Thread: Pc spec advise

Pc spec advice

Hi guys, I'm a returning player and am purchasing a second hand pc to play on. The one listed below is about the best I can get at the moment. I know literally nothing about pc specs etc.

-i7 Quad Core 3.4GHZ 8 Thread
    -8GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM
    -120GB SSD
    -1TB HDD
    -GTX 770 Windforce 2GB GDDR5 OC
    -Windows 10 Pro (X64)
    -Coolermaster Silencio Case
    -500W PSU (NAXN 80+)
    -Tp-Link Wireless Card
    -Samsung 24" 1080 monitor

Will this run the game ok? If so what sort of settings / fps can I expect?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Druss006; 2017-09-09 at 09:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it will run the game "ok"
    Based on clock speed its a i7-3770, is it a K series?

Biggest question is...how much are you paying for it?

As Moremana says, the price is more interesting.

This computer in all aspects is pretty outdated. If you get it cheap then it might be worth it for you.

In regards to wow, you should not expect great graphics, fps is hard to say. If you raid you will get less fps than just playing solo, group or arena, the computer having to process much more data, both cpu and gfx wise.

The GPU is the weakest link here, so if you set the gfx low enough i see no problems running wow smoothly, but i would not expect fps over 30, and that is outside of raid situations or mass pvp.

Thanks for the reply guys, I'm not sure if it is a K series I'll find out. It is costing me about $600 nz which is probably $400 ish USD.

If I ask him to put a slightly better graphics card in will that make much difference? If so which card, keeping in mind I don't have much more to spend sadly.

That's borderline I'd say. If there are no serious defects that could be an ok price. The only major flaw is the PSU imo, you might have to replace it, depending on how old it is.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druss006 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm a returning player and am purchasing a second hand pc to play on. The one listed below is about the best I can get at the moment. I know literally nothing about pc specs etc.

-i7 Quad Core 3.4GHZ 8 Thread
    -8GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM
    -120GB SSD
    -1TB HDD
    -GTX 770 Windforce 2GB GDDR5 OC
    -Windows 10 Pro (X64)
    -Coolermaster Silencio Case
    -500W PSU (NAXN 80+)
    -Tp-Link Wireless Card
    -Samsung 24" 1080 monitor

Will this run the game ok? If so what sort of settings / fps can I expect?

Thanks in advance.
    The 770 will get outperformed by a 1050 nowadays in WOW. CPU is fine. Best if you can OC it. Given the price, it will do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    If its a K chip and you go in knowing the psu is made by CWT (Enermax's oem for this brand) which are "meh" and it would most likely need to be replaced, then you know what your in for. Keep in mind it is 6 years old and one key part you didnt mention is the motherboard.

What is the most you can shove in your budget?

You're OK with this. Even HD games. Just make sure you don't bombard the PC with heavy files thereafter; which make cause the operation to be slow suddenly.