Poll: Is this GM a Hypocrite in YOUR opinion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since I have to "explain" my answer. I saw the thread made. The guy was a smartass who tried to sound like he was in the right. He knew exactly what he was doing. There was no hypocrisy on the GM's side. No sympathy in someone trying to be "clever" and see if they can get away with it. He didn't and so he called the GM out on it, trying to gain people to back him up on it.

Poor OP. Can't have his transphobic name in an mmorpg and has to cry about it on forums hoping to find an echo chamber of other douschebags waiting for him. You got the response you deserved from the GM. Quit trying to play the victim when you're clearly the one instigating others and trying to start shit.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2017-09-09 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Also this. But it wouldnt surprise me if Activision-Blizzard is supportive of psychiatric diseases.

On a side note, if it is true that the game no has homophile characters, and the gm specifically points out that the game is for 12 year olds, it could be a crime in Russia. I live part-time in Saint Petersburg and have russian visa and also a russian wow account (my main original account is EU-english though) and there is a federal law in Russia against gay propaganda directed at children.

One could probably make a case here to have Activision-Blizzard either remove this material completely or at least on Russian servers, or have the game banned entirely in Russia. This would probably mean a total shitstorm for Activision-Blizzard (consider the 2009 ban of WOW in China, which led to loss of hundreds of millions, if not billions..) if someone was to proceed with such a legal case. I'm sure Activision-Blizzard, with a steady decrease in wow-consumers, would /not/ like this at all. Hopefully no one reading this will get any ideas

but if you do, remember this post
    By this logic, they'd ban any relationship. But we all know Russian law doesn't follow logic. And they have a terrible track record in childcare: adaptive disorders, abandonment, stigma and outdated information related to adoption, poor outlook on various language developments etc.

The game doesn't show sex, and we all know certain countries ban or censor sex in their media altogether to avoid loopholes. A small amount of subscribers wouldn't be missed if their game was banned, especially when majority rules. Just look at EA Fifa soccer games, they're still standing even after Russia protested their rainbow shirt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I always thought that gender is a matter of biology/anatomy, not politics. Why it should be matter of politics?
    Do any gender can be used as an advantage? (like: -" he's transfemale - burn him!" or "You're firing me only because I'm transmale! - I'm going to sue you for that!" )
    If so, then something is wrong.
    It's an obvious jab at the current sociopolitical climate. Whether it's trying to promote or denigrate something, it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-09-09 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    So someone on the wow forums posted this link, asking how his name was not allowed.

Chat with the GM

Well, it dawned on me that this GM's words about "Gender identity not being for kids 12 and under" are contradictory to the fact, that this game has "suggestive content" that actually showcases this sort of thing to its players, which leads me to believe that the GM is full of shit.

For example, quests such as Unlikely Seduction, a quest about an NPC named Levia Laurence, who is depicted as being into fucking hot female demon ladies, show us gender identity; yet a player name called Twogenders is bad for some odd reason?

Hmm weird...

Oh wait no, twogenders actually goes against their belief in 63 genders! Yeah well, I guess saying there are only 2 genders might turn kids into homophobic haters or something... LOL

Basically, if you do or say anything against their beliefs you will have action taken against you.

Makes perfect sense right?

I'm a fair guy though, so let's have a friendly discussion!

Is this GM a Hypocrite in YOUR opinion?
    Hmm, nope?

Seem the fault lies with the player. The player was granted a free name change without actions taken, and just added another letter most likely to spite.

There is actually a rule that many people forgot about when they whine about naming policies. Normally many I've seen for forced name change is because of partial or complete sentences as a name.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Violations
    Minor Violations
    Minor violations include any names that:

• Are trademarked or licensed by a company or an individual.
    • Consist of a string of letters which do not produce a pronounceable name (e.g. Asdfasdf, Jjxccm, Hvlldrm).
    • Consist of language existent only in online communication (e.g. Roflcopter, xxnewbxx, Roxxoryou).
    • Consist of any title prefix attached to a character's name, fantasy-based or not (e.g. Kingmike, Presidentsanchez).
    • Consist of any references to the real world, including people and places (Britneyspears, Newyork, Austinpowers).
    • Consist of a partial or complete sentence contained within the name (Hihowareyou, Ilikebeans).

