Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Guild Drama. Should I leave

From GM

@everyone Over the next few days I will be reaching out either via Discord or in game to let each of you know where you stand in relation to the proposed merger. It looks extremely likely for us to receive the first batch of merge characters on Monday night or Tuesday afternoon for Tuesday's mythic farm night. If this happens, we'll be raiding Tues, Wed and Thurs as progression nights. We will not be running progression on Monday night, we'll be running some sort of cross realm content as a "Get Acquainted" raid with the new team.

The outcomes refer to a list, When I reach out I will be letting you know which list you are on or if you aren't on a list.

To clarify these outcomes the lists are as follows:

The "Short" List - This is our 10 player selection that we feel confident in taking into progression and have the correct mix of players in relation to the incoming players as well.
    The "Long" List - This is the raid roster (includes the players on the short list) however, if you are on the long list, you will be in rotation and may have specific areas of improvement that we need to discuss so we can get you to the place you need to be to ensure your raid time.
    The "Cut" - This essentially means for one reason or another, we will not be rostering you and you may move to social or find another place to raid if you wish.

In addition, we'll be providing some comments in relation to your placement and will answer questions about how the process will work and anything related to yourself (will not be discussing other player selections)

*Side Note* - Please refrain from sharing to other players your current status for the time being. We'd like to ensure we keep this a civil professional process until everything finalizes. The lists are fairly solid but still subject to minor changes depending on any changes from our counterparts, specifically the long and short lists.

And More

"The spots are competitive, this is a merger and not an absorbtion. They have 14, we have 14-15 and we agreed to make a cut to 10 as a beginning thought. These are the players we will start with for our first progression night. Farm will be rotational as always. The "long" list is the full roster. Its not a hard bench. There is more factors to the list than DPS. It's DPS, Mechanical Awareness, Attitude and Attendance.
    There are some players on the long list simply for comp reasons not meshing with their 10. This doesn't mean people wont move around. It's a starting point for week 1"
    "You arent going to get transparency on it until we finalize."
    if people have questions, have them come into discord. I am trying to be as open about it as i can. I can be on right now if needed.
    I think people are blowing some of this shit way out of proportion, taking everything very literally and mistaking us trying to handle the merge in a professional fashion as a slight against them or something. I have limitation to what I can do, what we had to agree to, and how we are going to move forward to make this successful. Obviously I'd like to see as many of our players in as possible and as few of theirs but thats not realistic to plan around.
    "I know you are the messenger on all of this but if people have questions or concerns they need to bring them up. Myself and Mad are getting severely annoyed with the lack of communication by some people that ends up creating drama. I will explain everything and make it as comfortable as I can but if people blow this shit up into a huge issue, there will be more names on the cut list. If we blow this up into a gigantic issue and it affects the merge, we'll be cancelling our plans and letting the guild die. I play this game to progress and have fun, not deal with everyone's petty drama issues all day. If I have to continue dealing with it, I'll just remove it all from the equation."
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

I sense a bit of burn out coming from your GM, but other than that what they're doing seems like reasonable steps taken to keep raiding and progressing.

Deleted
    Your guild leadership is clearly extremely proffesional and civil. Unless you are cut and want to continue raiding why would you even consider leaving? Most guild leaders dont give you the consideration like these clearly are. Theres no drama here unless you bring it yourself.

Deleted
    Which list are you on?

Deleted
    Reading it it looks like their will be more of the new guild members than there will be of your existing guild.
    I do not see this going well for your existing guild.

Leave this guild? I would hug this guild and never let go.

Doesn't seem like guild drama, just seems like a guild taking steps to help with progression. The only drama here is like the GM said, if you make it into a shit storm.

I completely agree with the GM on the drama shit, it's a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Your guild leadership is clearly extremely proffesional and civil. Unless you are cut and want to continue raiding why would you even consider leaving? Most guild leaders dont give you the consideration like these clearly are. Theres no drama here unless you bring it yourself.
    I was going to say the same thing. You are lucky you are getting this nice of an explanation. looks like if you make the cut, you have a good group to work with.

I'd find a more stable guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    Which list are you on?
    I am on the short list. We also have a few higher ranking members that aren't very good, but will make the short list because of their position within the guild.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

The op sounds so entitled.

Problems : maybe i should just ditch cause reasons.
    Leadership try's to solve the problems : maybe i should start asking stupid questions instead of sitting on my ass doing anything i can help them so we can get past this problems as fast as possible so i can resume raiding entitlement at its finest.

If you don't make the cut they will be fine.
    If you wanna make the cut you shouldn't even be creating those type of topics.
    Your guild and the one they are merging with clearly have a plan not all plans work out but if you don't want to give them a chance at doing what they are trying to do and work for you should leave now.

Fucking entitlement brats.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're on the short list and these dramatic problem players are on the cut list, seems like a win all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    The op sounds so entitled.

Problems : maybe i should just ditch cause reasons.
    Leadership try's to solve the problems : maybe i should start asking stupid questions instead of sitting on my ass doing anything i can help them so we can get past this problems as fast as possible so i can resume raiding entitlement at its finest.

If you don't make the cut they will be fine.
    If you wanna make the cut you shouldn't even be creating those type of topics.
    Your guild and the one they are merging with clearly have a plan not all plans work out but if you don't want to give them a chance at doing what they are trying to do and work for you should leave now.

Fucking entitlement brats.
    I have friends that I know won't make the short list and will inevitably end up looking for new guilds and I don't want that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It seems that all the drama is coming from the members and not the guild leadership. The leadership seems to be handling it well and is simply frustrated that some players prefer to create drama rather than adressing the issues to the leadership. If you are among the people who are creating drama, do them a favor and leave or otherwise learn to communicate and apologize. Otherwise if you are just a member looking at the drama from outside, your leaders seem to be handling this fairly well so stick with them.
    I have to agree with this 100%. I've led a guild through a guild merger and it isn't easy, this GM sounds like a very professional type but unfortunately you will always find people who react badly when their 'safe' raid spot is threatened.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

OP, you might be interested in joining a more casual raiding guild? I know I can't stand the thought of being part of progression simply because I deal with enough stressful situations at work/university. I can see how this guild merger is "professional" but I can also very well understand why some of us might really not be fond of such deals. The solution is leave and join a more social/casual guild.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    I have friends that I know won't make the short list and will inevitably end up looking for new guilds and I don't want that.
    Then go with them if you want?

It seems reasonable what your GM is doing to me, if your guild wants to push into Mythics, each of the mergers are gonna have to cut edges somewhere.

And while yeah, it can suck, it's unavoidable. It's not drama, it's just how it goes.

It reads like an acquisition merger for a company buying another company. The GMs being very professional but it's going to cause some friction, specially with those members who have been there a while. Let the drama llamas leave if they want. It shows their true colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    A personal answer for the op:

There is always going to be drama when people are at risk for losing raid slots due to a merger. If you can't handle it, yeah, you should leave. If it bothers you enough, you should leave because the most likely thing to happen is that you yourself is going to pour gasoline on drama and set it on fire. What you should not be doing is putting any blame on guild leadership when they are attempting to handle this in about as good a way as it can be handled. So far, so good.

Leaving a guild is a very personal thing. I don't know how much we can help you with that except to knock down any ideas that your guild management--based on what you've chosen to show us--is handling this badly. I don't think they are.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-09-09 at 08:29 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't seem like drama. This seems like a GM who wants to do what is best for his guild, which seems to be merging with another guild and cutting slackers.

If you got cut, just find another guild. If your friends got cut, decide if it's worth moving with them to a new guild, or if you'd rather stay.

I think it depends on a few things. If you still get to raid with the people you like and you get to raid the content you like, by all means stay. If you lose out on friends, you're not happy with how the team turns out or you don't get to raid the content you like then i would leave if i were you.

Personally i would have liked to have had a meeting about this with all raid members so to ensure everyone is on the same page and take everyones opinion on the matter before sending out a message like this or making a decision. To a situation that have gone this far as to were drama has been created i would for sure consider leaving unless it's a guild that I've been playing with very long with a lot of friends.