Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People shouldn't be able to complain about meaningless shit but they do it too.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the issue is. you circled one that wasn't even the lowest price, or the biggest number of single items.

What's the actual issue?

If someone posts something too low, it gets bought up and prices return to normal. if they don't return to normal, you were gouging in the first place.

EDIT: I think I get it now, you were circling the first person to post that price, and everyone else did. That said... Nobody is buying the cheaper ones anyway, so it doesn't seem like they were selling anyway.
    Last edited by chazus; 2017-09-04 at 06:55 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    actually there is no law banning you from selling anything for 1 somali cent if you wanted to. too bad about the competition. its actually fairly common for companies to start a marketing campaign where they on purpose run a deficit to gain new customers and in the long run earn more money. if competition wants to follow that campaign they gotta need capital to do it with. If your competitor doesnt have capital or willing to spend you win a bigger market share.

lets say a new smart phone got realised from a new startup company and it was the best some one like samsung or apple would try to just buy the company if refused they could run a campaign with the purpose of draining the startup company's capital and then go in and offer a new buyout deal.

your choice OP is to invest your capital to win your market share back or get bought out, well in wow you dont get a pay for loosing the game. you just lose.
    That's actually not true. Undercutting is covered under predatory pricing, and the remedy is through antitrust laws. I don't think the percentage is etched in stone what constitutes predatory pricing, but it has to be substantial. If Coke decided tomorrow that from now on, a can of Coke is $.25, in an attempt to drive Pepsi out of the market, they could be taken to court and sued for it. If Coke drops their price by a nickel for a while, it's fine. At least that's how I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    This is a long debunked myth, stuff doesn't sell faster just because it's 50% cheaper. If raiders need Vantus Runes, they go and buy it, whether it costs 2,5k or 1,5k. They don't go and say: Oh wow I wouldn't normally use it, but now that it's 1,5k I will buy it. Noone says that. It may be the case with rare transmog items of course, but with consumables and raid materials, it's not true. You need it - you buy it.
    Sounds like you're talking about selling something in a vacuum. Yes, if a raider needs runes and they're on the AH for 3k they'll buy them and the same is said if the runes are 1k. BUT, if you have 3k runes and 1k runes on the AH, NO ONE is going to buy the 3k ones first. Therefore, factually, the lower priced ones sell faster than the higher priced ones. aka undercutting. They sell even faster if you undercut by a large enough percent that no one wants to take the loss to undercut you or buys them all out to resell. I'm not here to pinch pennies and undercut by LITERALLY 1 copper. If anything that shouldn't be allowed. Using the picture in the OPs post, if I went to the AH to sell some runes, I'd sell them at 1k a pop. I like well rounded, simple numbers. I've undercut people by 75%+ if I think their price is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that it's a game economy and people can do silly crap like sell below their materials cost and they won't suffer, really. This is especially true for things where you can farm the mats - you see people argue all the time that those mats are 'free' i.e. they aren't valuing their gathering time at all.

In the real world, people who do that go out of business, but in a game, it doesn't matter unless they run out of gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    ...I'm not here to pinch pennies and undercut by LITERALLY 1 copper. If anything that shouldn't be allowed. Using the picture in the OPs post, if I went to the AH to sell some runes, I'd sell them at 1k a pop. I like well rounded, simple numbers. I've undercut people by 75%+ if I think their price is ridiculous.
    As an example....

And undercutting by a copper does what it needs to, it lists your item first which will cause most people to simply buy it. The dynamic there is that people buy the first item vs scrolling through, esp when it's a commodity and scrolling through only ends up costing you more.

Something way below market is nothing more than an opportunity, for you.

Deleted
    You can also make a profit from this. Quickly buy everything that low and put it back up for your amount. Then your average price is back to what you want it ;-)

Took me a while to even identify the problem since you didn't come out and say it.

Griping about it is stupid though. Maybe they wanted to sell quickly. Maybe they mistyped. Maybe they think everyone else is way too damn high. Maybe they are stupid.

But If you are that triggered by the price then buy everything and repost it and make gold. If it's not worth your time or gold to do so, then it sure isn't worth complaining about on here.

That IS how economy works irl too, and I find it fascinating in game.
    Notice how shadoweave masks and patterns suddenly went up in price by about 9k and 80k respectively?

It's better than people lowering the price by 1 copper.

lol. I do this all the time. I undercut by a significant amount and load up the AH. Drown out the fucking ridiculous prices with a better price. Gets sold fast, and I can replace them fast. It's great.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    i've never understood people who put stacks of 1 on the auction house when they could put a stack of 20. but each to their own I guess. I know I prefer to buy the 20 stack even if it is slightly more expensive than if I bought 20 stacks of 1

no

/thread

really /thread there's nothing to discuss nothing will ever stop players doing this.

Could you not just buy the "under-priced" ones and then sell them back higher?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion we have retards who can't play the AH whine about undercutters. OP, you lose.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    and scrolling through only ends up costing you more.
    Except it normally doesn't if you're smart about it.

You set it to sort by price by unit and you buy the first (aka cheapest one) or you pay a little extra and scroll down to buy a bigger stack

Literally no money lost (unless buying a slightly more expensive bigger stack

Gotta love the price gougers' QQ when their extortionate proft margins get cut to more manageable sizes.

And yeah, I do have an alternative to AH when it comes to crafts. It's called craft it on an alt or ask a friend / guildie to craft it for you. So you can only safely price gouge things that come from rare patterns or hard to obtain mats (a.k.a. monopoly on the market).

And the myth of "average price"... I've made tons of quick profit by selling random vendor items for 100x its vendor price only to be "sniped" in seconds by people who believe the "average market price" should be 1000x vendor price so they buy me out and relist for 10x more. I don't even know who in their right mind would buy something for such a high upmark. A small one, maybe, someone too lazy to walk to the correct vendor, or someone in a hurry. But not when it's super crazily overpriced...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too fussed at what price you set your auctions, but for the love of all that is holy upon this great earth of ours, don't post 5,000 auctions of 1 stack prolonged power potions. There is a special place for people like you. Just ...please, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? Getting mad about fake money?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Wrong, found you flaw:

If my herbalists gathers and mills it costs 0(!)g
    Funny, you dont pay your herbalists "if i mine it, its free". Wrong, the costs are what the ah prices are, otherwise you are just giving gold away.