(Source)
    The GM is basically just doing his/her job after the name has been reported X amount of times for it to trigger an automated name change. Then the player just trolled and added another letter which triggered a reason to investigate the name change.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    We all know that "someone on the wow forums" is the OP.

Lol a game for 12 year olds? Meanwhile Sylvanas is called a bitch -twice- in the game by men.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Wasn't Alextrasza raped as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because it was created specifically to troll or to make a religious or political statement, none of which is allowed by the blizzard tos/eula
    The renaming part most certainly. But the original name could have been made just a likely just to set your own political opinion in your name. An opinion which could offend strange people. And appareantly that scares Blizzard.

Deleted
    I saw guy with name that was "supporting" polical ideology which hard push human rights and nothing happened / gz blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Name a single character in WoW that has a name with two words stuck together that isn't a nickname. I'll wait.
    Limbflayer, Cacklebone, Deadmeat, Bludsmirk, Bonegrind, Licefeaster, Splitgrin, Grinslicer, Chucklespine.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Laughing_Skull_Orcs

There you go. That's the kind of names they use.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Although I find nothing abnormal in the GM's response, it is ridiculuous to ban such a name in the first place. How is 'Twogenders' offensive or political? Let's ban the name 'Roundworld' while we are at it, there are people who find that fact political in 2017 as well.

The problem with the naming rules is that fundamentally is almost impossible to actually create a name that doesn't technically break at least one of the rules.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Funny story though, a guy on Tichondrius well known on /2 channel had a name of "Therapist" and got a forced name change. He made a second character with the same name just to maintain his trade chat trolling moniker and got a week ban xD
    Funny would be if he intendet to let it be the Profession therepist, instead of the-rapist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stablon View Post
    Although I find nothing abnormal in the GM's response, it is ridiculuous to ban such a name in the first place. How is 'Twogenders' offensive or political? Let's ban the name 'Roundworld' while we are at it, there are people who find that fact political in 2017 as well.
    But ''two genders'' arent ''wrong'' anymore, for whatever reason. The world being round is a bloody fact.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    Limbflayer, Cacklebone, Deadmeat, Bludsmirk, Bonegrind, Licefeaster, Splitgrin, Grinslicer, Chucklespine.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Laughing_Skull_Orcs

There you go. That's the kind of names they use.
    Except, those names aren't the same as 'twogenders'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    But ''two genders'' arent ''wrong'' anymore, for whatever reason. The world being round is a bloody fact.
    It isn't that two genders are wrong, there is an actual rule about such names as the person that was told of.

Hellothere - Not permitted, can be reported.
    Mynameisjeff - Not permitted, can be reported.
    Mycatsaysmiaw - Not permitted, can be reported.
    Twogenders - Not permitted, can be reported.
    Fourgenders - Not permitted, can be reported.
    Onegender - Not permitted, can be reported.
    Bigyellowcar - Not permitted, can be reported.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, the player is going to get support on the fact of the GM not provided an educated answer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not at all. That name is a clear violation of Blizzard's terms of use. It's obvious that the name was created for trolling purposes. Blizzard is not going to allow someone to "stir the pot" with a name just because said name "might" have an innocent meaning also.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/34530

-Negatively refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players.

inb4 BUH I CLEARLY DIDNT WANT TO INSULT ANYONE :-)

Blizzard is not stupid my dude.

And hey, Blizzard has a catch-all anyway:

-Are otherwise considered inappropriate for the game world.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2017-09-09 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Lol a game for 12 year olds? Meanwhile Sylvanas is called a bitch -twice- in the game by men.
    Oh no! By men?!

You are laughable..

Either be against the word in general or fuck off, why does the origin matter.

its fucking bullshit to get renamed for that, so what if its controversial in politics. i dont give a shit, and no one with a job ever will. sjw politics can fuck off. if the name was "suckme" id understand but its not. its "twogenders" biologically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    its fucking bullshit to get renamed for that, so what if its controversial in politics. i dont give a shit, and no one with a job ever will. sjw politics can fuck off. if the name was "suckme" id understand but its not. its "twogenders" biologically correct.
    Vaginägirl is also biologically correct and I would get a namechange. Twogenders is like calling yourself "whitemasterrace" and wondering why you would probably get a namechange.