Poll: Is this GM a Hypocrite in YOUR opinion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, the ban actually came out of him being a total idiot and only adding an extra O, making the name change moot.
    Oh well screw that guy then.

Funny story though, a guy on Tichondrius well known on /2 channel had a name of "Therapist" and got a forced name change. He made a second character with the same name just to maintain his trade chat trolling moniker and got a week ban xD

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Fantasy names are fine for RP servers if I recall?
    Technically it's pretty open, but they try to stay away from things like Digbick, you generally don't get reported whatever your name is though unless it's offensive. Plenty of non-fantasy/silly names around on all RP servers

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, there are plenty of skulls being collected and piled up in WoW, both by PC and NPCs. The idea of mounting and/or collecting skulls is also usually associated with certain primitive human cultures. It'S gone out of fashion, though.

I agree with you, though. If the game was available under the age of 12, I'd pick another name. (I'd probably not play, but for the sake of the argument...)
    Pretty sure the main path in Hellfire Peninsula is mostly crushed skulls?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    The joke is that fantasy names aren't "normal," so a guy called skulltaker saying that someone should get a more normal name is ironic.
    Well, I could have elaborated what I meant by 'normal', or rather specified - 'normal' as in 'fitting this specific fantasy setting'.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Technically it's pretty open, but they try to stay away from things like Digbick, you generally don't get reported whatever your name is though unless it's offensive. Plenty of non-fantasy/silly names around on all RP servers
    Yeah I have a few fantasy names that I use both RP and Non RP.

Main reason for a couple is that they come from Everquest.

Thousands and thousands of draenei... and that's not even the worst.... thaddius /shiver

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I mean, he clearly triggered people, thats how he got reported.
    I see triggering as angry whispering the guy in the OP, not reporting and moving on with their life.

Compare the difference in trigglypuff or w/e that meme was for ever ago and just thinking "oh ur a dick" and not interacting with the person you disagree with.

If right clicking a person -> report -> offensive name(I think that is still the process these days) is getting triggered, a lot of spammers have clearly triggered me a lot.

The whole world is full of them. Especially around the bad guys, they don't seem to get enough of them.

Fantasy names are fine for RP servers if I recall?
    Ofc, but they're decidedly not normal in a conventional sense. The dude made a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I mean, he clearly triggered people, thats how he got reported.
    You can report an offensive/trollbaity name without being triggered. Happens all the time, just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Ofc, but they're decidedly not normal in a conventional sense. The dude made a joke.
    Not a very good joke in the current company though, this being a fantasy based forum we find names like Skulltaker, Akara, and Eleccybubb "normal" where names like Twogenders and Digbigs, and borderline things like AwkwardSquirtle, are "abnormal" as in a name your fantasy character wouldn't give himself/herself

Again it would actually fit a specific class perfectly. And it is a reference to Warhammer.
    I don't give a flying fuck if it would fit in YOUR opinion. I care about the ridiculous claim that it's "normal". Being a reference means nothing as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    I don't support what the player did. But honestly it baffles me that Twogenders is considered to be breaking ToS. It feels like Blizzard is hyper carefull about allowing anything that could possible insult someone, even if that someone is an idiot.

Would a name like "Negroman" be dissallowed too? It's technically a spanish and an english word combined. None of which is offensive in respective language.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I don't support what the player did. But honestly it baffles me that Twogenders is considered to be breaking ToS. It feels like Blizzard is hyper carefull about allowing anything that could possible insult someone, even if that someone is an idiot.

Would a name like "Negroman" be dissallowed too? It's technically a spanish and an english word combined. None of which is offensive in respective language.
    Because it was created specifically to troll or to make a religious or political statement, none of which is allowed by the blizzard tos/eula

Well, that's pretty funny OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Oh well screw that guy then.

Funny story though, a guy on Tichondrius well known on /2 channel had a name of "Therapist" and got a forced name change. He made a second character with the same name just to maintain his trade chat trolling moniker and got a week ban xD
    Thats messed up, those people must have had some bad experiences with therapy

It's not "hypocritical" for them to punish players if they violate things that would be unsuitable for younger players. Even if the game is rated T in the USA/some similar equivalent in Europe, children still play the game and their ToS reflects this. You can get muted for saying words like "fuck" or "bitch", if a GM so chose to punish you for it.

However, this GM is full of shit. Leave it to a dumpsterfire community like MMOChampion to side with a blatantly awful GM, but whatever. "Twogenders" isn't offensive in any capacity, let alone offensive enough to be flagged and given a ban for. A simple forced namechange would have been fine. It's true that the GM himself (who barely spoke proper English despite the fact they were using the language to communicate with a player) didn't even have an explainable reason why the ban was being issued. The GM flat-out couldn't give a proper reason why they were issuing a punishment.

This GM needs to be punished by his superiors, for sure. Whether or not you agree that "Twogenders" should have been punished or not, the GM handled the situation extremely poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck if it would fit in YOUR opinion. I care about the ridiculous claim that it's "normal". Being a reference means nothing as well.
    In a roleplaying environment it can be.

Specifically on RP servers for a DH. RP servers seem normal to me. People doing what they enjoy in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Or they did the SNL thing and read it.... The rapist

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I heard pens can be good to help stress, maybe go to pen island for them
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!