Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    they were alright, was/still am friends with some

my school wasn't like a cliche US high school movie

Deleted
    Being popular wasn't ever en vogue at my school(s). From primary school till college, I can't remeber a single soul that strived for that spot. Students were only famous for outstanding skills in certain subjects.

Didn't really seem like there were that many groups. Everyone seemed pretty cool with each other, despite there being a rich area and the ghetto.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I'm from that mini generation between gen x and mellenials so popularity was based in what Nokia you had and how good you were at snake but as new metal, pop punk and the early days of emo were the thing it wasn't cool to be overly popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Cheerleaders.

Football players and cheerleaders were jerks to me, i was a nerd and played football for one year, i guess i was an easy target and was asking for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Dicks, in short.

Mostly people with a high social ability but low academic ability. They either were the problem or made the problems to shadow over actual problems.

If you hadn't guessed, I was bullied a lot in public school.

Then I went to boarding school, and it was all better. The popular people were the kind or sporty ones, and if you were a dick, you got the kick.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What a strange question? Did you grow up in a 1990s American teen movie? Almost everyone is a misfit in their teen years one way or another and popularity varies from week to week and person to person. This mythical group of popular people might exist somewhere but I have never met them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Popularity I found depends on School size.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Preppies and jocks."

People often forget the volleyball team.

Everyone loves the hot chicks in tight shorts and spandex shirts jumping around.

By popular do you mean those self-appointed idiots?

There wasn't much of a "popular" thing going on in my school, but rather people that were more social. It was the down to earth students that were the "popular" ones I suppose.

That being said, there was snobbery [it being a private school]... but such people weren't "popular" to begin with; They just kept to themselves.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-07 at 12:41 PM.

Early nineties in Canada, and we didn't have much in the way of "popularity" as you see in movies. Nobody really cared about jocks, we technically had cheerleaders, but there was like 8 of them and they were neither popular nor unpopular.

There were social circles like the smokers, computer geeks, metal heads, sports lovers, grunge kids, etc... But they all got along pretty well. Some of the prettier folk had an edge in social interaction, but nothing huge. Conflicts happened, but not like in pop culture. I would routinely hang out with pretty much every group at one point or another, as did many others.

I find Americanized versions of high school in pop culture so strange simply because I never experienced any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Were they mean and snobby? Were any of them football players, cheerleaders, or volleyball players? Were any of them successful? Did they hung out at the Mall? Were they happy?
    Someone might have said this already, but if you've ever seen the old 80's movie "The Breakfast Club", then you know what the people I went to high school were like. I hung out with the Brian (Anthony Michael Hall) and Bender (Judd Nelson) crowd; I was a nerd that wanted to be a cool metalhead type. I knew a few people like Allison (Ally Sheedy), but I was pretty shy like her character was and didn't really talk to those types. Claire (Molly Ringwald) and Andrew (Emilio Estevez) were what the popular types were like at my school, and in retrospect, they were just as damaged mentally by their shitty parents as those two movie characters were.
    I have no idea if any of the people I disliked in high school were successful. They were shitty to me for 4 years and I've never been bothered to keep up with them, even with the advent of social media and even with now understanding that they were probably that way because of their asshole parents / social pressures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Were they mean and snobby? Were any of them football players, cheerleaders, or volleyball players? Were any of them successful? Did they hung out at the Mall? Were they happy?
    I was the popular people in my school.

Were they mean and snobby?
    Absolutely not. I was a social butterfly.

Were any of them Football Players?
    We didn't have a football team. But I was on the Varsity Soccer Team by Sophomore year.

Were any of them successful?
    Depends on how you perceive success. Am I wealthy? Nah. But have I lived a happy and comfortable life? Yeah.

Did they hung out at the Mall?
    Sure, everyone does around here. We have 3 malls within like 20-30 miles of each other.

Were they happy?
    Mostly. Socially I was happy. But my family life was a horrid disaster. So it depends.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    We didn't have "popular people".

Obviously there were kids that were teased and alienated for X and Y reasons, but "popular people"... it's a concept I can't really identify with in Finnish school life. Granted it's been quite a long time since I was in school.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    They dyed their hair blonde or added 'frosted tips' (even if they had dark skin) and listened to the 'thong song'.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't go the way of the cheerleader! Cute sailor uniforms it is.

I went to a high school in a fairly affluent area (I was shipped in from the neighboring, poorer city) and the "popular" kids were basically what you would picture affluent, preppy teenagers to be. They weren't necessarily mean, though a bit snobby, but their social circles were pretty tight. I didn't keep in contact with any of those kids, but I have since went back and looked at their social media to try and see where they all ended up. A good chunk of the are doing fantastic for themselves and have moved to different areas of the country getting good jobs, so good for them.

While I wouldn't consider myself or my friend group popular, everyone in the school knew who we were... mainly because we were the group of kids doing dumb things in the halls for cheap laughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, you had two types of popular people at my school. There was the popular smart kids and then you had the popular dick heads... They mirrored each other in opposites. You would have the hot smart girl, and the hot 'rebel' girl. Each to their own.

I was never popular, I hung with the outcasts. We were not even popular enough to get bullied thats how ignored we were lol.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance