View Poll Results: Do you want flying in Argus?

Voters
252. This poll is closed
  • Yes

139 55.16%
  • No

50 19.84%
  • I don't care

63 25.00%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Just to be clear, do you want flying in Argus?

Just wanted to make sure

Deleted
    Yes but it's deliberately designed to not be flying friendly

Yes, its to much of a convenience now that they have done the terrain so terribly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care myself and so voted.

The area taken together is probably large enough to warrant a Pathfinder achievement for it but I have no idea if they built in the zone infrastructure required for flying or not.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You are right, I was deliberately designed to be unfriendly even to the dead

10+ Year Old Account
    100% yes. It's so infuriating to navigate on the ground.

Like @adam86shadow said.

Flying is amazing, and I love it, and it's one of the game's best features, in my opinion.

But Argus isn't made for it. The vast landscapes beyond the map's edge. Everything it was designed for. The illusion and immersiveness would fall apart if they would turn flying. It would have to turn from Argus, home of the Legion, to Argus, home of the invisible walls.

Besides, it's built in the spirit of the Timeless Isle. We're meant to have a challenge at it. A place with threats to keep us busy. Not a place to hover over while picking off rares and treasures.

Does it have its challenges and frustrations? Yes. It's a game. If you just want convenient rewards, campaign to Blizzard to have loot sent to you in your mailbox daily. Nothing is rewarding if there is no effort involved.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-09-08 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's designed not to be walking friendly either.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    You are right, I was deliberately designed to be unfriendly even to the dead
    Especially the dead. Die at Tar Spitter? Have fun running all the way around instead of spawning at the graveyard in the actual subzone Tar Spitter is in.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Well in like a month there's not going to be much reason to do the WQs there. At least not more than 1-2. So i guess if Blizz wanted a dead zone, they're gonna get it in a few weeks/couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Well in like a month there's not going to be much reason to do the WQs there. At least not more than 1-2. So i guess if Blizz wanted a dead zone, they're gonna get it in a few weeks/couple of months.
    Pretty much. Once I'm exalted, I'm not going there other than for emissaries. Once I have the last 4 legendaries on my main, I'm not even going to do that. My alts don't even have WQs unlocked(apart from the week1 ones on druid/shaman), because it's just too annoying to have to go through the quests over and over again(and then have them spawn as WQs the next day)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yes. Flying is great and it sucks when I'm grounded.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying Argus wasn't designed for flying is like saying Outland isn't designed for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Especially the dead. Die at Tar Spitter? Have fun running all the way around instead of spawning at the graveyard in the actual subzone Tar Spitter is in.
    Who dies at Tar Spitter?

On topic, flying would be good, but enjoying it without

No need. Only problem is daze. Flying would ruin the whole concept and is probably impossible.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    They ve designed it so terrible. Flying just shows from above with a better view how terrible it actually is so they dont want us to fly above it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's game design is done by vocal minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Just wanted to make sure
    Just to be clear, yes.

Don't give a damn.

If we got flying: Neat.
    If we continue the way it should be: Fair. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Saying Argus wasn't designed for flying is like saying Outland isn't designed for flying.
    Except that you likely can not fly in Argus because of how the background and skybox work. You would destroy the whole concept of it, especially when you try to do what the massive ship we have does and go from zone to zone.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV