Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can there be good/purified old gods?

Just a question I've been thinking of with the suggestion of the shadow priest artifact being a sealed away old god, and the whole "Old god expansion" supposedly on the horizon. I'm curious, if Naruu can have evil void forms, is it possible for Old Gods to have holy light forms?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Blizzard's penchant for shit writing, yes.

The real question is whether there should be.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Light only "turns into" Void because the emptiness left over when Light fades allows the Void energy to come into being. Light will spontaneously create Void as it fades. This happened at the beginning of existence.
    The ocean of Light was dynamic and ever shifting. Yet as it expanded, some of its energies faded and dimmed, leaving behind pockets of cold nothingness. From the absence of Light in these spaces, a new power coalesced and came to be.
    This power was the Void.

--Chronicle V1

This is how naaru turn into Void creatures. The naaru originate from shards of fractured Light floating in the physical universe. Their Light energy fades and Void energy takes its place.
    Naaru return to their original Light-forms again by removing the Void energies and re-infusing them with Light. They don't just spontaneously return to Light again.

Void lords are from outside the physical universe, from a realm that is solely shadow energy. Their creations, the Old Gods are created from Void energy. It is unlikely for a Void-based creature to have a Light form, but if it were possible, they'd have to be purged and infused like a darkened naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Light infused Old God... I doubt it'd be possible, but I'd like to see a fan art of it, lol.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Sooo... A Xel'naga then? A benign space squid-blob.... Yeah no thanks.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    sounds like the flying spaghetti monster to me lol
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    A Light infused Old God... I doubt it'd be possible, but I'd like to see a fan art of it, lol.
    Purify the shadow priest weapon, release the cleansed being to fight N'zoth

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The ocean of Light was dynamic and ever shifting. Yet as it expanded, some of its energies faded and dimmed, leaving behind pockets of cold nothingness. From the absence of Light in these spaces, a new power coalesced and came to be.
    This power was the Void.

--Chronicle V1
    People really read this kind of books ? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    People really read this kind of books ? LOL.
    What kind of books do you read yourself?
    I'm guessing none at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the Void Lords, and subsequently the Old Gods, are malign. So I really can't see there being a "good" Old God going by OUR definition of what's "good".
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know dude. The thing about those Old Gods is: They are ALWAYS communicating with other stuff. It's some sort of mental link with whatever the Old Gods may want to corrupt. What if the Void Lords have the same hability? What if they can communicate with every Old God? Even if one wanted to be good, it would be hammered by whispers.

Apparently it is in the nature of the Void to produce bad feelings. You can't help against such tortured conception. Old Gods are powered by bad energy.

Aren't the Old Gods basically giant leeches that whisper sweet nothings in people's ears? Not sure you can have a good leech.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Aren't the Old Gods basically giant leeches that whisper sweet nothings in people's ears? Not sure you can have a good leech.
    They are more like giant parasites that infiltrate your mind and drive you insane.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    obv not aware of a leech's huge medical benefit

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The leech is a vampiric parasite used as a tool for medicinal purposes, the leech itself is not a benign being.

Deleted
    Light only "turns into" Void because the emptiness left over when Light fades allows the Void energy to come into being. Light will spontaneously create Void as it fades. This happened at the beginning of existence.
    This power was the Void.

--Chronicle V1

This is how naaru turn into Void creatures. The naaru originate from shards of fractured Light floating in the physical universe. Their Light energy fades and Void energy takes its place.
    Naaru return to their original Light-forms again by removing the Void energies and re-infusing them with Light. They don't just spontaneously return to Light again.

Void lords are from outside the physical universe, from a realm that is solely shadow energy. Their creations, the Old Gods are created from Void energy. It is unlikely for a Void-based creature to have a Light form, but if it were possible, they'd have to be purged and infused like a darkened naaru.
    Interestingly enough what we currently know is that the naaru were "forged" whatever this means.
    Now that we know more about the life circle of the naaru we can understand why the old gods and co. consider the naaru lost siblings that will eventually find their way to their true masters...
    "good" old gods meaning we can have a matching agenda would be quite a twist since we never heard of old gods commiting treason again ... even xalatath has not comitted treason per say and still tries to turn weilders insane ( i mean look how many hours we have speculated and burned our braincells over her quotes and i would say mission accomplished). I can also not recall any high ranked void servant going rogue whereas every other antagonist power had its "allies"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The leech is a vampiric parasite used as a tool for medicinal purposes, the leech itself is not a benign being.
    In a sense human beings are parasites that are feeding on this planet, so if leeches are evil then so are we.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I always feel a bit happy whenever my drops trigger leech instead of indestructible or speed ...

This power was the Void.

--Chronicle V1

naaru were forged by elune, whatever that means, also if we go by xalathat quote, there is the possibility that they werent beings of light at the beginning

The question that should be asked isn't "can there be" it's "should there be" and me I hope not. A holy dreadlord is a stretch for me. Seems like a hellboy move.

Personally while I want to see more with the void/old gods, mainly to see how much of my current rp will be takin and used, I truly want wow to return to its faction vs faction roots. Sadly, not something I see happening anytime in the future.