Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Fun detected, fun nerfed, right?

New paraxus may as well not exist now...
    I remember people crying about Felreavers in BC and Blizzard just rolling their eyes and ignoring said idiots.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It gave a sense of danger, where legion actually can do something to you, and this is sort of pubic event, in which you have to participate.
    But remember the outcry about zombie event, same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    There is a big warning on your screen and sound and stuff.. I don't know how it was "out of the blue"
    I don't have a problem with it myself but i can see how a "forced" afk can make people log off and EVERY "log off" is a risk that the person logging off won't log back on/keep being subbed, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I haven't seen it. But getting told you'll be 1shot in 5 minutes basically means you have to go afk for 5 minutes until it's passed. that doesn't sound fun at all
    I agree with this.
    "fun" should in my opinion be something actually involving gameplay, not avoiding it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by maxchum View Post
    It gave a sense of danger, where legion actually can do something to you, and this is sort of pubic event, in which you have to participate.
    But remember the outcry about zombie event, same thing.
    I would argue the main similarity there was the forced interaction, though the source was very different.
    The zombie event placed way too much control in player hands, the sort of control and impact that in any other scenario would lead to suspensions.

An event you can actually interact with is far better, not one you simply sit out.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-09-06 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    isn't this similar to deathwing burning the whole zone and killing everyone it in? + getting achiev for it lul

I have witnessed the Paraxus only once, but it was glorious. I got behind the barrier and then I thought "I'm going to test it to see how much damage it does". I literally blew up a half second later. It was hilarious. Why did Blizzard have to nerf something fun? This is only an example of how Blizzard caves to people who can't be bothered by inconveniences.
    I think maybe it was bugged for certain phases, or at least it was firing at different times in different phases. Last night I saw it 6 times in the space of 20 minutes while joining and leaving groups for rares on a low-ish geared alt. Had only ever seen it once before that.

I think with the spacing it seems most people were seeing it that it was fine, but there were quite a few people complaining in the hour I was on that alt about it appearing too often.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually kind of agree with the OP, but I totally understand why Blizzard nerfed it.

Personally I liked the idea of having an actual threat that roamed the skies, you actually was like "Holy shit I am gonna die, quick get to a shield", I think it was last week there was like a bunch of us questing, there was quite a few people and then the Paraxus comes over and literally wipes out everyone, it was glorious.

The only down side is it does force an afk and I totally see what that would annoy some people. I think having the Paraxus serve more than a forced 'time out' on your character would be better. But at the same time still make it a threat.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    I am the only one who never encountered this ship/event?

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I am the only one who never encountered this ship/event?
    I don't think I have. I've seen the warning once, but it was after I was done with my WQs in the zone, and I think I may have seen the bombardment(green/black tornado thingies?), but that's it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    I think maybe it was bugged for certain phases, or at least it was firing at different times in different phases. Last night I saw it 6 times in the space of 20 minutes while joining and leaving groups for rares on a low-ish geared alt. Had only ever seen it once before that.

I think with the spacing it seems most people were seeing it that it was fine, but there were quite a few people complaining in the hour I was on that alt about it appearing too often.
    If that is the case, I can see why people would be a little upset. I am running on the assumption it only happens once every 3-4+ hours.

No flying is completely fine BUT amount of teleporters need to be increased and the flute which takes you to nearest teleport should be baseline , not gated behind a rep grind

Deleted
    I agree, i did like the interaction, but it also means that the zone is that much more dangerous and would therefore have to be that much more rewarding to be worth the inconvenience.

It was a run for cover and get the fuck out and felt pretty impactful. Now it is just waddle back and forth for a few seconds.
    You do that running to the barrier a bunch of times every day for the next 3 months, see how impactful it feels. It was boring and made everyone go like "bleh, I guess I could watch a video until it's over".

Good. Now they should enable flying and Argus will at least become somewhat playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a run for cover and get the fuck out and felt pretty impactful. Now it is just waddle back and forth for a few seconds.
    It was "log off for 5 minutes and go make some tea" actually, because chances are that you are far away from safe haven and won't make it in time
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'm glad they nerfed it. It felt kind of stupid, having to stop whatever you were doing only to spend 10 minutes waiting under a golden bubble for the ship to leave scene.

Sounds like a worse version of the deathwing events in cata pre dragonsoul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    yea dying is not supposed to be fun. get your own "gameplay" together and try to not die. easy. there have been oneshot mechanics plenty of times.
    Oneshot mechanic implies that if you do something wrong - you die. There is no doing something wrong, you simply either GTFO of location or die. It's not fun. Now it will be fun, because you can actually dodge the shots and the only way you can die is either standing still, or getting caught by daze effect/slow from enemies. In fact, i'm going to /use Slow on every Alliance player while shimmering back and forth and /laugh and dying fools.

I wish with this change that bombardment will be there for a longer time than it is now
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have witnessed the Paraxus only once, but it was glorious. I got behind the barrier and then I thought "I'm going to test it to see how much damage it does". I literally blew up a half second later. It was hilarious. Why did Blizzard have to nerf something fun? This is only an example of how Blizzard caves to people who can't be bothered by inconveniences.
    There was little fun about really. Sure, it is pretty awesome, that an entire area gets blacklisted, but it is also non-interactive. You get limited and nothing is really added in return. It was a pretty great experience the first time, but having to deal with it on a daily basis, is not gonna bring alot of fun moments.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

If that is the case, I can see why people would be a little upset. I am running on the assumption it only happens once every 3-4+ hours.
    Yeah, that was my assumption based on everything I'd seen up to that point. Maybe the fix to the timing based on phase was more of a hassle than just to make this change.

Not sure, but I'd be fine with even every couple hours etc but it did get a bit much at that time.