Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to Deal with the Many AFKERS at invasion points in argus?

lately way too many ppl just afk at the entrance and tag boss when he comes up , are they bots or what?

Deleted
    Lazy fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't want to participate in trivial gameplay, but they want rewards, so they tag boss and alt-tab to mmo-champion. I don't think you can deal with them, just ignore and kill boss if you like it.

Deleted
    I haven't seen any and I've done dozens of invasions. Considering how easy it is to die if you're distracted and that I believe that you must tag boss to get loot, AFKing in there is a risky endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by magetower View Post
    lately way too many ppl just afk at the entrance and tag boss when he comes up , are they bots or what?
    The same way you deal with afkers in LFR. Oh wait.... LUL
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Report them,call for others in the invasion to report them (usually they'll be happy to)

After a few times they get actual sanctions

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    I haven't seen any and I've done dozens of invasions. Considering how easy it is to die if you're distracted and that I believe that you must tag boss to get loot, AFKing in there is a risky endeavour.
    Its only risky to afk in the mushroom place
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

kite the boss ontop of them, there's usualy some stupid mechanic that'll kill anyone afk arround the boss

Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    kite the boss ontop of them, there's usualy some stupid mechanic that'll kill anyone afk arround the boss
    One boss has a mechanics that deal damage to people NOT standing on the boss though

Deleted
    Ignore them?

I join raid groups so finished in 2min

They arent hurting anything. The invasions fill up untill they're done and having more people in them changes none of the mobs or mechanics.

This isnt like BG afkers where its hurting the BG, them afking in an invasion hurts no one.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly, most of these invasions are piss easy except for the mushroom one, dsn't really matter much if these assholes afk or not.

Deleted
    Haven't noticed any AFK'er in any of the 20 odd invasions I have been in. There may have been some, but they didn't stand out if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Its only risky to afk in the mushroom place
    Yeah, that place is pretty brutal. It's the only one of those places where I've actually been killed. Saw a tank carrying a bunch of mobs, threw down my dots and starfalled. Next thing I know I'm dead. Looks at recap. Multiple 1m+ shadow bolts from nonelite mobs. O......kay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The invasion points should have been limited to 5 people so that there was at least some challenge in completing them. I completed them all on the PTR solo as a tank so a 5man group could easily handle them. It would take some time, it would be a social experience and it would by necessity not allow this behaviour since it would be far simpler to check and kick AFKers.
    My first few were 3 man and easy... The more people the higher the mobs HP

Here's how you do it

1. Add automatic grouping so healers can actually heal

2. Add rewards in stage 1 and 2 that require participation

3. Change some of them to be less frustrating, like the stupid sleep cloud that is barely visible and the dark one with a million adds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, that place is pretty brutal. It's the only one of those places where I've actually been killed. Saw a tank carrying a bunch of mobs, threw down my dots and starfalled. Next thing I know I'm dead. Looks at recap. Multiple 1m+ shadow bolts from nonelite mobs. O......kay.
    Yeah that's the only difficult one

10+ Year Old Account
    And the other thread on this didn't fulfill your needs to whine about them?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-do-about-that

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Yeah that's the only difficult one
    And then there's the massive ?? level bog beasts which I'm 99% sure are there for you to avoid and not mess with. But people pull them, and they add them huge wide area beam that hits for 3m+ and knocks you back. My last run there like 5 of them were pulled. Eventually we were all just sitting there at the graveyard waiting for res.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The invasion points should have been limited to 5 people so that there was at least some challenge in completing them. I completed them all on the PTR solo as a tank so a 5man group could easily handle them. It would take some time, it would be a social experience and it would by necessity not allow this behaviour since it would be far simpler to check and kick AFKers.
    Well, you can still solo them if you want. I soloed one of my first once since I had figured out to look in the group finder yet and it was brutal to do as a non tank. The first phases took forever and the boss had to be taken in 6-7 wipes just to get down. Thankfully the boss doesn't reset health if you wipe.