Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Dazed is probably the worst Global mechanic in the game. But.. It could be worse... you could get charge stunned with no cooldown ala those yangols from timeless isle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I find the the mob density to be a bit too intense in Argus except for the Mac'Aree zone. You like it...I get it. I don't...and I'd appreciate it if you would deal with it without the backhanded insults please.
    Might I ask, are you a pro-flight guy? I just want to get some context of where your dislike of the zones is coming from.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Might I ask, are you a pro-flight guy? I just want to get some context of where your dislike of the zones is coming from.
    I actually like the way it's currently arranged. It's not a flight/no flight issue imo...although flying would make the issue moot. It reminds me of the mob density surrounding Auchindoun in Terokkar Forest...I hated that place, it was a nightmare...but then I was absolutely delighted when I got to Nagrand...just my opinion for what it's worth.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2017-09-11 at 08:39 PM.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the way it's currently arranged. It's not a flight/no flight issue imo...although flying would make the issue moot. It reminds me of the mob density surrounding Auchindoun in Terokkar Forest...I hated that place, it was a nightmare...but then I was absolutely delighted when I got to Nagrand...just my opinion for what it's worth.
    Fair enough. I respect your opinion. Thank you for contributing!

I haven't been dazed in years. All you gotta do is not let them hit your back. As long as you face them (strafe, air-turn), they can't daze you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ok, fair enough. Lets remove daze, but lets increase the damage of mobs quite a bit so that if you actually want to try to be bold and run through 3-5 mobs on your mount you have a good chance of actually dying on your way through.

Is that a fair compromise?

You must do something to compensate for the lack of daze, you cant just straight up remove it. The mechanic is there for a reason, and that reason is to make you the player think about your actions rather than brainlessly run through the middle of a demon infested camp just because you cant be bothered to use your brain and go around the camp instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, you might want to be careful using logic and intellect in this thread, as it escapes the majority of people you are responding to.

BTW, i agree with you 100%.
    Uh, no, I think it would be more reasonable to make more objectives requiring you to interact with these "dangerous" denizens of Argus, rather than run thru their horde, let them leash, and then kill the elite you're there for. All mounts and most WQ objectives are from elites. Why not rare WQs? Then you're engaging with content with a purpose, not being annoyed when you get slowed down before your actual objective - because they're not engaging players or making them feel danger with daze, they're just straight up annoying them. Not me, specifically, I should add, because I hardly ever get dazed, but some people are magnets for it just from the way they control their movement. And as for using logic, in my limited experience with him he was condescending and trollish, not logical.

You can't effectively travel these zones without having a crapload of mobs chasing you. And if you get dismounted, you better take a damn good look for a safe place to rez. This is fun?
    You only have a crapload of mobs chasing you if you don't pay attention to your surroundings at all. Look where the mobs are, you can avoid aggroing most of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    Given my quest gear at the time, and my lack of any professions until almost lvl 50, I would spend all of my looted coin at the AH trying to improve my gear. Thankfully, by my 2nd year and 2nd toon, I started out with Skinning and LW and not only geared my Rogue, but eventually geared the Hunter I started with. I was the purest definition of noob. Would take another 3 months to figure out what addons were and how to use them.
    You could level in TBC with quest and dungeon rewards alone... I also didn't start using addons till WoD

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Blizz should remove daze. Vote with your wallet.
    Blizz should remove people who make empty threats.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's odd but my shadow priest never gets dazed on argus but my shammy gets dazed every ti,e I try to run through a trash pack

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You could level in TBC with quest and dungeon rewards alone... I also didn't start using addons till WoD
    As I said, I was an extreme noob when it came to this genre of gaming. WoW was my first MMO, and that's saying something considering I was playing D&D on paper back in 1990.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, LWing is good for something!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama