what kinda Jessie Jackson Black people can do no crimes coolaid are you drinking?.. Tamir rice wasn't unloaded a clip he was shot once 1 bullet to stop a armed suspect.... Sad he died but he shouldn't have been armed.... and Michael brown shouldn't have tried to kill a cop with his own gun.. God only knows what would have happened had he been able to wrestle that gun out of the cops hands. thankfully for the cops family he got a shot off before Brown could.
    if you want a dignified response I suggest you read up the bloody law for when a cop is technical allowed to shoot somebody. Cops are only getting free because the courts are making a ton of assumptions in favor of their defense

And still don't try to derail this threat

10+ Year Old Account
    Although a side note, I would pay real money to be in the room when whoever arrived at the fucking number $125 Million, because that would be some interesting shit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    People should not live in fear, why would I tolerate some retarded kid pointing weapons on me or my family? You get jailed as a terrorist for throwing rocks at the riot police in my country.
    well then maybe you should ask you're lawmakers to change the gun laws no?

Ohio is a open carry state, where is the NRA and other gun humpers to defend Rice

Deleted
    if he spent half his year in prison how can he spent 125m $ now?

www.detroitnews.com isn't a good news source.

The article is a summary of the plaintiff's suit in a civil case. These suits are public record. The accused's attorney filed this suit with the court.

The thing is it's 100% the accused's side of the story, written in a way they hope will get him lots of money.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    He deserves recompense, but $125 million is absurd.
    If a few "absurd" lawsuits goes through, maybe it will deter people being framed in the future.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY2LuY7F3nY tell me that looks like a 12yo with a fake gun he even knows how to cock it...... 5 ft 8 230 lb 12 year old who is mature enough to know how to cock a gun and aim while moving.... Cops should really have to wait untill they have a bullet in their head before they fire I guess.
    The caller to the police said it was a fake gun... the officers pulled up in a drive by style and shot him from the car within 2 seconds of arriving. According to reports the officer was "unable to be trained" and was never going to be a good cop and that's why he was removed from his previous position, but cops instead of getting let go when they're terrible get shuffled around.

If you are pulling up to a situation where there is a person with a gun you are suppose to pull up at a distance and address the situation. If you are pulling up to a situation where a person has a gun and the cops were told "and it's fake" you don't pull up and shoot a 12 year old kid in drive by style within 2 seconds of arriving. None of what happened was procedure if they followed proper procedure Tamir would have been alive.

Playing with toy guns is a fucking past time of this country that loves their 2nd amendment rights so trying to put blame on him for playing with a toy gun is just dishonest..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If a few "absurd" lawsuits goes through, maybe it will deter people being framed in the future.
    It's like people just don't understand the reasons for these lawsuits and those numbers are to deter other people from committing those crimes.

It's a good thing. Usually they don't have money for that.
    Last edited by verganna; 2017-09-13 at 01:32 PM.

Honestly i would add a couple more zeroes on top of that $125M, and then imprison whoever had a hand in fabricating that evidence for the equal amount of 25 years (per person involved).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much standard when suing. After bargaining, you can only expect 10-20% max, so let's say 25M. Lawyer will take 40% on this case, so he'll get 15M that he actually takes home, max.

Take it out of their pensions, see how many innocent people get framed in the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of the reason he should get the money is to make sure that convictions like these should definitely be done more careful, cause if you don't then you'll lose $125m. I would award him more money if it were up to me. Next time spend the time and resources to make a definite conviction rather than to put someone in jail for 25 years just to satisfy the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Part of the reason he should get the money is to make sure that convictions like these should definitely be done more careful, cause if you don't then you'll lose $125m. I would award him more money if it were up to me. Next time spend the time and resources to make a definite conviction rather than to put someone in jail for 25 years just to satisfy the system.
    They did, the problem is that the 'definitive' evidence was falsified.

In unlikely chance that he wins the case, would Detroit even have enough money to pay out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Maybe. What would be a reasonable number?
    I would say less than $15 million.

Are you arguing being wrongfully imprisoned is not only worse than death, it is tens of times worse than death and deserving of compensation commensurate with that?
    Yes life in jail is way worse than death
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.