Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No, I didn't live in a sitcom.

From what I could tell, being popular at my schools usually meant you drank at parties (especially in secondary school). DOn't really know - I hated pretty much everyone, so I didn't care to learn about anyone's personal life.

Complete assholes.

They were people like anybody else.

/absorbed into the LIght

Only 2-3 come to my mind, what made them popular was being the funniest. My school was a dual-enrollment program so the sizes were not large. Like 30ish students for each grade give or take.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    I'm 25...and mostly people of my age behave the same way did they did in highschool. Most of them are still studying though. So bratty, carefree and thinking they own the world.

It's interesting how people literally change completely the moment they need to work for money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Were they mean and snobby? Were any of them football players, cheerleaders, or volleyball players? Were any of them successful? Did they hung out at the Mall? Were they happy?
    I grew up in a town so pretty much it was your average EU country highschool...you went to school, spend your time with close friends after school and went to a party once every 1-4 weeks depending on how socially active you were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I dont think my school had popular kids.
    Neither did mine. I mean, there were some, but they weren't the prototypical snobby types who were too concerned with themselves to give you the time of day (as Hollywood likes to portray them.) They were just students that everyone liked.
    Putin khuliyo

Football players. Though most of them we're nice guys despite being the schools pets. Most of the bully's from our school were actually unpopular and troublemakers.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2017-09-07 at 07:18 AM.

Went to a private high school in my small town. My class had all of 35 people in it, and everyone pretty much got along. Some people might have been slightly more popular due to sports, I guess, but our teams pretty much all sucked so there wasn't much prestige to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Were they mean and snobby? Were any of them football players, cheerleaders, or volleyball players? Were any of them successful? Did they hung out at the Mall? Were they happy?
    Mean people did not get to be popular at the school. In fact, we mostly all got along, just some people were the centre of attention - not so much for specific achievement, more for being "the life of the party" type of guys. Having said that, students with academic or sporting excellence both got their share of respect. No one hung out at the mall, because there wasn't one in town. I believe most of us were quite happy at the time. As for success, one of the popular guys is in Parliament now.

I was always one of the popular people. I mostly played football (soccer). I acted nice, I mean most of the popular people at my schools were very nice. Who wants to hang out with mean people?

I don't really remember that much of actual school, I had my group of friends who were into music, skateboarding, mountain biking etc and there were no real "popular" people in my year, just people doing their thing. One of my buddies a year younger could maybe be considered one of the "popular" kids, playing on the school rugby team and being admired by all the females. I became friends with him when we were about 16 because he played drums and I played guitar, girls even to this day look at him like he's some movie star because he's tall and lays on the charm.

Thing is with me popularity did happen at the end of or just after school, I got in a band when I was around 17-18 and became really popular with the kids immediately 2-3 years younger who were following our band around. So I had no sense of popularity among my direct peers, but then being admired by 15-16 year olds and people of that generation for a few years while my band was popular, still to this day I have guys who were kids back then telling me about how I was their guitaring inspiration.. But that's not the same as being popular with people directly in school with you, class to class.. So honestly I dunno.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

This is them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Back in the day in Russia we didn't have popular kids, we only had kids whom other people, even teachers, were afraid of. Each grade had special `E` class, it consisted of kids w/ either mental issues or kids who already were in either juvies or proper prisons.

So one could say that these kids were "popular"

Deleted
    members of the chess club where most popular but nobody was talking to us

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    members of the chess club where most popular but nobody was talking to us
    They were just starstruck.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    We actually didn't even have popular people/groups in "high school" were I went. Also no loserg roups that would sit apart from the rest.
    We also didn't have anyone that dressed alternative or like any trend a confused teen would sometimes do so in other schools. People were all pretty much... normal?

This was a Montessori school btw. which is a completely different world than most schools offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a clue. I always kept to myself and sat in my own class room all the time. :P Didnt really care who was popular and dont even know if anyone even was.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

southern school, football players and cheerleader were def. the popular kids. Most were civil but there were social classes that didn't mix much if at all. I find it ironic that i ran into the head cheerleader and imo the hottest girl in my HS class at my church, and she joked about being a closet nerd in HS with regards to her grades and studying.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Was typically the confident people, about 50% were shitty people the other 50% were basically fine if a little socially confined.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh